Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

2. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Why would the bats need to be live? The fish and chicken are dead b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DeadZedHead

Im just saying neither side has any proof that it was/wasn’t leaked but people are more likely to believe the news of whatever side their on. Im not on either side. There are a lot of possibilities. A leak is one but unless they come up with something, im not trusting the news outlets or China that i keep catching spreading misinformation. As far as Hannity, i wont believe one build a bear, but if 17 come out and Access Hollywood releases a confession, im not letting him near my Teddy Ruxpin.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. DeadZedHead

The “Original” L strain is not the original from animal source. Its just the earliest confirmed Human cases. We dont know how many mutations there were since FIRST human contraction. If they ate the first bat/bats that carried the mutation to infect humans, we will never have an intermediary sample. Similar but not the same.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Because the Wuhan virus isn't spread by contact, but by breathing. An infected bat breathing in an enclosed space near someone - reasonably likely source IF bats were shown to have this strain of virus, which they haven't been. Catching the disease from touching a frozen bat? Highly unlikely.

7. Morgotha

O.k., Lin Chou Xi, I believe you. You're as objective as the eyepiece of a microscope.

On Hannity, let me tell you something. If even a single "build a bear" gets up and says it was molested by Hannity? :eek: I'd believe it!

#3547 Morgotha, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  8. Morgotha

Hey Lee, do you think you'll be saving your salary, or will you be doing something foolish but fun like buying a new Hongqi?

9. DeadZedHead

First article
    “Q: Wuhan health officials linked a large cluster of cases to the Huanan seafood market and closed it on 1 January. The assumption was that a virus had jumped to humans from an animal sold and possibly butchered at the market. But in your paper in NEJM, which included a retrospective look for cases, you reported that four of the five earliest infected people had no links to the seafood market. Do you think the seafood market was a likely place of origin, or is it a distraction—an amplifying factor but not the original source?

A: That’s a very good question. You are working like a detective. From the very beginning, everybody thought the origin was the market. Now, I think the market could be the initial place, or it could be a place where the virus was amplified. So that’s a scientific question. There are two possibilities.”

Pretty much what ive been saying. Not necessarily the first case, just the first super spreader.

Second article
    “ "This is an animal-origin virus that made the leap, maybe from bats to humans, maybe through… another animal, maybe through livestock. And we don't have the data yet to know where or how," he said. "That takes time. The study that really definitively showed the bats that SARS came from was published in 2017," roughly 15 years after the outbreak first occurred.”

It takes time to definitively prove origin

The third article was the most interesting seeing as it involved quotes from an actual virologist who was actually working with corona viruses, at the actual lab, in the time frame of the Wuhan outbreak. However it brings my point back to of course scientists working in a lab were studying viruses. Thats what these labs do. If the lab was opened to study viruses, why would it be a shock that they are studying viruses? He specifically says the work on multiple Corona viruses is to develop a vaccine. They also mention that the work was being done in cooperation with a lab in the US. Does that make it an America virus as well? Did the the US develop this mutation. If there is a connection to US involvement, nobody seems to be interested in it. People are picking and choosing the tidbits they feel relevant to supporting the decision they already made. I dont see anything in these articles that make any definitive claims. In fact all of them simply say hey were not sure. The third paints a picture but comes short of claiming proof. Just suspicion. Time will tell. But i still have little faith in outlets that sprinkled this conspiracy theory in with multiple other conspiracy theories and misinformation.

10. DeadZedHead

If you cough and it lands on a handrail, is someone sucking on the handrail to contract it? We sanitize surfaces because of cross contamination. I cough on handrail, you touch handrail then pick you nose, you have my handrail cough up your nose. Salmonella can be contracted from eating under cooked contaminated food. There are multiple paths. Breathing in infected air is only one.

11. Morgotha

My prior kidding aside, covid doesn't seem to spread by contact with surfaces, and doesn't seem to spread through food. Here's a short article on it. In any event, the "frozen bat" idea is likely a non-starter.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/how-long-covid-19-lives-on-surfaces

That being said... *other things* DO spread from infected surfaces, so handwashing is still a very good thing to practice all the time even if it won't decrease your chance of getting covid.

12. DeadZedHead

Ya 1 in 10,000 is pretty low. I hadn’t seen that yet. They have mentioned some people over cleaning. This doesn’t mention contaminated food fresh or frozen. Only takeout (cooked) and produce (usually separate from frozen meats). They were shutting down meat packing plants last year, so did they conclude that meat cant carry it? Or is this another case like saying kids cant get it because they were a small portion of exposed humans?

13. Morgotha

I think the reason there was spread of disease in the packing plants is that the workers there stand shoulder to shoulder indoors for 8 hours at a time! Personally, I doubt it had anything to do with the meat at all, although I'm open to correction if someone knows more than I.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DeadZedHead

That was early. They closed down any business that had an outbreak but they recalled the meat. It might have been an over abundance of caution or simply not knowing if it was transmissible through raw meat at that time. I haven’t heard any clarification either way on food safety. Food can carry both bacteria and viruses. Thats why they need to be cooked thoroughly.

15. DeadZedHead

[​IMG]

I tried to find a Chinese man bowing. I.... I...... Just..... have no idea WTF this is.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. DeadZedHead

Are they really trying to sell white people a car called Honky?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think it’s a valid question of whether or not food can be contaminated with COVID. I have to agree with Mo that the main source of contagion in meat processing plants was due to the close proximity of the workers inhaling respiratory particulates. If someone who tested positive for the virus sneezed on the meat how long it would remain viable on that surface is questionable.

It’s true that inanimate objects are key in the spread of viruses such as door knobs, light switches, and any hard surface that multiple people touch. Contaminated food can also spread bacteria and viruses but that’s usually by the fecal-oral route of contaminated water or workers who have not washed their hands while handling the food, etc. With meat however, most people wouldn’t be eating it raw so the heat from cooking would most certainly kill it. I think Zed hit the nail on the head that an over abundance of caution with a new virus caused any meat recalls early on. There doesn’t seem to be much concern about food contamination now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Morgotha

Oh, I agree. At the time people didn't really know how covid was transmitted so they were reacting to what things looked like at the time. I've got no problem with them shutting down what they honestly thought were risks.

19. Morgotha

You probably don't want to...

20. Morgotha

Apparently it's the Rolls Royce of China. LOL, one has to wonder, though, what corners they cut building it.