Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I understand your point. It's hard to believe he's *really* upset at the deaths of the elderly and defenseless, as in pursuit of his crime empire I'm sure he would have killed someone elderly and defenseless if they were in his way. Probably what it is is that he's seeing it from a "humanitarian" pov and not a mafia pov. For example, if Cuomo went up to him and said, "look amico, my business is the State, and these people were making it hard for me to run my business. They had to go, capiche?" Gravano probably would have understood his actions, but when seeing it from a citizen's pov it was incomprehensible (sort of what one of Gravano's victims must have thought about his criminal actions).

It's all perspective, I suppose.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Humanitarian mafiosi is an oxymoron, lol. Unless Gravano had a “come to Jesus” moment, :rolleyes:, it’s hard to imagine he cares much about anything unless it affects his bottom line. Then again, even a crime boss probably loves his mother.

3. Morgotha

It sounds like he and Cuomo are "sympatico", then. Well, except for Cuomo's relationship troubles. It's hard to think of a hardened gangster saying, "I'm SO lonely" as a pickup line... but then I don't know any mobsters, so maybe I'm wrong.

4. Morgotha

So former Gov. Northram is out in Virginia, and his successor is Gov. Younkin.

[​IMG]

Seeing his pic, the first thing I thought was, "this man needs a new hairstyle, it looks like Virginia got rid of Governor Blackface and replaced him with Governor Hitler. I was going to post a pic of H to demonstrate the same, but came across this while looking. Apparently Amazon was going to change it's smile logo to this smile-and-tape logo but had to retract it as people said it looked like... Hitler! I suppose even though that part of history is behind us, echoes of the terror of his regime still continue.

[​IMG]

#3764 Morgotha, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  5. Morgotha

Talk about wacky. This guy is running for the US Senate representing Louisiana, and his campaign ad? Is a video of himself sitting in a suit in a big leather chair (like a Senator would have) smoking pot. So he's concerned with legalization of marijuana as a campaign platform - fine. However, who shows up to a job interview high (or drunk)? Hopefully, the good people of Louisiana will vote for someone else for Senator, I can't imagine putting someone in office whose main interest in the office seems to be that he'll be able to be high at work rather than doing his job.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/louisiana-senate-candidate-smokes-marijuana-campaign

6. Morgotha

7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

So Obama attempted to succeed with a failed Republican operation? Not very smart of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morgotha

Justice Breyer is retiring in June, so look for Biden's handlers to put forward a black woman to replace him. She'll definitely be hard-left wing, but as long as it isn't Garland they could nominate Simone Missick for all I care. Best of luck to her, whoever it ends up being!

"https://www.foxnews.com/politics/breyer-retire-supreme-court

9. DeadZedHead

So look forward to 3 years of Republicans outraged that Biden is rushing a nomination?

10. Morgotha

Nah, but I bet there's more than one Repub senator that's hoping by some "miracle" one of their Dem colleagues keels over, LOL!

I'm pretty sure people are squeezing Breyer HARD to retire now, as if he was still in office beyond the midterm election the Repubs may indeed have the numbers to push the nomination approval back beyond the 24 election. I wouldn't put it past Mitch, at least.

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

12. Morgotha

In a developing story, 30 Million dollars of our tax money might be being spent to purchase crack pipes for drug addicts. I hope not.

" Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., sent a letter to Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra on Tuesday expressing her "grave concerns" about the department's program that could reportedly use taxpayer money to distribute crack pipes to drug addicts.

The Washington Free Beacon initially reported on the program, noting that the department would prioritize applicants in "underserved communities" as defined under one of President Biden's executive orders. An HHS spokesperson reportedly told the Beacon that the grants would fund smoking kits with pipes for users to smoke crystal methamphetamine, crack cocaine and "any illicit substances."

The grant document references Biden's executive order 13985, titled "Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government."

"Government-funded drug paraphernalia is a slap in the face to the communities and first responders fighting against drugs flowing into our country from a wide-open southern border," Blackburn wrote. "If this is the president's plan to address drug abuse, our nation is in serious trouble."

Blackburn gave HHS until March 1 to clarify whether the Biden administration is, in fact, authorizing the distribution of drug paraphernalia, which is in violation of the U.S. Code. The senator also demanded to know which entities applied to the grant program and how such entities are deemed eligible.

An HHS spokesperson described the Beacon's report to Fox News as "blatant misinformation," but did not explicitly deny the report.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bl...idens-taxpayer-funded-crack-pipe-distribution

#3772 Morgotha, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  13. Morgotha

House Republicans are asking Biden to take the same cognitive test Trump took, which he probably won't for obvious reasons. It would likely be tough for him to pass, given the sample questions from the exam reposted below:

24. The role of the US president is to be:
    a. the man in charge of the US hair sniffing department
    b. 头号行贿者
    c. winner of a pushup contest
    d. chief (no racism implied) of the executive branch.

25. "Corn Pop" is:
    a. a tasty sugared breakfast cereal
    b. an urban thug with a bicycle chain
    c. a campaign prop
    d. the man who's constantly shouting in my ear telling me to burn things

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-urge-biden-cognitive-test-assume-worst

oh, and for those of you without your morning cup of coffee, these aren't real test questions -yet.

#3773 Morgotha, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Oh goodie. Does that mean he’ll get to repeat person, woman, man, camera, tv? A very difficult test….lol

15. Morgotha

Fredo is trying to blackmail CNN.

"
    Page Six cites multiple anonymous sources who assert Cuomo is demanding upwards of $60 million from his former network on the heels of his one-time boss, Jeff Zucker, resigning from CNN. The probe into Cuomo’s tenure uncovered that Zucker had a consensual relationship with another employee, Executive VP and Chief Marketing Officer of CNN Worldwide, Allison Gollust.

So what does Zucker’s resignation have to do with Cuomo’s desire for a hefty payout? Cuomo reportedly claims that Zucker not only knew about his involvement with his brother’s sexual harassment investigation, but that Zucker himself also had “his own dealings” with Andrew, which included coaching him on “what to say in his press conferences” and generally advising him on “when, and where, and what to say.”

“What he believes happened is WarnerMedia found something in their investigation into Chris, perhaps internal memos or documents which revealed more about Zucker’s involvement with Andrew Cuomo,” per one of Page Six's sources. “Gollust was just a convenient excuse.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...llion-after-cnn-fallout/ar-AATF12x?li=BBnb7Kz

16. Morgotha

You'd be surprised. Someone tells you even 3 words and asks you to remember them, then asks you a bunch of other questions and later asks you to state what the words were. It's not that easy.

17. DeadZedHead

I think someone posted the test here. That is the most difficult part. My father was able to do it and he was 87 and bed ridden. I took it and forgot one word. That might be saying something about me but i dont think its as strong an indicator of dementia than its being posed as.

18. Morgotha

Then Biden should have no problem with taking it.

19. Morgotha

Putin has moved some troops in to Ukraine.

"
    Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops into two rebel-held regions in eastern Ukraine, after recognising them as independent states.

Footage released overnight appeared to show Russian military vehicles heading towards the Ukrainian border.

Russia said the troops would be "peacekeeping" in the breakaway regions, which it has backed since 2014.

"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60468237

20. Morgotha

Germany really shocked me this morning. They have stopped certification of the Nordstream 2 natural gas pipeline that would supply half Germany's energy needs with Russian gas, all over Russia's actions in Ukraine.

I figured Germany would bow out of this fight as they need that pipeline. I was wrong.

"
    The West showed Tuesday it was ready to target Russia's huge energy industry — even at the risk of hurting itself — after Moscow ordered troops into parts of eastern Ukraine.

Germany said it was halting certification of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline following Moscow's actions in eastern Ukraine on Monday.

"With regard to the latest developments, we need to reassess the situation also with regard to Nord Stream 2. It sounds very technocratic but it is the necessary administrative step in order to stop certification of the pipeline," Chancellor Olaf Scholz said in Berlin.

The 750-mile pipeline was completed in September but has not yet received final certification from German regulators. Without that, natural gas cannot flow through the Baltic Sea pipeline from Russia to Germany.

The United States, the United Kingdom, Ukraine and several EU countries have opposed the pipeline since it was announced in 2015, warning the project would increase Moscow's influence in Europe.

Nord Stream 2 could deliver 55 billion cubic meters of gas per year. That's more than 50% of Germany's annual consumption and could be worth as much as $15 billion to Gazprom, the Russian state owned company that controls the pipeline."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ion-of-russian-pipeline/ar-AAUa3ai?li=BBnb7Kz