Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

3. Sharpie61

4. Sharpie61

5. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

A new football record has been set. Justin Tucker, the kicker for the Baltimore Ravens, kicked a 66 yd. field goal - a league record - and more importantly, his team was down a point to the Detriot Lions as the clock expired meaning that this record-setting field goal won them the game! LOL, the ball actually bounced off the crossbar of the posts before going in, but it went in. I'm sure the Lions weren't happy, but the Ravens and their fans sure were!

What's amazing is that the ball went through almost the center of the goal, meaning even kicking as hard as he could his control of where the ball went was excellent as well. That has to be the football equivalent of a hole-in-one.

Also, it seems that 8 years ago the same kicker won a game against the Lions with a 61 yd. field goal (also impressive), so die hard fans must really be cursing his name in Detroit right now. Anyway, good job!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...game-winning-field-goal/ar-AAORBLo?li=BBnb7Kz

6. Morgotha

So this criminal punched a young woman in the face and attempted to rape her on a college campus. Luckily, she fought him off, and a couple of guys helped chase the suspect, although he got away. I'm happy to see that she's o.k. and that some people are still willing to help someone in need.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that the attempted rapist was wearing a shirt with Obama's picture on it! How odd is that? I doubt if Obama would approve of his actions, and I really can't see him looking at this guy and saying, "if I had a son...". Was he wearing this shirt because he believes in what Obama says, but still acts this way? Was the shirt a gift? Just something that fit? It just seems bizarre, like if you saw a video of someone wearing a MAGA hat while working for Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chapman-university-california-sexual-assault-campus

7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

https://apple.news/A6DB5mMV0RBGUT5A_vk-_nw

Missing drunk man was found safe... in his own search party. After hours of “helping”, someone called out his name. He asked “ who are we looking for? I am here!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Morgotha

I don't understand how this isn't illegal, as the person is definitely repeatedly terrorizing their neighbors. Also, now that this is national news, you'd think a kindly terrorist group like BLM would show up and burn the offenders house down or something. I wonder why there hasn't been a riot here yet?

"
    "We noticed a little erratic behavior like these blinking lights that are on a sensor. When my family or any other family leaves or returns to their homes, they all start to blink," Martinez said. "When the sensors are activated, loud music begins to play. He switches the music based on the family that is activating the music."

Martinez added that there are multiple cameras on his house.

"We are all on surveillance 24/7 with cameras in every direction of his home," she said.

Most recently, Martinez said, the music switched to monkey sounds.

"My husband parked his truck on the street in front of his house, which is city property, and instead of music, he started playing monkey noises," Martinez said.

Martinez says the neighbor plays the monkey noises whenever they arrive or depart their home."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...t-criminally-actionable/ar-AAOWztW?li=BBnbfcL

9. DeadZedHead

10. DeadZedHead

I guess if everything is on his property and he isn’t violating noise ordinances. They cant do anything.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don’t know how long this weirdo has been in the house but someone who knows him ought to tell him to can it and get a life. Surely this family can’t be the only ones who are bothered by blinking lights and loud music.

If the police can’t do anything maybe they should have someone rig something up that every time they leave or come back to the house rap music (or bag pipes, I could go either way) plays at a level that drowns out his monkey noises until they are on their way down the street.

* I wanted to clarify that I suggested Rap because the guy is obviously prejudiced so I think that would be really sweet. Bagpipes, although I love to listen to them myself, can be an acquired taste for others. Nevertheless, I imagine their sound would easily cover up any animal noises. In the end it really doesn’t matter what music or noise you decide on. The idea is not necessarily that the offensive neighbor hears what you play only that you can’t hear what he plays.

#6611 purriwinkle, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  12. Morgotha

I'd think that aiming a light at someone would be illegal, as it's illegal to point a laser at a plane, etc. Even in a home it could impair your ability to drive a car safely. If not, the victim could try aiming floodlights at the offender's house and leaving them on all night long. Not being able to sleep might change his mind. Also, one could buy some old junk car, paint it with whatever non illegal sayings one wanted and park it on the street right in front of the guy's house.

Two can play the same game, the trouble is most normal people don't WANT to do that to someone else and would feel bad about it.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

What I would do is gather the evidence. Make videos of the lights, noises, music etc. Document everything. Talk to other neighbors. Then file a civil suit. Maybe even others will join in with them. The minute they retaliate then they just become part of the problem. The only way to hurt these mentally ill people is to take them to court.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. DeadZedHead

I think thats their best bet. I think it said he did this to multiple neighbors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Morgotha

So there's a 96 year-old woman who for now is apparently evading authorities in Germany prior to being tried for war crimes in the former Nazi Germany. She was an 18 year-old stenographer for an officer at a concentration camp at the time.

Leaving off for a minute the issue of her culpability and whether or not she deserves to be imprisoned or hung for war crimes, I've got to say it's pretty impressive that a 96 year-old woman can elude the German police force! You go granny! I wonder what she's doing to escape. Is she's using a disguise and working as a dancer in a cabaret? Did she put on her running shoes and is now dodging under hedges and swimming across fast moving rivers in the dead of night? What is she doing?

And on a related note, how many 96 year-old women ARE there, and how many of them are still spry enough to "run" away? It's hard to believe she'd be difficult for a competent police force to find.

"
    A former secretary for the SS commander of the Stutthof concentration camp was being sought on an arrest warrant Thursday after skipping the planned start of her trial in Germany on more than 11,000 counts of accessory to murder, officials said.

The 96-year-old woman left the home where she lives in a taxi on Thursday morning, heading for a subway station on the outskirts of Hamburg, German news agency dpa quoted Itzehoe state court spokeswoman Frederike Milhoffer as saying. Her destination wasn't known.

Presiding judge Dominik Gross said the court had issued an arrest warrant, and it remained to be seen whether she would be caught."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/former-nazi-camp-secretary-german-trial-on-run

#6615 Morgotha, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  16. purriwinkle

Of course a civil lawsuit would be the next best course of action.
    Gathering the needed documentation for court ought to be a breeze. I would imagine that this would be pursued in small claims court so as not to incur attorney fees unless after making the situation public with the news story, an attorney would step forward to handle the case pro bono. Legal counsel should be sought at any rate as proving there was actual pain and suffering might be hard to prove as both the police and City Attorney have more or less signed off.

I can tell you guys have never been in such a situation, lol. People respond in kind all the time. That’s why someone in a lower apt. will bang on the ceiling if the tenants above them are making too much noise for example.

In the interim, why does the family have to continue to listen to this guy’s noise? Have everyone wear ear buds or head phones to block the outside noises then if you don’t like the idea of their playing their own selections. As was suggested, they really should try to talk to the neighbors to get a sense of how they feel about the situation, cause it’s not just noise but a security problem as his musical selections for each family is an announcement that they are leaving their home…..and when they’re returning. I would think it’s a great invitation for a burglar. Together perhaps they can think of some clever way to settle his hash, legally, if the law won’t do anything. They’ve already done the next best thing by making the situation public via the new outlet which could bring some pressure to bear on the guy.

*Remember, this guy might not respond to a summons to civil court. The judge could rule against him in his absence and it would follow him on his records for seven years but would that get him to stop? He sounds like he’s not all there upstairs.

#6616 purriwinkle, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  17. Morgotha

The part that gets me is that this looks like a nice neighborhood. How could someone with a screw loose afford a house there? It wouldn't surprise me if it's someone whose parent had died and left them the house, but otoh, maybe he's an angry and paranoid but otherwise sane man who is just a bad guy.

I can see someone banging on the ceiling if their upstairs neighbor is making too much noise, but would bet that most of the time the upstairs neighbor doesn't know they are being noisy, or at worst knows they are loud but don't care. I'd bet VERY few cases are where the upstairs neighbor is generally quiet but deliberately starts being noisy when the downstairs neighbor comes home with their only intent being irritating their downstairs neighbor. That's the sign of a really malignant person!

The other thing is the first man's house isn't soundproof, either, so the guy playing the noises must be hearing it, too. One would think that would get old.

Oh, one other thing one could do as an active defense would be to set up something that moves like a motorized halloween decoration on their lawn so that during the day when you aren't home it keeps setting off his lights and noises things and makes HIM listen to them all day even when you weren't there. He might just get tired of hearing them all day and turn them off himself.

18. Morgotha

From the "Drugs aren't that bad" and or the "drugs are a victimless crime" dept.: This woman used to be hooked on crack, and in 2005 looked like the picture on the left. Now, 16 years later and sober since 2012 she has raised/is raising three children, is employed, and now at 48 years old has graduated from college. Good job getting your life back!

Her story is very... *moving* is the only way to describe it. Her own mother started her on drugs when she was seven years old, and after living what must have been years of Hell managed to turn her life around. What inner strength that must have taken! If she can overcome a life like that, how hard can overcoming my daily issues be?

[​IMG]

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/drug-addict-graduates-college-before-after-recovery

• Like Like x 1
  19. purriwinkle

The article stated that he had everything on sensors, which means that shit could be going on and off even while he isn’t home to listen to it himself. I like your idea of trying to “over run” his sensors by having some sort of motion going on continuously in or near everyone’s driveway that he has targeted. I don’t know how that would work but that’s what I’m talking about, lol.

*what your article fails to mention is that this is a military family. Both the husband and wife are veterans.

Martinez told WAVY that the authorities say there is nothing they can do unless lines are crossed. Those “lines” include phrases like “bodily harm” or “threats to my family,” and she wants to know why something cannot be done before it reaches that point. “People shouldn’t have to live like this. I spent 11 years in the military, my husband is also a vet, we fought for this country and yet there is no one to fight for us.”
    (WAVY is a NBC news affiliate)

This is really a sad situation but apparently the family does have support.

#6619 purriwinkle, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Sharpie61

She was caught

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/30/europe/german-96-year-old-nazi-intl-grm/index.html

The truth is out there

• Useful Useful x 1