Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fear might actually end up with higher ratings than the regular TWD has

Discussion in 'Episode 1018 - Find Me' started by lastcat3, Mar 10, 2021.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not by the end of season 11 of TWD Fear may actually wind up having higher ratings than the mother show has.

The latest episode of TWD fell down to
    2.2m viewers. Most of the episodes of the latest season of Fear we're around 1.2-1.5. It's looking like a real possibility that by the time TWD finishes up more people will be watching Fear or at the very least the two shows will have about the same viewership numbers.

Lol this is how TWD can level their ratings out. Bring the Alicia fans back over to TWD.

#1 lastcat3, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I really don't know why you're still here when all you do is trash the show. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastcat3

Lol, well in this set up I was just trying to find a situation to post that video.

Have to admit it is interesting though how the show continues to bleed viewers even after it has gotten to the point where the ratings are lower than they were when the show started. A little of that can be attributed to the streaming service but definitely not all of it. Fear seems to be able to sustain it's audience better than TWD these days.

4. PepperAnn

Do you still watch the show, when it airs or maybe after? I'm talking about the original show? Do you do it out of torture? Who care's if the viewership has dwindled. Those of us that still come here and talk about it still like it so there's that.

And obv no one here care's about The Last Of Us. LOL

5. lastcat3

Yeah I wouldn't be talking about it if I wasn't. I record it then watch it about an hour or so later so I can skip the commercials. I have been watching up to this point so I at least want to see how it ends.

My opinion of why it is doing such a poor job of holding viewers is because it's 'B' list characters are largely the stars of the series now. Along with a former villain that was a terrible villain. They honestly probably should have just killed Negan off at the end of season 8. I don't think having him still around is doing the show any good. Even if he is more bearable now than he was in seasons 7 and 8 people still associate him with when the show started going downhill for them.

6. PepperAnn

I just wish they would have had Negan toned down back then because I really like his character now. He doesn't annoy me anywhere near like he used to. But even back then, when he would get really angered.....we saw his real self.

7. lastcat3

Yeah it was just a poor decision of the writers (and perhaps JDM overacted a bit to). Negan became such a popular character in the comic because people still had the ability to use their imagination and could turn a rather goofy character more into the type they wanted him to be. Viewers don't have the ability to do that with live action and when the show runners chose to do a pretty straight on adaption all people saw was a big goofball walking across their screens.

I agree though if they had made Negan then more like he is now he would have been received a lot better. Given the circumstances though I think it would have just been a better decision to move on from him.

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will just let TV Negan to have the fate of the comic Negan?
    Maybe, they will squeeze a little bit out of this character with some drama, eg having a momentary relapse back to the Lucille-swinging Negan due to some serious stress. It will be a big surprise to see a whistling Negan again. Will it be a terrifying scene or just terrible drama plot?

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s all on Negan. The man was a horrible excuse for a human being, true. That he’s supposed to be reformed now may or may not actually be the case. That guy’s got demons that still come out to play every now and then. I know he keeps his baser instincts pretty well tamped down cause he has no other choice. I’d really like to think that he wants to be a better person but what would it take for his old persona to make a reappearance? That keeps a certain amount of underlying tension in the overall story which is a good thing for a drama.

His character, per say, probably wasn’t what made people start to leave. It was the hemorrhaging of fan favorites like Abe, and Glenn right down to Rick and Michonne. It’s tiring to watch so many characters you become vested in get killed. The story lines might have been following the comics but maybe it’s different when you’re seeing it played out on tv.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. lastcat3

Yeah aside from Daryl and Carol (and they themselves weren't the most important characters of the group through the first half dozen seasons) most all the main characters in the show now didn't show up until the group was already in Alexandria or on their way to Alexandria. Most all the characters that got people to start watching the show to begin with are now gone.And even with Maggie now who really knows how much she is going to be in the show from this point forward. She may have a pretty limited agreement of how many episodes she is going to be in.

#10 lastcat3, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if they have Negan meet the same fate as he did in the comics. The post-sanctuary Negan on the TV side is different, and more multidimensional.

In another thread I mentioned that I believe we'll have two different groups split up, one to Commonwealth and the other staying at Alexandria. Negan will be part of the latter. He's probably going to be left behind with most of the kids. He's much better with them than adults. I could see them having Negan sacrificing himself for one of them toward the end of the show.

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

From what I read previously Lauren Cohan returned as a series regular. I don't believe she had any other projects going on when she signed up, and it's unlikely that changed during the pandemic.

13. blundig

blundig Member

Sometimes I like Fear better because it's like the Yule Log--nothing really happens but I don't get mad because I had no expectations for it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. blundig

blundig Member

I would have liked if Maggie walked up to Negan, slit his throat, and no one say anything then or in the future. Best served cold.

15. blundig

blundig Member

Also, why do we have to have the same show every year? Meet an implacable foe and then defeat them. Over and over. When does "We have met the enemy and it is us?" become impossibly trite? How about taking back part of the earth? Meeting with people working on a medicinal or scientific breakthrough? Something other than taking shit and pretending it's a triumph of the spirit. No series can survive doing the same thing every year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

Negan WAS toned down from the comics when he first came on the show. LOL

17. blundig

blundig Member

Loved One More though.