Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I cant believe what I just witnessed

Discussion in 'Episode 1022 - Here's Negan' started by zombie_basher, Apr 1, 2021.

1. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

Crowning achievement of season 10 and TWD as a whole. One of its best episodes ever. This episode was an absolute masterpiece.

2. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I must admit I liked it a lot - definitely the best of this mini series.

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Certainly the best of the 6 and an excellent backstory for Negan. Is it just me or do people like Negan more than Maggie?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

No I think Negan is a big reason why people are continuing to tune out of the show even with the writing being a little better now. To be honest you really have to suspend a lot of disbelief to buy into the idea that these people would ever allow Negan to live amongst them after he did what he did. This show used to be a realistic portrayal of how people would act in a post apocalyptic environment. Well it definitely isn't that any longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oshawott

Oshawott New Member

I don't buy that, about Negan at least. Anyone who doesn't like him would've stopped watching ages ago considering that he's been around since season 6. If people are dropping the series, I think it's far more likely that it's due to Rick's absence, bad writing, certain character deaths (Carl's in particular), or all of the above.

As for the Alexandrians not accepting Negan, I'd find it hilarious and ironic if any of them (outside of Maggie) still hold a grudge against him given that Carol's been just as dangerous, what with her being responsible for killing tons of people as well, whether directly or indirectly, especially in this season. So if they can tolerate Carol, they should tolerate Negan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

It depends how you define “like”?

Who would I like as a person if I was a real person in their world? I’d stay well clear of Negan and never be able to forget what he’s done, what he’s capable of. I could just about tolerate his existence in the community given his 8 years of penance in jail and some recent acts that has proven his loyalty, or his fervent wish to be accepted in the community at the least. Still, he would make me feel on edge. Maggie is straightforward, trustworthy, and likeable, a long track record of being a team player and a good leader.

Now if the question is which character I like more in a tv show as a viewer? Absolutely Negan. He’s a fantastic character with more layers and nuances than probably any other on the show. Certainly on par with the complexity of Rick, Carol, Daryl and Michonne. Way more interesting and complex than Maggie. If I had to choose between a bottle episode on Maggie or Negan, I’d always choose Negan. If I had to let one of these characters leave the show, I’d choose to keep Negan without a second thought. I’m glad Maggie is back and she seems more interesting now than before. But I didn’t miss her whilst she was gone. Whilst Negan’s continued presence on the show has added so much fabulous tension and drama over the years.
    Best decision ever was to keep him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Terminator

You lost me at "realistic portrayal".

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Terminator

Don't forget that we're watching this in a relatively short time frame vs the time lapses in the series. It's been 6+ years at least since the end of the Saviors war, plus Negan did get rid of Alpha. I just thing as I watch the show now, Negan has more redeeming qualities than Maggie with her carried on hatred. I doubt I could forgive someone who killed my spouse either, but that would be real life. Just food for thought.

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Also we have to keep in mind that Maggie has been away, so she's been separated from the gradual "warming up" to Negan that others have done while witnessing him redeem himself. The last she knew of him, he bashed Glenn's skull in and killed many others too... so even when they tell her what he's done since, she hasn't gone through the process like they have. Also she has Glenn's child which I'm sure has a lot to do with it - coming back and being all chummy with the man who killed his daddy isn't very realistic.