Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode 1109

Discussion in 'Episode 1109 - No Other Way' started by Blueman, Feb 7, 2022.

1. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

Pregaming LOL! Today is chocolate cherry wine… it’s interesting for sure. Looking forward to tonight!

2. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

pregaming with a glass of Evan Williams. Will be pouring a glass of the good stuff once the show starts. See ya in the other LIVE thread

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Still holding out hope that the movies are actually still happening eh?

#23 lastcat3, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  4. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I have no idea what’s going on with that. Hence I said “if” not “when”. But any time they’re asked, they are still adamant that the films will happen.

I guess I hope they’ll make them, because more Rick Grimes can only be a good thing. And if we’ll get to be given the missing part of the jigsaw that’s also a good thing. To see a reunion with Rick and Michonne? That would be a very, very good thing. So yes. I guess I do hope they’ll make these movies. Still don’t understand why they had to be movies instead of a mini spinoff of let’s say six episodes, or Rick’s story could have been integrated into the final season somehow, but if that’s the only way to get more Rick, I take it.

5. lastcat3

Companies seldom come out and say that something has been cancelled before it has even started production. They often just let that thread hang there (as that just makes the IP look vulnerable and business's always want to publicly come from a place of strength). People have certain lines they are instructed to say when asked about the project and the hope is that people eventually just forget about it.

When they were planning this movie project out the show was still getting about 8-10 million viewers an episode. Now it is getting less then 2 an episode and by the end they may have some episodes that register less than 1.

Wouldn't make much sense at all for them to make a movie when interest in the IP has been declining that much. Hell it makes little sense that they are continuing to try to make new shows. The last thing they would want would be to release a movie and have an embarrassing box office result and have the IP lose even more money.

And I do suspect that the only reason movies were announced in the first place is because they were trying to find a way for Andrew Lincoln to eventually be willing to come back.

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That makes a lot of sense from an economic stand point. I would love if though if they only made one tv “movie special” that would tie up loose ends with the Rick/Michonne story arc. Hell, make it a Christmas special, lol. I have no idea if Andy or Danai would be interested but if they didn’t have anything else going on that would conflict, who knows. They might do it for old times sake to see that their characters got a satisfying ending. After all, I’ve see bigger “stars” in commercials.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think "movies" make sense if it's something they're going to run on AMC, but I don't see where there is audience for a theater release. If they are still pushing the franchise on the network it would make sense to conclude Rick's stories there with the other recycled garbage they churn out after the original series ends.

• Like Like x 1
  8. lastcat3

True. However I'm not sure Andrew Lincoln would agree to that. They would still probably have to pay Andrew Lincoln and Danai the type of money actors would get for a theater release.

9. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

What newly created forum?

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

In the episodes section, season 11

The truth is out there