Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I definitely believe there are people out there with biological abnormalities that make them differ from the norm, but that doesn't change the fact that she's biologically a woman. LOL, I don't see why anyone wants to argue about that, really. Is that such a bad thing?

2. Morgotha

Instead of supporting him getting major surgery to "correct" what he feels is a defect, why not get him counseling to help him accept himself for who he is?

3. Morgotha

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

“P” may have had girl parts, but the rest of his body acted like it was male.
    From the lack of menstruation, some facial hair, and the bodies physique, he showed every aspect of being male.
    But because he had girl parts, society insisted on labeling him a girl.

Personally, I think P just completed something that should have happened naturally.

The truth is out there

5. Morgotha

Yes, but. She actually IS a girl, meaning that if her testosterone levels are through the roof she likely has some problem with her pituitary, ovaries, adrenals -- something isn't working the way it was intended to.. A good endocrinology visit as a child might have been able to correct the problem before it was too late, but at this point what's done is done.

Personally, I'd *still* have her condition worked up by someone who really knows what they're doing, as many of these conditions are indicators of things that can have other serious problems as well, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

To look at it another way, "breast cancer" happens naturally. "Heart attacks and strokes" happen naturally. When they do, we don't just say, "oh, well, it was meant to be", we try and *fix* them!

6. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

After the transition, he will be biologically a man. Regardless of his birth assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DeadZedHead

Counseling is required before transition can begin.

8. DeadZedHead

Your trying to decide for him what part needs to be “fixed”. What if this IS the part that needs to be fixed? Why is it our choice to decide something this major in his life? He is an individual who has the right to determine who he is. I don’t support these issues to force it on anyone who doesn’t want it but to understand that those aren’t my shoes. Until i walk in them i cant choose for them.

9. Morgotha

After the surgery he will appear to be a man, I don't argue with that.

10. Morgotha

As a disclaimer, I don't know anything about a particular patient here, and don't claim this is an area where I have particular expertise, but that being said, I think this is a pretty easy decision. For example, a common cause of women secreting excessive androgens is polycystic ovarian disease. If left untreated it can lead to infertility, diabetes, heart disease and uterine cancer.

It's not just a question of "do I want to be a man or a woman", it's more a question of "do I want to be a man and quite possibly end up with other life threatening problems as a result, or do I want to be a woman and NOT have said life threatening conditions?" A pretty easy decision to make, IMO.

I do understand the whole "who am I to judge" philosophy, but it's NOT just a "choice" when one side clearly is more harmful to the patient than the other. I also understand that for an adult who already has formed their identity, they may wish to continue as-is even knowing the risks. People smoke, drink, drive without seat belts, take drugs, etc., why should this be any different when approached from a risk-taking behavior standpoint?

I would, however, put blame on any parents who are informed of the risk but still have some hippy "let the child decide" approach when they as adults are told of the risks that an afflicted minor child is facing. Their responsibility is to do what's *best* for their child, not just what makes them happiest in the short term.

Finally, I wouldn't be too trusting of the mandatory counseling someone who wants a gender reassignment gets. These are expensive procedures and are often paid with cash. If a patient wants a gender surgery and goes to a gender change surgeon, the counselor the surgeon sends the patient to is probably one who shares the surgeon's idea that the change is a good thing. Not that I mean to imply that there aren't excellent counselors out there who really are doing their best for their patients, but there does seem to be a higher chance for bias in this type of situation.

#5810 Morgotha, Apr 16, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  11. Morgotha

12. Sharpie61

As did Ps parents when he was a child. Forcing their child into conversion therapy and regular hormone shots, it caused P to seek family elsewhere. She ran away a lot.
    And other then “her” physical appearance, “she” showed every aspect of being a boy.

My feeling about P is that since all fetus start out as female, P didn’t fully change over to be male, when it came to the genital aspect, but did every where else.

https://www.sciencealert.com/watch-we-were-once-all-female

Even though I stopped dating her dad, I do work with her step dad and his brother, so I hear about him and his sister. He is doing well, and is now happy to be going through the change.

The truth is out there

13. Sharpie61

My sister has hair past her butt. She said it sometimes gives her headaches. I bet it was the same for that woman. Plus the pull on the neck muscles must have been hard on her.

The truth is out there

14. Morgotha

I can imagine, that's like having a 10 pound weight strapped to your head. It must give you a lot of neck and upper back pain.

15. Morgotha

Here's something bizarre. The mass shooter at the Fedex in Indianapolis was obsessed with the character Applejack from My Little Pony.

"
    "I hope that I can be with Applejack in the afterlife, my life has no meaning without her," Hole wrote on his Facebook page at 10:19 p.m. Thursday, less than an hour before his rampage began, the outlet reported.

The post included a photo of Applejack, a blond pony that is a main character on the show. "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fedex-shooter-brandon-hole-was-obsessed-with-my-little-pony-report

16. Morgotha

17. Morgotha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Morgotha

When we get consumed by all our local troubles, it's nice to know that some parts of our society are still broadening humanity's reach and knowledge and achieving something great.

"
    A small helicopter opened a new chapter of space exploration this morning when it lifted off the surface of Mars, marking humankind’s first powered flight on another planet. The 19-inch-tall chopper called Ingenuity kicked up rusty red dust as it hovered about 10 feet off the ground, turned slightly, and slowly touched back down. The flight lasted only about 40 seconds, but it represents one of history's most audacious engineering feats.

Below is a picture of the helicopter itself - on Mars!

[​IMG]

Below is a video of man's first flight on another planet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...-fly-on-another-planet/ar-BB1fOlIm?li=BBnb7Kz

#5818 Morgotha, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Morgotha

Two men in Texas died while apparently letting their Tesla drive for them. One man was found in the passenger seat, and one in the back. The car rammed itself into a tree.

[​IMG]

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-56799749

20. DeadZedHead

My family member is still an early teen but was aware of not matching early on. It took a long time to admit to his parents and one still thinks he will snap out of it. They are in therapy together and separately to manage their communication better. I dont think its phase or confusion. All i can do is be available to talk when he wants to. He has opened up to my son who is close in age because he doesn’t feel he has anyone who will just listen instead of trying to convince him one way or the other. It was difficult for him to come out and its been difficult to have to justify something he feels he has no control over. He has a long life ahead of him. The difficulties have just started. I just want him to know he can count on family.