Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Apparently its a little known concept called supply and demand. Like all industries, supply is strained due to worker shortages and demand is up due to people traveling again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So when Trump was president before covid and the whole world was going full steam gas prices were lower than they are now. And now with the economy not yet back to where it was gas prices are >25% higher than they were during Trump's presidency? That doesn't seem like only a supply/demand issue to me, if it was, why weren't gas prices higher previously?

On "let's go Brandon", I've listened to 4 years of Trump being called the orange (whatever), rump, etc., and put up with it. Now it's Biden's turn, and he can put up with it, too. Given what he's doing to the country, he actually *deserves* it.

LOL, the new funny about Biden is how he's having the taxpayer build an almost $500,000 fence around his delaware house for his protection. So.... walls don't work for the border, but for HIS house? Walls are great! Stuff like that is where "let's go Brandon" comes in. Even Trump didn't use taxpayer money to build walls around his properties!

4. Sharpie61

I guess I’m just surprised that you would lower yourself to that level. You seem a bit more intelligent than the Trumplicans.

And as far as people calling Trump orange, even you should be able to see, that his spray tan makes his skin look that color.

The truth is out there

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

And she doesn’t acknowledge what the Forbes writer was saying about how gas prices have very little to do with who’s president in the short term. DecIsions Biden makes now won’t effect gas prices until years down the road. Not immediately.

There’s also something called the COVID pandemic that threw a monkey wrench into the economy that wasn’t handled very well by the last administration. Like those gas prices we now have to deal with the repercussions down the line.

#3565 purriwinkle, Oct 24, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  6. Morgotha

Meh, that's what the new standard of discourse is these days. We live in a time when activists charge after a Senator in a bathroom (and film her) and the President doesn't even condemn them or ask for their prosecution. When in Rome, and all that.

7. Morgotha

Oh, please. Biden's administration WANTS high gas prices! They WANT you not to drive your gas-guzzling car and causing climate change. Trump would not have wanted to see this and would have tried to do something to bring them down. That's the difference an administration brings.

8. Sharpie61

I know exactly what you mean.

We are in pretty bad shape, when a sitting congresswoman can verbally attack a minor because he survived a mass school shooting.
    Or when another uses their inside info, to make a killing in the stock market.
    When another congresswoman gives away the location of our speaker, while they were under attack.
    And when the losing side of the 2020 election can invoke an insurrection, where people have died….. yeah, our country is in bad shape.

The truth is out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Morgotha

What is the first incident you refer to?

On that second one are you talking about Pelosi? I really didn't expect to see that!

I assume the last two are about the peaceful protest at the Capitol.

10. Sharpie61

1st: Marge Greene verbally attacked a Parkland student, who survived the shooting and went to congress to ask for better background checks. She chased him down a street in DC.

2nd: was that woman senator Loeffler, who got caught doing insider trading.

3: was Boebart texting to a disposable phone number, that Pelosi was removed from the floor.
    4: I hope you aren’t serious

The truth is out there

11. Morgotha

Marjorie Greene is crazy. In a rational country she wouldn't even be in office, and I don't think her actions are representative of anything but her. I assume she was yelling at the student Hogg, a Greta Thurnburg of school shootings. Arguing with an activist is not the same thing as "verbally attacking a student", but in Greene's case... it wouldn't surprise me at all if she was the one at fault, LOL!

I'm surprised about Loeffler. Congress has "wisely" exempted themselves from most insider trading laws, she's got to be pretty stupid to get caught over the line.

3. Rep. Boebart didn't text to some hidden anonymous number, she posted on Twitter for everyone to see on her congressional account. She texted that she was locked in the chamber but the speaker was removed from the floor. She subsequently denied attempting to tell anyone Pelosi's location and has unequivocally renounced the actions of the Capitol protestors and called for them to be prosecuted. I'd give her a pass on this one on the assumption that she was afraid and did something perhaps unwise but without ill intent.

4. Ehhh, I don't like political prosecution. I think as much effort should have been made against the capitol protestors as was previously made against the BLM/Antifa protestors. What I see is the latter people being given a pass and the former being tacked to the wall. That goes against what I see as the fundamental fairness of America.

12. Morgotha

China and Russia have joined together to sail their fleets around Japan, making Japan nervous - with good reason.

"A joint Chinese and Russian naval exercise, in which a flotilla of 10 warships completed a near circle around Japan's main island, has been touted by the two countries as a means of ensuring stability in a volatile region.

But analysts say the drills are likely to have the opposite effect, potentially reigniting regional tensions and enhancing claims by the Japanese government that it needs to increase military spending to counter Chinese aggression."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...cle-japan-is-a-big-deal/ar-AAPVre7?li=BBnb7Kz

13. purriwinkle

Try reading the article again, you’ve missed the whole point of what the author had to say.

From the article:

The gist of the article is that there are few actions a president can take to impact gasoline prices in the short term. Those few actions historically have been 1). Release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve; 2). Increase gasoline taxes; or 3). Engage in a war in the Middle East.

Also…

If Keystone XL would reduce oil supplies in the future, why wouldn’t it impact oil prices today? Primarily because we don’t know the oil supply/demand picture at the time Keystone XL would have been completed. The oil markets react to moves by OPEC that quickly impact oil supplies, not to actions that may impact oil supplies in the long run — at a time we don’t know what oil demand will be.

He tries to explain, that no matter what the actions taken by a president are, towards whatever end, the results will be felt years down the road not immediately.

He also says that gasoline prices are dependent on oil prices which depends on many things.

I found this interesting:

One major irony is that if you are a supporter of the U.S. oil industry, you should cheer higher oil prices. Low oil prices in recent years drove many producers out of business. Indeed, under President Trump, the share prices of oil producers languished. Again, I am not blaming him for this. It’s a function of the macro factors that influenced oil prices.

Associating higher gasoline prices now with anything that Biden has done is a baseless conservative talking point.

As for all electric cars costing more to run than gasoline driven autos at this time is to be expected. The infrastructure for easily accessible charging stations isn’t there yet but could be in a few years. Right now, my sister-in-law is pleased with her hybrid Prius. Baby steps.

14. purriwinkle

I don’t remember any BLM protesters storming the Capitol. It might be more comparable to the 1954 storming of the Capitol by armed Puerto Rican nationals, numbers notwithstanding.

https://timeline.com/in-1954-these-...started-shooting-u-s-congressmen-7e7018283865

And don’t tell me there were no arms present during the Jan. 6th attack.

From PolitiFact:

Many of those involved in the attack were armed, and several had guns that police later seized. The event was far from a lovefest: Five people died, including a Capitol Police officer, and more than 140 officers were injured in the day’s events. Video evidence shows both police officers and rioters being injured in the brawls. Rioters called for hanging then-Vice President Mike Pence and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Damage to the Capitol is estimated at $1.5 million and included ransacked offices, broken windows and doors, broken and stolen photography equipment, ruined statues, murals and furniture. A pending security funding bill provides dollars to cover related expenses, including tightened security and trauma counseling.

PolitiFact reviewed the case files of approximately 430 defendants who were arrested and charged for their actions at the Capitol. We found several defendants who police say were found to have brought firearms with them. Some were charged with having firearms on Capitol grounds, while others stashed them away while in Washington.

Maybe the current Insurrectionists should receive similar sentences to what those Puerto Rican nationals got. Just a thought.

#3574 purriwinkle, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  15. Morgotha

I disagree with what the author is saying. If there's a problem with oil elsewhere in the world, the price of gas increases *that day*. Why? The oil from those other countries won't even get here for *months*. Some of the price of today's gas is what the actual cost is, and some of the price is based on what the anticipated cost will be tomorrow. Therefore, if a president goes out and day one signs a bunch of anti-oil executive orders (like Biden did) it's entirely reasonable to see that result in gas prices elevating 10 Months later.

On the electric cars, I don't foresee improvements in cost savings any time soon. California, for example is pushing electric cars and will be mandating them within the next decade. OTOH, they are NOT building any new electrical power plants as that isn't "green". They are already having periodic blackouts, which I haven't seen since the 1970's.

So on your supply and demand idea, if that's what it's like now, what do you think will happen to the price of electricity when 100% of vehicles (and small engines, given Calif's new ban) instead of 5% depend on electricity and there are no new power plants to supply it? Sounds like a nightmare to me, and I doubt I'm the only one who can see the crash coming.

In part that's why I believe their actions are deliberate: the elected officials know the situation now and must know it'll only get worse and they are doing nothing about it. They WANT it to get worse, for what reason, I can't say.

16. Sharpie61

Because, the man who has worked 25 years in the industry, doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The truth is out there

17. Morgotha

He is well-educated and has his opinion. That doesn't mean it's the *correct* opinion. Here's an article showing exactly the opposite. They point out that the reality is Saudi Arabia controls the price of gas to a good degree, and by deliberately setting out to alienate them to appease our left wing gas prices would rise. Also, in trying to undo Trump's mideast accords and by freezing arms sales, etc., Biden showed he did not WANT to work with the oil producers the result would be higher gas prices.

This article was written back in March, and gas was $2.40 a gallon, up from the year before when it was $1.79 a gallon. They prediceted in March that gasoline might hit $3.00 a gallon because of Biden's attitude and actions towards the mideast. LOL! Would that we could go back to gas that cheap! Add in the real cost of inflation from Biden's give aways and the price is even higher than what you see at the pump (which is about $3.50 here, and was about $4.30-$4.50 in Calif).

Nope, people predicted Biden's policies would raise gas prices significantly *before* they actually did, even if some appeaser with a degree comes out and says he's not responsible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-gas-prices-soar-americans-can-blame-joe-biden/ar-BB1ehNtJ

18. DeadZedHead

Gas prices always go up immediately and go down slowly. If there is “concern” about supply issues issues, prices at the pump go up immediately. Then as time goes by, they continue to STAY high until well after the fluctuations have finished and stabilized at a lower price per barrel. Its a scam they have always done.

19. DeadZedHead

Crude isa world market. Did trump make any exclusive deals for special pricing? I dont know. If he didn’t, we were paying global pricing then and now.

20. Morgotha

You should read the article.