Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Hee hee! I read that a bit too quickly and I thought you posted you were having breakfast with James Scott and he told you EJ was going to back on Days!:eek:

I'd probably get a bit twitterpated from that myself!:oops::oops::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

No kidding. I slept in later than usual cause it’s raining and decided to turn on DOOL while I was eating breakfast and there was Sami who apparently spent the night with Lucas telling him EJ couldn’t find out about it. I was all OMG! I’ve always loved me some Sami/EJ action.

I’m an intermittent watcher any more. When I was still working there was a woman who would fill me in on anything I missed. I got away from it but you know how it is....

[​IMG]

LOL

4. purriwinkle

Yet, you caught my misspelling of proverb, lol. I don’t know why I didn’t get a spelling alert, hmmmm....maybe I did, I don’t know but it looked ok to me pre coffee.o_O:D

5. PepperAnn

Oh same thing with me but worse. I quit all together for like 20 years. Didn’t know a thing for that long. I stayed with my sis and bro in law for about a year during 2013/2014 and she ROPED ME BACK IN. she never quit.

now after the big shakeup that happened last year (the time jump) Kelly was all “Im out”. She doesn’t even want me to tell her what’s going on.
    Bitch. Lololol

“ALLLLLL BYYYYY MYYYYYY SELLLLLLF”

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Morgotha

LOL, sometimes misspelling jumps out at you like an errant grey hair - not that I have personal experience with that, either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morgotha

LOL, make it a point to keep her updated no matter what she says! Pretty soon she'll be back.;)

I used to be addicted to Guiding Light, in no small part because of Roger, but then when Michael Zaslow got ALS IRL and was fired from the show? I was pretty angry and gave it up. LOL, I'm sure I could go back and all would be forgiven, but... no.

8. PepperAnn

Guiding Light no longer exists. LOL

9. PepperAnn

Not to derail.....but..... @purriwinkle I watched yesterday's episode last night. You must have found out EJ was coming back from an article you read?

Sami and Lucas were hilarious yesterday. I adore Lucas. Lol

10. Morgotha

See, there you go. They lost me as a viewer and... POOF!

It goes to show how your life can move on, though. Things I think I've been away from for a few months have really been *years*.:( LOL, One of my best friend's sons is getting married, and I'm the boy's Godmother. She started having her children years before I did, and I remember her pregnancy, and her son from being a baby through middle school, but now? He sent pictures of himself and his fiancee and he's turned in to a big man with a full beard, and she's a beautiful young woman with a great smile who exudes joy! Kind of shocking to see who I remember as a lanky boy who liked baseball all of a sudden looking ilke Paul Bunyan. It'll be fun to catch up at the wedding, but I just can't *believe* how much time has slipped by. I'd better get back to work before I start getting depressed.:rolleyes::(

#2870 Morgotha, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. purriwinkle

First thing I did when Sami mentioned him. Remember, I’ve barely watched it through the pandemic lockdown last year although that would have been a perfect time to catch up. Last thing I remember is that they were hinting at it and EJ was covered in bandages but I had read that James Scott was refusing to renew his contract which was holding things up since he was a fan favorite.

When I looked it up yesterday they said that the actor who plays
    Tony Demera dropped it in a podcast he was on at the end of March. The articles didn’t’t say who had been recast in the role though. Personally, I’ve always hated when they do that but I guess actors come and go on soaps for any number of reasons. Looking forward to it though.

In the meantime I’ll have to be content to feast my eyes on the actor who plays Brady. That guy is one seriously good looking man, lol.

12. purriwinkle

I must have had the same spelling teacher as Dan Quayle, lol.

13. Morgotha

What I thought was memorable about the Quayle situation was that the little boy said, "I knew he was wrong, but I didn't say anything because he is the Vice President". What a mature boy, and what a statement about humanity.

14. purriwinkle

I remember The Guiding Light but the best “former” soap, IMO, was the Edge of Night. That was a real nail biter! We used to run home after school in the sixties so we could watch it and talk about it later, lol.

15. Morgotha

I don't remember that one, it was on *before my time*!!:):):p:p:D:D:D;);):D:D. Ahhhhhh! I feel like a fresh spring daisy all of a sudden! Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. PepperAnn

yes he is. Him and Zander. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Morgotha

The Dems really DO want to change the Supreme Court.

"
    WASHINGTON—Democratic lawmakers plan to introduce legislation on Thursday that would add four seats to the Supreme Court, an initiative that has slim hopes of passage but reflects progressives’ impatience with President Biden’s cautious approach toward overhauling a court that turned to the right during the Trump administration.

Last week, Mr. Biden signed an executive order establishing a 36-member commission to report back within six months on possible changes to the Supreme Court’s membership, jurisdiction and lifetime terms. Mr. Biden appointed former Obama White House Counsel Bob Bauer and Yale law professor Cristina Rodriguez as co-chairmen of the commission; other members include many widely respected scholars, including some noted conservatives.

“We need more than a commission to restore integrity to the court,” said Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts, who is co-sponsoring the legislation with the House Judiciary Committee chairman, Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York, and Reps. Hank Johnson of Georgia and Mondaire Jones of New York."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...o-expand-supreme-court/ar-BB1fEWvj?li=BBnb7Kz

18. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lifetime appointments are sketchy but supposedly limit perceived loyalties. Their job isn’t tied to pleasing anyone. Packing the court is a temporary solution that still creates the possibility of one president appointed several Justices. It doesn’t solve anything. No simple solutions. You just have to endure ebbs and flows and hope the courts support your views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Morgotha

At least Pelosi hasn't taken leave of her senses:

"Speaker Nancy Pelosi Thursday said the House will not vote on a Judiciary Committee proposal to pack the U.S. Supreme Court with an additional four Justices
    “No,” Pelosi said when a reporter asked if she would be taking up fellow Democrat Jerry Nadler’s proposal to increase the court to 13 justices.

“I have no plans to bring it to the floor,” Pelosi said.

Nadler, who is chairman of the Judiciary Committee, said he planned to make an announcement Thursday that he would introduce legislation to increase the court. Democrats want to add additional Justices appointed by President Joe Biden in order to blunt the impact of the three Justices appointed by President Donald Trump.

But Pelosi, of California, said she is leaving it up to President Biden, who recently signed an executive order creating a commission to examine expanding the court.

“I support the president’s commission, to study such a proposal,” Pelosi said, adding that the House is busy working on infrastructure and other major legislation. “I don’t know that it is a good idea or a bad idea. I think it’s an idea that should be considered and I think the president is taking the right approach, to have a commission study such a thing."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-to-pack-supreme-court/ar-BB1fGR2X?li=BBnb7Kz

20. Morgotha

I like the idea of lifetime appointments, but would add in a mandatory retirement age - say 75 or so. That would give us unbiased justices as well as a reasonable assurance most of them would have all their faculties when deciding cases.