Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You didn't see the entire segment but that didn't stop you from having an uninformed opinion about that very segment. This is exactly why I roll my eyes.

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

He absolutely was being facetious. Unlike you, I watched the segment from beginning to end.

Besides, how is he any different than your preferred media personalities from the "Commie news network" who all pull the same crap? Uhhmmm... let's see.... you like their politics vs. you don't like Tucker's. Yep, that about sums it up. lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Fair point but if i cant watch more than 18 seconds without vomiting in my mouth, why would I subject myself to that? Especially when history tells me he is going to say something ridiculous every episode. I don’t mean something I disagree with politically. I mean something so stupid or racist i have a difficult time understanding how the FCC hasn’t pulled him off the air. Any time he goes too far, he gets a last minute “planned vacation “. So I don’t think i made an uninformed opinion. I have seen enough of his antics to form a full opinion. I didn’t have every detail of this incident but it falls in line with the idiocy that I have heard him say. We may be jumping to conclusions this time but he has made enough uninformed, inaccurate and incomplete statements that he demands his viewers believe that he hasn’t exactly earned the benefit of the doubt. I honestly don’t think he believes half of what he is saying. He is playing a character on a reality tv show. The problem, like with all reality shows, is that a good segment of viewers believe its all real. He is Vince McMahon trying to convince you wrestling is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DeadZedHead

Lol

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but if you just listen to the POV's of people you agree with you'll never understand what the other half of the country believes and why.

Carlson gets more viewers than any of the CNN hosts. Why is that? I doubt it's just that he's spreading lies all the time.

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It's because he says ridiculous things and people believe it.

7. DeadZedHead

No, i attempt to watch him occasionally. Not just clips posted to criticize him. I cant go more than a minute or two before he starts saying something ludicrous. I have some conservative views. I try to take in both sides of each issue. Im telling you. Fox today is not the Fox of 5 years ago. They have gone full extremist and are leaning hard on statements that would have been controversial even for them. Republicans in general. Lindsey Graham has said things recently that politicians would normally tiptoe around. This isn’t conservative vs liberal. This is news vs reality tv. Trump turned politics into MTV’s real world. As you pointed out before, there are far more “left” news outlets than right. That brings more viewers to fewer options. That doesn’t make them more popular. It just means they aren’t segmenting their market. They get all of the conservative viewership. While the others SPLIT the liberal viewership. With fewer options, the viewers are sort of held hostage to whatever news or views Fox decides to present. Like the frog on the hotplate, conservatives probably don’t even realize the change because they defend it on a daily basis and just accept it as normal. Carlson and Hannity are supposed to be opinion shows commenting on real news. Now the news shows are taking their cues from Carlson and Hannity and just repeating buzzwords and catchphrases over and over. Its become the National Enquirer except their viewers actually believe the batboy and Bigfoot (autocorrect made me capitalize Bigfoot) stories.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I wish I could rate this over and over.

9. Morgotha

Meh. For everyone on the right who believes his hyperbole there's a corresponding nut on the left who believes the spew coming out of CNN and MSN.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It reminds me of what Sidney Powell’s defense team had to say about her ridiculous statements concerning election fraud.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact,”

Shows you what they really think of people that believe such nonsense.
    Maybe Tucker is trying to pick up where Colbert left off as a parody of a conservative pundit, lol, How’s he doing? Does he have a future in comedy?

11. DeadZedHead

Lol really? Only idiots would believe what i say was her defense? I should have a few drinks and watch tucker with a laugh track. Maybe he is ironically Colbert 2.0

• Like Like x 1
  12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I don’t think Tucker has Colbert’s nuance.

13. DeadZedHead

No. But he is the punchline to every joke.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

How did the pandemic begin? It’s time for a new WHO investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...b-8c1a-56f0cb4ff3b5_story.html?outputType=amp

During the Trump presidency it was irresponsible to suggest the possibility of lab escape. Now it is irresponsible not to investigate the possibility of lab escape.
    The article leans toward lab escape being the origins of SARS-COV2. I wonder what has changed.
    Please note this the opinion of the Editorial board not just one contributor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Biffster

There’s a good doc on Netflix in a series called Coronavirus Explained, first episode, This Pandemic I believe it’s called. It explains in layman’s terms how zoonotic viruses work.

16. DeadZedHead

It doesn’t imply that it was leaked from a lab. It still says its the least likely origin. Just that an investigation needs to resume. They connect all similar covids to a single mine. China has labs that study viruses. If the pandemic was due to to failure to contain a virus being studied, they would need to be held accountable but It still doesn’t make it a manmade virus, intentionally released to hurt trumps reelection campaign. Thats why Republicans faced so much resistance trying to hold China accountable. They were flinging conspiracy theories as if they were fact. The real questions were overshadowed by the crackpots.

17. Biffster

If there’s one thing the Republican Party is not short of it’s crackpots flinging conspiracy theories.

18. DeadZedHead

We got a bunch of mini trumps

19. Morgotha

The Chinese government didn't create the virus de novo in a lab, they altered an existing virus. That's what being "made in a lab" means. The WHO tried valiantly to find a "natural" SARS2 and didn't - that, and finding the virus literally at the doorstep of the Chinese level 4 virology lab is as much "proof" of China's manipulation in the process as we're likely to get -or need.

I get that you want this to be a political issue, but this virus has been the most effective weapon ever used in the history of the world, and you're letting China off the hook for creating and using it (whether accidentally or deliberately) without punishment because of our national politics? Do you realize how insane that is?

20. Morgotha

And you think crackpot Republicans are running the Washington Post editorial board? o_O