Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well then, to use your constant message (and Baretta’s? Lol)
    “If you can’t do the time, then don’t do the crime”. If they don’t want it on their record, visitors best follow the rules or skip sight seeing at the Capitol.

Personally, I would arrest Congress people too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree completely! Only an idiot would show up and refuse to wear a mask in that situation, and I'm including in the "idiot" category people who want to be arrested as some sort of "statement".

3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

My stepson who is 20 now held something up when he was 12-13. “Whats this”. I said “a tape”. Blank stare. “An audio tape.” Stares at tape. “It has music on it.” Touches brown tape. “How?!” “The same way as a VHS.” Digs out a VHS. “This doesn’t have the brown tape”. I lift the flap. It blew his mind. He couldn’t comprehend the technology behind magnetic tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeadZedHead

So you finally agree Rand Paul is an idiot?

5. Morgotha

If he falls in to either of the above groups, then in this regard he definitely is.

6. Morgotha

So Biden is letting the renters' eviction ban expire. Apparently, from his administration's perspective if the SC overturns whatever policy extension he comes up with their future power to do things may be compromised as well. So... for the renters who have been coasting without paying, time to get a job.

Oh, and the REALLY shocking part? AOC is blaming her fellow Democrats, not the Republicans for this happening.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Anger and frustration mounted in Congress over the weekend as a nationwide eviction moratorium expired during a surge in the COVID-19 pandemic. One Democratic lawmaker even camped outside the Capitol in protest as millions of Americans faced being forced from their homes.

Lawmakers said they were blindsided by President Joe Biden’s inaction as the midnight Saturday deadline neared, some furious that he called on Congress to provide a last-minute solution to protect renters. The rare division between the president and his party carried potential lasting political ramifications.

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday that Democrats have to “call a spade a spade” after the deadline expired.

“We cannot in good faith blame the Republican Party when House Democrats have a majority,” the progressive congresswoman said on CNN's "State of the Union."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-eviction-ban-to-expire/ar-AAMOIGb?li=BBnb7Kz

7. DeadZedHead

Exactly, I think getting people to go back to work was the motivation. A lot of places still cant open for lack of staff.

8. Morgotha

You see that in the places around here. The two Jimmy John's places just shut down completely, and several of the fast food restaurants are drive-through only because they don't have the staff to do anything else. The local body shop has quit detailing cars because they don't have the workers to do so any more. What really shocked me was when I went in to my favorite gas station and they had a sign up saying they were paying a $500 sign on bonus for workers! I know I've never seen THAT before!

I really feel for the owners of these small businesses, most of whom are individuals who have sunk their life's savings in to them. It's a cruel blow to be taken down like this.

9. Morgotha

So Cuomo is a sexual harasser who has *broken federal and state laws* in this regard, so says the NY Attorney General. Will the Democratic machine be able to suppress any criminal prosecution and keep him in office? Probably.

"
    NEW YORK (AP) — An investigation found that Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women inside and outside state government and worked to retaliate against one of his accusers, New York’s attorney general announced Tuesday in a finding that is certain to renew calls for the Democrat's resignation or impeachment.

The nearly five-month investigation, conducted by two outside lawyers who spoke to 179 people, found that the Cuomo administration was a “hostile work environment” and that it was “rife with fear and intimidation.”

People interviewed included complainants, current and former members of the executive chamber, State troopers, additional state employees and others who interacted regularly with the governor.

“These interviews and pieces of evidence revealed a deeply disturbing yet clear picture: Gov. Cuomo sexually harassed current and former state employees in violation of federal and state laws," New York Attorney General Letitia James said at a press conference on Tuesday."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...tiple-women-probe-finds/ar-AAMTsgQ?li=BBnb7Kz

10. purriwinkle

What an object lesson for all men, especially those in positions of power. Even if you do your job and are effective as an administrator you better get with the times when dealing with women who are working with you. It’s not the fifties anymore and don’t think the rules don’t apply to you. You may think what you say and do is harmless but women may have a different perception.

11. Morgotha

-Harvey Weinstein

Sounds like a direct quote.

Hopefully the criminal pervert Cuomo ends up out of office and residing in jail.

12. purriwinkle

Who cares who said it, it’s true.

I read about this when it fist came out this morning and I believe Ms.James said these weren’t criminal actions, but civil like I imagine the accusation of touching someone’s back at a wedding, but I think he won’t be running for Governor again. Wait for the apology and possible civil suits.

13. Morgotha

I don't think he really said that, but he could have. I was trying to say I disagreed with your defense of Cuomo.

"James made clear that the investigation was civil in nature and that there are no criminal consequences from their report. The incident in which Cuomo allegedly groped a staffer's breast was brought to the attention of the Albany Police."

James' probe was civil, not criminal in nature. Cuomo's criminal conduct was turned over to the police for investigation. Relax. Cuomo's been doing this a long time, I'm sure he'll pay off the appropriate people and continue on his merry way.

It is hard to believe, though. She stated in her role as AG for the State of NY that Cuomo broke the law in his level of harassing people, but she is NOT going to bring charges against him for breaking said law? Why not? Maybe she's getting the back-room deal to become NY's next governor.

14. purriwinkle

First off, I’m not defending him but it seems like a disproportion number of older men get caught up in this sort of thing. Sad.

Like I said, wait for the apology. Everyone loves a “repentant sinner” who will publicly put on the hair shirt, lol.

If he’s out there are those in NY who will see this as an opportunity to push for a more progressive Governor to take his place.

15. Morgotha

Oh. Yeah, I agree, to some degree it's an age-related offense, especially the entitled aspect of it. To some degree.

I doubt he'll apologize, although he may spout some non-apology to try and appease people without admitting doing anything wrong. He's cut from the same cloth as Trump in that.

Yeah, an effectively one party system is weird. At least with Dem/Rep fights you know who's on what side. Here? Who knows?

16. purriwinkle

Well, I called it wrong. No blanket mea culpa from Andy. He’s taking a page from the Trump handbook, as Mo said, and doubling down claiming he’s innocent. This is going to be interesting.

17. DeadZedHead

https://apple.news/Aljiecop_RcOZNFtOsO3JcA

Biden is calling for him to resign. If it was a Republican, trump would have called the women ugly, lying, attention whores with political agendas.

18. purriwinkle

Ya know, it’s funny. Most NYers feel he did a good job on handling the pandemic (minus the nursing home bro ha ha), and he’s had fairly decent ratings during his tenure. What he’s accused of isn’t drug and rape like Cosby, or actually grabbing crotches like Trump claimed he could do or even Weinstein nekkie shit but some of it’s inexplicable. Allowing and perhaps creating a toxic work environment is the most puzzling to me. He should have known better and that’s on him. He also should have been aware about the necessity of not touching your subordinates…anywhere. The kissing, since he does it with everyone is probably something he never thought about.

We had an interesting incident when he came to our city to tour flood damage to some lake side homes that had occurred due to fluctuating Great Lake levels. He was greeting homeowners with kisses. Everything was out in the open, in full public view. This one woman later said he kissed her without her permission but when you view the footage of the day, she was smiling and posing with him. Her son was taking video of the visit to boot. So what’s that about?

I wish he hadn’t been so quick to rebut the findings of the report. He should have taken a day to perhaps take everything into account before he spoke. Fellow Democratic politicians can’t support him now. If politics is a chess match, sometimes it’s check mate, but we’ll have to keep tuned on this one. Maybe he’s been advised he can survive an impeachment process.

19. Morgotha

Well, he's NOT a Republican, is he? We'll see whether his fellow Dems really want him out and force him out, or whether they are just giving lip service for the cameras and at the end of the day look the other way. I'd bet on the latter, given this man wasn't forced out:

[​IMG]

20. Morgotha

The truly in public social kissing doesn't bother me, that's a part of some people's personality and culture. However, one woman said he put his hand under her blouse and grabbed her breast directly, that's not just a social kiss in public, and by anyone's standard that should be unacceptable. Same with his butt-grabbing, IMO. And btw Trump isn't accused of *actually* molesting anyone in office regardless of his prior "bragging" about what he could do in the Democratic enclave of Hollywood.