Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 1107 - Promises Broken' started by Sharpie61, Oct 3, 2021.

1. walkon

walkon Active Member

I wondered about Gabriel lying to Maggie about the priest. At the time I thought that maybe there was a struggle going on inside him against killing another ' man of the cloth' but then I thought that the writers wouldn't waste their time on that to ignore a juicer scene . . Perhaps a death scene for Gabriel.

I never liked the Commonwealth or earlier Alexandria for that matter. . .too boring. How can you trust a guy with a goofy smile like that and a Baptist boy haircut. Hey fella, don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining. I don't trust him or Negan. . Nope.

I just hope we don't get some cheesy scene at the end with Judith and JR dying and the spirit bodies od Machone and Rick meeting up with them and all walking off as one big happy family into the sunset.

All said, I have very enjoyed TWD series inspite of all my grumbles.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have watched the first 8 episodes. For the first time since season 1 I have not watched them immediately upon being available. Took me 2 weeks to watch the season premier. Why? There is no longer any one character that is my "ride or die". Rick is gone. Jesus is gone. Michonne is gone. The characters I do like more than average get little to no screen time.

So here is my take on the first 8 episodes:

Daryl and whatever it is he does - bleh

Connie is back - YAY!!

Negan and Maggie - their dynamic is actually the most interesting of this season.

Reapers? - snooze

Commonwealth - double snooze. CRM is far more interesting and layered

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I need to catch up. I’m about 5 episodes behind. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Good to see you’re still around though, Pepper Ann! Let us know what you’ve thought of the proceedings when you’ve caught up! Five episodes behind, you say?

[​IMG]

5. BlackBird

It’s good to hear from you Dnae! Pity you’re not really enjoying this season. I do get the Rick and Michonne shaped holes in the show though, and they really screwed up by mishandling the writing (non-writing) for Jesus. He should still be here with us, by Aaron’s side. What a dynamic brilliant couple they’d be, and Aaron would be so much more fun for it too.

The show’s really depending on fans to still care about the remaining characters, and with some of the best gone - combined with the fatigue of 11 seasons - it’s no wonder viewers are dropping off. But it’s good you’re still invested enough to see the show out in its final season.

I’m sorry though that Daryl is still not getting anywhere in your affections, I thought he had a very interesting story ark this season and in the mid season finale he was just amazing. That’s a discussion for the next episode thread though.

I have to agree on the Reapers/CW though.

The initially brilliantly written Negan/Maggie tension got a little grating in the middle of the proceedings for me (especially in the episode when they’re leaving Alden behind) but after that they’ve made it very compelling again. I agree it’s been one of the best things in 11A.

For me though Daryl’s predicament and how he’s handled it was the greatest highlight, along with Connie’s spectacular return.

6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

It will honestly be interesting to see if enough people will even still care about this franchise once season 11 is over to even bother going through with making any of the supposed spinoffs they announced. Daryl and Carol will be the stars of what seems to be the main sequel to this series yet they are still in this show and aren't able to hold viewers interest enough to even bother watching through to the end of the final season.

I honestly think that taking about a decade off and then doing a reboot of the franchise might be the smarter move then continuing to run this current rendition of TWD into the ground.

7. BlackBird

TWD has been dragged out way too much as it is, now the pandemic has stretched things out even further… I don’t really think it’s a great idea to have any spin-offs and movies. They should just tie up all the loose ends and wrap up the whole franchise.
    (I don’t actually watch anything within it besides the main show.)
    Having said that, if they will continue Daryl’s story, and make the Rick movies and bring Michonne back… I will watch for sure. Won’t you?

8. lastcat3

I haven't watched since about Ep. 2. Am recording them but not real sure at this point if I will go back and watch any of them.

The Daryl and Carol show probably will end up happening but will likely be about as cheaply produced as World Beyond is. I think there is virtually about a 0 percent chance the movies will happen at this point. What point is there in making a movie about a product that only has a little over a million people watching it anymore and gets very little buzz.

Making a movie about that is pretty much assured of flopping.

9. BlackBird

I agree with you on the movie’s prospects, though they are adamant it’s still happening. I wish they just did some well made tv episodes instead to wind up Rick’s story.

You should catch up with S11, it’s been pretty good. It will be good to binge watch them without having to wait after the obligatory cliffhangers. :rolleyes:

10. lastcat3

Yeah I probably will once it is all over. To be honest though I am more interested now in following the Last of Us production. It looks absolutely fantastic so far and they have a lot more talent attached to it then TWD ever did. TWD wouldn't be in the shape it is now if HBO had taken it on.

11. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Just watched this episode, not sure what to think, the best scene is Maggie and Negan's interactions. I am beginning to warm up to Negan.