Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate and Discuss Episode 1110

Discussion in 'Episode 1110 - New Haunts' started by BlackBird, Feb 22, 2022.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Lol all you have to do is spend a little time on plenty of fish to know that that is the case. Hoo Nelly.

2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I’m just wondering if you’d gotten through the second half of the episode and whether your opinion of it has improved by the end?

Having seen the next episode already as well (all of it based in the Commonwealth), I find myself totally over the whole CW story, after my initial enthusiasm for seeing something different.

I would be interested in reading you picking it apart piece by piece!

Regarding Daryl, I’m pretty sure he’s mostly collecting information in his new role, as well as earning a living so he can provide for his two adopted children. That much is in character.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I did see the second half and I thought it got even worse with that guy with the knife. That whole scene had a soap opera style feel to it.

I will catch up with this week's episode soon and give my thoughts. I'll likely watch in two parts again since it looked to be CW and Eugene.

The whole Commonwealth thing just doesn't feel real for the world they're currently in. It was bad in the comics, but it's much worse on screen.

The biggest disconnect is that things have gotten much worse over time. We went from the Governor to Negan to Alpha. The world is degrading. Much smarter, better and tougher people have died attempting to forge a better world. So when you insert this mess, it feels like a different show.

Woodbury was the closest we came to the Commonwealth, and that made sense at the time because it was just after the apocalypse and people were clinging to the old life. It wasn't sustainable either. As we've seen there's always another group looking to take what you have.

#23 Stealth, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

I think they’re trying to make it believable by making it a very large community, with the assumption that they managed to protect the walls here and preserve all within. But to be self-sustaining to this luxury level? That would be no small feat to a town even without an apocalypse. It’s totally unrealistic and you’re absolutely right, it does feel like a completely different show.

I find the conflict arising from our people entering a class divided community interesting though, how they cope from being equal, being pushed back into their respective social boxes. Yet, the whole premise is totally surreal.

I really hope our people will return to Alexandria.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The basis for any sort of society like this even potentially existing would have to be one sustained by the military, not a group of people that looted the Star Wars set. The whole thing is bordering on parody now.

Recently I finished watching The Expanse on Prime. It's a good Sci-fi series that ran 6 seasons. But primarily it is an excellent character based show. You have clearly defined people who react to events as you would expect them too. That doesn't mean there aren't twists, but you can understand that development due to that character's journey.

The reason I bring it up is because when I finished it I thought that it was one of the best series I've watched because the creators knew what they were, and who their characters were. So they delivered a satisfying conclusion (which isn't an easy thing to do as shows keep demonstrating) because they never lost sight of the basics.

This is where Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and others have fallen short. They lose their way. I was hoping they would put it together for one last shot, but now I guess the only hope is a Hail Mary pass for the final eight episodes. Don't count on it though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

Lol. Yes. Totally right. And the cheesy ice cream parlours and fancy cakeshops only add to the ridiculousness. It’s too much. The Walker maze at the fair… just grotesque.

The soldiers are not even that good as it turns out, neither their armour is that effective, as Daddy Mercer needs to come to the rescue of his Boy Scouts every five minutes.

I don’t want our people to stay here and make this place their own. I’m heartened to know they’re rebuilding Alexandria and Hilltop and hope they’ll return there soon, to the community life they were all good at, back in the times when we saw the 4 communities trading and all prospering. That was just so pleasing to see.

I hope they’ll get out of here by the end of this middle section.

Thanks for the recommendation of Expanse. Will check it out.

• Like Like x 1