Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. I just want to make sure that BJK, Venus, and Serena have a fair chance to have their moment in the sun.

#5941 Morgotha, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

i think instead of traditional morality you meant to say modern sensibilities. Public restrooms for women have never been more private than they are today. The individual stall for each person in a public restroom is unprecedented historically and is designed to mimic modern bathrooms in one’s home that accommodates one person (usually) at a time and gives the user some anonymity.

Actually, often public restrooms were rather communal, i.e.

[​IMG]
    Roman public toilets

[​IMG]
    High falutin two seater outhouse

[​IMG]
    Or three seater...

[​IMG]
    No stalls at boot camp

LOL, just saying that people didn’t always have the luxury of privacy in public “rest rooms” so there’s no “traditional” and ignore the person next to you when it came to “morality”, I guess.
    As one article I read stated,”modesty took a back seat to practical matters”.

As for cameras recording/watching people pissing, there’s a kink for that apparently according to the Steele Dossier. o_O

#5942 purriwinkle, May 6, 2021
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Not too long ago, coed bathrooms were a thing in some office buildings.

The truth is out there

4. Morgotha

Boot camp at least was single gender. Can't speak for the Romans. And like I said, if that's what society wants to move towards, so be it. I'm sure it's cheaper for the businesses as they'll only have to build one set of facilities - but I must admit, I'm glad I won't have to use them.

5. Morgotha

A middle school girl in Idaho showed up with a gun to school and shot three people. Keeps getting nuttier out there.

"
    A female student opened fire at an Idaho middle school Thursday morning, wounding a custodian and two other students before being disarmed by a teacher and taken into custody, authorities said.

The shooting happened at Rigby Middle School in Jefferson County just after 9 a.m. The student, a sixth-grader, pulled the gun out of a backpack before she opened fire, authorities said.

"During the shooting, a teacher disarmed the student and detained her until law enforcement took her into custody," Jefferson County Sheriff Steve Anderson said during a news conference. "She did take the handgun from the student.""

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-school-shooting-jefferson-county

6. purriwinkle

The point being that as we move towards MORE privacy when it comes to public restrooms, it allows a greater variety of people to use them without infringing on others also using the facilities.

I’m not sure large venues will ever have coed “rest rooms” but I’ve traveled a little, frequent restaurants, still go to the mall, movies, live theater, ball park, etc.and I’ve never felt threatened in a “ladies” room or even exposed. Besides I couldn’t really tell you much about other “women” in there at the time I was cause one tends to politely not notice cause that would be rude and a bit creepy to stare.

What’s tricky is those portapotties you find at outdoor festivals. You gotta remember to lock the door. A friend of mine opened one once that indicated it was vacant from the outside only to find a guy in there doing his business! That flustered her a bit I can tell you! We had a good laugh later but LOCK that door! Lol.

7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lol. Ya lock the door. But most locks seem to more for decoration and don’t work terribly well. In the mens room, the general rule of thumb is eyes forward, no talking, do your business and get out. There are no other people in the restroom. Just moving objects you try not to pee on. For the longest time big public mens rooms only had a couple of toilets and mostly urinals. Many didn’t have dividers between them. A lot would even forgo the urinals and just have long troughs. Ive never seen the junk of the person standing next to me and i hope they didn’t see mine but that wasn’t considered odd or dangerous just inconvenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. purriwinkle

I see that in private medical offices where the public restroom only accommodates one person at a time. Both men and women use them.

What I miss are the old time ladies lounges. That sitting area adjacent to the room with the toilets and sinks. You still find them occasionally but the best one I’ve ever been in had, in the “lounge” area, a floor to ceiling enclosed glass case that displayed vintage Barbies in all these magnificent outfits. My daughter and I spent so much time looking at them, the rest of our party thought something had happened to us, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Morgotha

Meh, privacy is racist.

On porta-potties, I have a tangible fear of them. When I was in high school there was this one boy who wasn't really in my group but always seemed to be around, and anyway he got a real kick out of pushing over porta potties when there was someone in them. He'd run up behind the things, push it over on to its face and melt back into the crowd.

I was always wondering when someone would get hurt or die from that. Anyway, he never got caught in high school, continued doing the same thing in college at least a couple of times (probably more, but he's not someone I kept in contact with), and eventually got a job at the CDC where he probably still works today.

LOL, that's just a reminiscence, but it goes to show how events surrounding bathrooms can traumatize people, and how just being smart doesn't mean your head's screwed on correctly.

10. Sharpie61

I’m talking about full bathrooms, with stalls. They became a thing in a lot of offices after the Alley McBeal tv show.

The truth is out there

11. purriwinkle

Well, that would traumatize anyone! Lol I’ve never seen someone knock one over before. I thought they were a lot heavier than that but I guess not. What a nut!

Oh, Did you mean “racist” ? Can’t see that!

#5951 purriwinkle, May 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. purriwinkle

Well, that’s interesting. I don’t remember ever coming across that. I wouldn’t care if I had to go but that’s where you need the stalls fully enclosed with a good lock on the door!

13. Morgotha

Yep. His father was a bit nutty as well. LOL, I remember how his father (who was an engineer of some sort) didn't trust their car's gas gauge and would check the fuel level manually by running a long wire in to the tank and recording the result. I suppose the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

#5953 Morgotha, May 7, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sharpie61

I was in one only once. It was an office building for probate lawyers. There were only stalls and at the time, I was the only one in there. But the door indicated both male and female.

The truth is out there

15. purriwinkle

There you go. Women usually are afforded more privacy. Unless you find yourself face to face with a squat toilet situation woman like to sit and standing upright wouldn’t do at all!

16. purriwinkle

So basically a women’s room. I imagine most women would be in and out as quickly as possible though to avoid any awkwardness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Morgotha

I bet the men hurried in and out of there two as they probably felt like they were encroaching on the women's turf. LOL, lawyers. They probably did that to hopefully drum up a lawsuit. If they OWNED the building it was probably done to control costs.

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I think Sharpie is high right now. Maybe I'm wrong. lol

19. Sharpie61

Very wrong. But I have to wonder about you right now.

The truth is out there

20. Morgotha

Horses taking drugs. What's next? Cows on crack? In any event, the rules of horseracing say that the winner of the race will (or could be) changed, but the betting stays as-is. That sounds like a green light for the mob to dope horses as they want the money, not "their" horse to win, per se. Pretty sad.

"
    The horse racing world was recently rocked when it was announced that the winner of this year’s Kentucky Derby had tested positive for steroids and may be disqualified. While the horse’s owner denies any wrongdoing, it’s unclear what horse will be named the winner of the race in the long term.

Unfortunately, for gamblers, there isn’t any question at all about what will happen.

When it comes to betting on horse races, once the betting results are determined to be final, that cannot be changed regardless of mistakes by the track or appeal, the Courier-Journal reports. Bob Heleringer, author of "Equine Regulatory Law," told the news outlet this is one of "the most irrevocable standards in racing.""

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifesty...it-in-kentucky-derby-after-positive-drug-test