Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by surviving, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

So a former Miss America was told to put on a blouse before being allowed to fly, and she borrowed her boyfriend's hoodie to board the plane. Well and good. LOL, here's the picture she posted to show how hard it was on him:

[​IMG]

What I want to know is how come there wasn't ONE reporter or other MSM type to say, "uh... you know, it's really a Federal regulation you wear a mask over your nose and mouth on a plane, and your boyfriend clearly isn't complying." Also, why hasn't the stewardess told him to mask up? That's her job. That's a bigger issue than the poor boy being cold from not having his hoodie.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebr...n-before-boarding-flight-to-mexico/ar-AASN97i

#4201 Morgotha, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That this situation even exists is because people will not get vaccinated. I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone working with patients in health fields would refuse thereby putting everyone around them in jeopardy. I say call in the senior nursing and medical students and the national guard to pick up the slack.

I would have to be in a life or death situation before it didn’t matter who was working on me otherwise I wouldn’t appreciate having non vaccinated personnel providing my health care if I knew their vaccine status. I wouldn’t trust them and would initiate a law suit if I contracted the disease while under their care if it was traced back to an unvaccinated worker.

Depending on the nature of whatever the proposed procedure is, accredited surgical centers not located in hospitals, urgent care and other such agencies might be able to do what’s required. Last time I needed an ambulatory surgical procedure I didn’t go to the hospital but an off site surgical center and received top notch care. Could be however that they might be short staffed as well.

Quite frankly, that’s why I resent most all unvaccinated individuals because they’ve created a “situation” for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sharpie61

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Prior to the pandemic there was occasional media attention placed on the anti-vaxxers. There was a measles outbreak in the northwest etc. But I always felt it was more on the fringe than we're seeing now.

I would've never guessed in 2020 that there would be this much resistance to the vaccine, and other simple precautions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeadZedHead

We had a president who was pretending to be anti-vax and actively convincing his followers to convert to anti-vax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morgotha

Move on. Worry about Biden not ordering enough tests NOW, a year after he's been in office. Worry about the overall direction the country is going when other countries are starting to drop mask mandates in favor of natural immunity. Heck, forget about covid, worry about why he wants to intervene in Ukraine after bailing out on Afghanistan. Worry about him shipping illegal aliens (who aren't vaccinated) around the country at night. Worry about how Biden's Inflation has taken away all of the salary gains that have been made in the past year, and how for some reason unemployment is INcreasing. Heck, worry about the price of gas doubling and stores being out of goods, worry about the country being more divided, not less, under his presidency, especially with him calling everyone who disagrees with him racists (bull connor, jefferson davis, etc.).

There's plenty to worry about *right now*, you don't have to keep having nightmares about Trump.

Let's go, Brandon.

Edit: Oops, how could I forget? Worry about skyrocketing crime rates.

9. DeadZedHead

Did you get a job at Fox news? What good are tests if the people spreading it most wont take them? Inflation isn’t Bidens fault. He inherited it from the covid D•••. As well as a divided nation. I agree he shouldn’t have pulled from Afghanistan for the same reason we cant turn a blind eye in Ukraine. America first doesnt mean America only. The rest of the world is playing by that rule for a reason. The least rump could have done was leave Putins lube behind (pun intended).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. purriwinkle

Neither is it Biden’s fault that people are too stupid to get vaccinated which results in a cascade of problems or that he’s stuck with sleeper Republican agents posing as Democratic senators mucking up his legislative agenda. Even with missteps he’s still better than Trump. At least he’s retrospective. It took Trump 4 years to f**k up the country. Reasonable people can’t expect it to turn around in one year when he gets little cooperation.

11. Morgotha

Tests are important as it lets people know who ARE a part of the program whether they should stay home or not. Remember that most of the places with the heaviest infection rates are Dem strongholds - it's not even a good joke to say that Trump supporters are the cause of their infections.

Why CAN'T we turn a blind eye in Ukraine? What vital American interest does it have to make it worth American lives?

12. Morgotha

So... telling illegal aliens to come on in is a GOOD policy? Allowing them to stay in the country - without even forcing them to be vaccinated - is a GOOD thing? Shutting down the keystone pipeline was a GOOD thing?

Nope, Trump might be nutty personally, but his policies overall were way better than Biden's handlers' policies.

13. Morgotha

An interesting covid update:

"
    Massachusetts’ Department of Public Health on Thursday—for the first time—made a distinction between COVID-19 patients hospitalized with "primary" and "incidental" cases.

Boston 25, citing the newly released data, reported that 49% of the state’s 3,187 patients-- hospitalized on Jan. 18--were there because of another matter and diagnosed with the virus once at the hospital.

Medical officials in the state made clear that they have no intention of diminishing the "incidental" cases-- pointing out that they will still require special care--but they hope the numbers will better reflect the virus' impact on the community"

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covi...zations-in-massachusetts-are-for-other-issues

14. purriwinkle

Here’s a little reading for you regarding your first statement.

https://www.cato.org/blog/bidens-border-policy-not-open-borders

Practically since his first week in office, President Joe Biden has faced repeated criticisms from Republicans and some Democrats that his border policy amounts to “open borders.” This criticism is not simply inaccurate: it is unhinged from reality in a way that distinguishes itself from normal political hyperbole. Indeed, U.S. immigration policy is effectively closed borders, and Biden’s immigration policies and goals are largely the same as those of President Donald Trump.

Under U.S. immigration law, it is illegal for anyone in the world to travel or immigrate to the United States unless they fall into very narrow exceptions. Like Alcohol Prohibition—which had exemptions for religious, medicinal, or industrial purposes—America’s immigration prohibition’s small exceptions are irrelevant for the vast majority of potential immigrants. Effectively, if they don’t qualify as a select few high skilled workers or family members of U.S. citizens, they can’t come legally.

President Biden has not suddenly ended America’s immigration prohibition and opened up U.S. borders to almost anyone who wants to come (as was largely America’s immigration policy from 1776 to 1924). Instead, he has far more vigorously enforced immigration prohibition than the law requires, narrowing the few exceptions to the universal ban on legal immigration.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...gration-policies-and-bidens-proposed-changes/

As for those covid vaccine requirements?

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/...tion/536-d1f56fcf-230c-4183-83e5-cc86c621fe95

The World Health Organization says vaccine mandates aren’t truly “compulsory,” meaning they don’t physically force individuals to get vaccinated against their will. A government might require vaccination as a condition for work or school, but it isn’t holding anyone down to vaccinate them. Individuals still have options and even exemptions for declining vaccination. American vaccine mandates don’t apply to individuals, including migrants, outside of the schools or workplaces the mandates specifically apply to.

ICE says it offers COVID-19 vaccines to all individuals detained in its detention centers and encourages them to take the vaccine. This is similar to other federal detention policies, such as the Federal Bureau of Prisons’ policy to offer vaccinations to inmates who “wish to receive it.”

According to ICE’s policy, it “cannot force individuals in detention to be vaccinated.”

However as of Oct.2021…

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/aler...required-for-immigration-medical-examinations

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/15/us/politics/us-immigrants-covid-vaccine-requirement.html

As for shutting down the Keystone Pipeline? We’ve discussed this before and my answer is still YES.

Not only is Trump nuttier, he’s being investigated over his criminal business dealings, not to mention his role in the Jan. 6th insurrection.

15. Sharpie61

The Keystone pipeline has not shut down. It has been operational since 2010.
    It was the northern part of the keystone xl that Biden nixed because TC Energy didn’t have the proper permits.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/what-keystone-pipeline

“The Keystone XL pipeline extension, proposed by TC Energy (then TransCanada) in 2008, was initially designed to transport the planet’s dirtiest fossil fuel, tar sands oil, to market—and fast. As an expansion of the company’s existing Keystone Pipeline System, which has been operating since 2010 (and continues to send Canadian tar sands crude oil from Alberta to various processing hubs in the middle of the United States),”

Here’s another fun filled fact about the keystone xl
    “Dirty energy lobbyists claimed developing tar sands would protect our national energy security and bring U.S. fuel prices down. But NRDC and its partners found the majority of Keystone XL oil would have been sent to markets overseas (aided by a 2015 reversal of a ban on crude oil exports)—and could have even led to higher prices at U.S. pumps.”

The truth is out there

16. Morgotha

On Biden's policy? There are written policies, and there's what's happening. Illegal aliens refer to Biden's policy as "la invitacion". You can write what you want on paper, but unless you enforce it, that means nothing. Just like when the DA's in L.A. say they have laws against crime -- but don't enforce them.

Beyond Biden’s la invitación, Antonio offered why he thought so many were now willing to pay top dollar for long, arduous wilderness slogs that, so short a time ago, were regarded as unattractive.

“There’s no one watching” on the American side, he offered.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Border-Crisis-Comes-OnceQuiet-part-West-Texas

On the pipeline, Right. Biden shut down a pipeline that would have brought in 830,000 barrels of oil a day from Canada to the U.S. Thanks to Biden, that's gone for good. We use about 20 million barrels per day (which to me seems like... a lot) but the point is this would have increased our supply by about 5%, that is ALSO *a lot*.

But, he shut it down and now is begging opec for oil. I fail to see how begging repressive regimes half-way around the world for oil rather than getting it from your closest neighbor is a good thing regardless of what the environmental nuts think.

#4216 Morgotha, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  17. purriwinkle

Gov. Abbott doesn’t seem to have a handle on the situation either and the National guard is taking the brunt. Texas in general is becoming a national embarrassment, IMO.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...er-plauged-by-complaints-suicides/6596952001/

or here if you can’t get the first link

https://apple.news/Ak9NCsz91Q7mFfjxfY4tTXw

As for the Keystone pipeline, try reading the article Sharpie posted. I stand with the environmentalists. Move on.

18. Morgotha

I wouldn't blame Abbott. He has several nations' worth of illegals all trying to cross the border at once. There's no way one state can be expected to deal with all of them. This is a Federal problem, and needs to be addressed with Federal personnel and troops. Thx for the second link, but unfortunately I couldn't read it either, just the opening paragraph or two.

Biden created this monster, it's his obligation to slay it.

19. Morgotha

Oops, on the Keystone, I was responding to Sharpie's article, I didn't mean to post it back to you, but the point is the same: shutting it down was harmful to the country, probably irreparably harmful.

20. Sharpie61

Again, the keystone is operational. It’s the northern part of the XL that was stopped.
    It was promised that it would provide thousands of jobs, but ended up being 35.
    Not to mention that the majority of the sludge oil was going to be shipped out of the country.
    How was shutting it down irreparable to our country?

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1