Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

If I was an illegal alien, I'd move to New York. Even though the state is contemplating raising taxes again because they can't pay their bills they are going to be paying Illegal Aliens up to $15,600 each for covid relief! That's more than any American citizen is getting from the government. Unbelievable.

"
    New York lawmakers struck a deal this week to establish a $2.1 billion coronavirus relief fund for undocumented immigrants and other unemployed workers who were ineligible for federal aid during the pandemic.

The fund, which was announced as part of a broader $212 billion state budget agreement, will offer one-time payments of up to $15,600 to undocumented immigrants who lost their jobs during the virus-induced crisis.

In order to qualify for the money, individuals must prove they are New York residents who were ineligible for unemployment benefits and stimulus checks due to their immigration status. They will also need to demonstrate that they lost income during the pandemic.

Other illegal immigrants who are unable to show the same level of verification will be eligible to receive $3,200 – the same amount that many Americans received from the three stimulus checks approved by Congress this year and last. "

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/new-york-fund-coronavirus-aid-undocumented-immigrants

#2841 Morgotha, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

After, I stopped laughing cause believe me, trying to get money back from NYS can be like getting blood out of a stone, I read a couple articles to see what was up.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2021/04/08/ny-immigrants-covid-aid/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/nyregion/covid-relief-undocumented-workers-nyc.html
    First, both articles state , “up to $15,600” which means not everyone will be getting that much. That highest amount broken down amounts to $300 per week, probably for the last year, which is undoubtably low for NYC where the majority of these undocumented immigrants live and work.

They’re only estimating the amount of recipients that may possibly benefit not to mention there’s going to be a lot of hoops to jump through. Good luck to them, they’ll need it, lol.

What I found interesting was that they mentioned “centrist”Governor Cuomo raising some concerns but severely hampered by the sexual harassment business which has reduced his influence and allowed the more progressive elements of the party to roll full steam ahead. Hmmmm.....

The state better hop to it, rolling out the new marijuana commerce details now that it’s legal in the state for recreational use. They could use the money and I could use a joint. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Morgotha

In a way I'd rather they DID give the money out. It would be a shame if that 2.1 Billion intended for people in need just got gobbled up by the state government instead.

That "up to" IS important, though. If Americans aren't being given the same benefit, then indeed NY State IS giving a benefit to illegal aliens that it is not giving to US citizens. Why on Earth would it do that?

4. Morgotha

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Yes. Big cities, big problems but not everywhere looks like this. While certain infractions are not being given, no, you cant shoot up anywhere or live anywhere or steal whatever you want. There are still lots of restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Morgotha

No, not everywhere looks like that as there aren't enough junkies to fill every place in the city ... yet.

7. purriwinkle

Here’s the deal ;), American citizens were eligible for unemployment benefits if they lost their job due to the pandemic whereas undocumented immigrants were not. So basically, from what I can see, this fund will give these workers a one time “unemployment” benefit retroactively that others had been collecting all along. It will be based, just like it’s counterpart, on how much you earned, how many hours you worked, etc. Not everyone, I presume gets the same amount in unemployment benefits either. These folks too will have to provide the required documentation to prove their claim and receive the money. How many will be willing to come forward and potentially “expose” themselves to ICE remains to be seen.

8. purriwinkle

9. Morgotha

For 15k in cash? Probably ALL of them will come forward. As we've seen with criminal illegal aliens, illegals can get deported several times, so coming back doesn't seem to be a real problem, especially with Biden's open door invitation.

American citizens can collect unemployment insurance because American citizens are in the country legally and are legally working here. The State has no obligation to provide money to illegal aliens helping themselves to America's benefits.

And for those illegal aliens working for cash? Yeah, they're already making 50% more than the average worker by not paying tax, social security, etc., so they doubly have no right to anything now.

10. purriwinkle

No obligation to give them money but in recognition of the fact that they contributed, the law makers think it fair.

As for the rest...just no.

11. Morgotha

So in the office of a known combative governor your boss comes to you, a secretary, and tells you at the end of your work day to drive something to the governor at his house. When you do so, that means you are "willingly volunteering" to work on his book?

Nah, you are doing so because to NOT do so is to likely lose your job. That's not "volunteering".

12. Morgotha

They aren't owed anything IMO, they OWE THE UNITED STATES an incredible amount for the opportunity they've taken for themselves to be here in the first place. If their attitude is that America hasn't given them enough they should go back to their own country where I'm sure their country's government will pay them what they believe they deserve.

13. purriwinkle

I might have felt a little put out. Can’t speak for anyone else but if my boss was that demanding I would have looked for another job. It’s a good object lesson, I will admit, on how not to act if you’re in charge.

#2853 purriwinkle, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. purriwinkle

Neither you nor I know anything about these people, their situations, how long they’ve been here, what they’ve done to make a living, etc. If they can show a work history, of contributing, and some money is appropriated to help them during this crisis when they have no other resources, I’m ok with that. They’re here. They’re our neighbors. Love your neighbor and all that.

15. Morgotha

For want of a nail, the kingdom was lost.There's always some rationale to not do what we should. The result is never a good thing.

16. purriwinkle

Pithy, but I doubt we would agree on what the “nail” in this case symbolizes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Morgotha

I never would have thought that we'd disagree on whether or not it was o.k. to break the law, but I guess we do.

18. purriwinkle

It would seem the only thing we don’t agree on is the meaning of the probverb.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Morgotha

Well, that, and spellbing.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. purriwinkle

Can’t deal with that now. Having breakfast and I just learned EJ is coming back to DOOL! Too bad it won’t be James Scott but I’m all twitterpated! LOL.:oops:

• Like Like x 1