Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan. With the way it’s been mutating I already assumed we’d have to get annual shots like we do with the flu vaccine.
    If it helps to keep people safe and get us back to some kinda “normal” great. I would also go in 6 months if that’s what it takes at first.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I agree, but we're not talking about some angry teen trying to make a bomb in their room, this is the Chinese government with all the resources of the world's second largest economy. I'd think they could do it if they tried. They were able to *create* the virus easily enough, one would think they'd be able to make a vaccine to try and stop it.

3. Morgotha

"
    New Hampshire’s mask mandate expired Friday after the state’s governor announced in a tweet on Thursday that it would not be renewed. Gov. Chris Sununu said the decision was made as the state’s rate of virus-related hospitalizations remains stable, vaccination efforts increase and COVID-19 deaths continue to decline.

"This mandate going away will not limit or prevent the ability of private business or cities and towns from requiring masks, as was the case before," Sununu further explained. "New Hampshire residents know how to keep ourselves and our neighbors safe without a state mandate – just as we did before the winter surge.""

https://www.foxnews.com/health/new-hampshire-lifts-coronavirus-mask-mandate

4. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

5. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Hey everybody! Let’s open right up like Texas and Florida did!

6. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DeadZedHead

Yeeeeuuupp!!

8. surviving

• Like Like x 1
  9. DeadZedHead

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don’t care if there’s a mandate or not, I’ll be wearing my mask when out in the general public around people I don’t know. Fortunately, all family members (except one), have received the vaccine. Ditto with close friends. Told my daughter that while she’s home, if she expects to be entertaining any of her friends here they better be vaccinated as well or they aren’t coming into my house. When/If we reach herd immunity I’ll relax my stance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

That's a very reasonable POV.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. surviving

13. surviving

14. DeadZedHead

I agree. We are too close to drop our guards now

15. DeadZedHead

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. surviving

• Useful Useful x 2
  17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Wow!
    Sidebar: That cool COVID tracker website that I was a big fan of, is no longer active. That's too bad, because I feel like it was a great resource for info. Now I'm completely in the dark.

18. Morgotha

What amazes me is how many families just cremate their own dead. I wouldn't be at all surprised if many of these people didn't make the official death rolls.

[​IMG]

19. Morgotha

Some people in the Administration want hospital employees to use one mask per patient now that we have a lot of them. That to me is incredibly wasteful. I think it'd be more useful just to have hospital workers change masks a couple of times per day and give all the excess good N95 masks to the people who work at Walmart and restaurants, etc. Their lives are also important and they can contract disease and spread it just like hospital workers can.

"
    The Biden administration has taken the first step toward ending an emergency exception that allowed hospitals to ration and reuse N95 medical masks, the first line of defense between frontline workers and the deadly coronavirus.

Thousands of medical providers have died in the COVID-19 pandemic, many exposed and infected while caring for patients without adequate protection.

Critical shortages of masks, gowns, swabs, and other medical supplies prompted the Trump administration to issue guidelines for providers to ration, clean, and reuse disposable equipment. Thus, throughout the pandemic, once a week many doctors and nurses were issued an N95 mask, which is normally designed to be tossed after each patient.

Now U.S. manufacturers say they have vast surpluses for sale, and hospitals say they have three to 12-month stockpiles.

In response, the government says hospitals and healthcare providers should try to return to one mask per patient."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-n95-masks-should-no-longer-be-reused

20. surviving

• Useful Useful x 1