Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

11x16 - Acts of God - Rate and Discuss

Discussion in 'Episode 1116 - Acts Of God' started by BlackBird, Apr 10, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Second mid-season finale... Only eight episodes left after this to put this baby to bed.

I thought the episode was great. Top marks. The suspense was intense, our Band of Bandits (Aaron, Gabe and Daryl) awesome as ever. Best scene in the episode was the three of them sensing the soldiers were about to turn on them, and the perfect little team they are, they took out all the soldiers instead. Lance is a fabulous villain. His face when Daryl answered the radio, and when Daryl shot him! Priceless. The ending of the episode - utterly terrifying. What an unexpected twist! But Leah is finally gone, oh hallelujah. That's a very satisfying outcome.

I know some people criticise the show for having already revealed the planned Maggie/Negan spinoff, so many viewers would have known Maggie would survive her little tiff with Leah. But actually, just following the character's ark, it was clear Maggie wouldn't die at this juncture. She's also one of the three main characters now, so no way. Knowing she was "safe" didn't take anything from the episode from me. If anything, it made me enjoy it more, because at least I didn't have to worry so much about her.

I also disagree with the criticism that only minor characters die these days. Thank god! I don't want any more of TF to die, we have lost so many dear characters already. I don't want this last stretch of story to be about who survives, I'd like it to be about how they will live from here onwards.

The Leah/Maggie fight was still very suspenseful for me, because it was becoming increasingly clear that Daryl would need to turn up to intervene and help Maggie, and I was very anxious about how that would go down. In the end, it all happened without a single word spoken, Leah taken out as a matter of fact. Daryl obviously no longer cares, and that was a relief for me. I didn't want him to have to go through yet another emotional turmoil. I think at the moment when she chose her people over Daryl, after she'd killed Pope, Daryl knew that they had no possible future together, in any shape or form. So he simply corrected a stupid and naive mistake in this episode, of letting Leah go previously. She's run out of chances. He was done with her forever pushing him to choose between her and his family. Good riddance. She was a very interesting character, but I couldn't stand her around Daryl, she was no good for him. Now we can finally move on and pretend she never existed.

Half of our Team Family are about ride out together from the CW on a mission to find the missing people, and the other half of our Group are now fugitives from the CW. They're bound to team up soon? The horrifying part is that all their children are still back at the Commonwealth. Will Auntie Carol save them all?

I can't wait to see what happens next. In spite of s couple of weaker episodes, I really enjoyed this middle section. And I still bloody love this show. Warts and all.

#1 BlackBird, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode. Some tense moments even if we were pretty sure of the outcome for TF. However, no doubt everyone noticed that the only one killed in Maggie’s strike group,was wearing a RED SHIRT!!! When I saw that, I knew he was toast, lol. Leah makes the number one villain’s mistake. Instead of killing Maggie right away, she has to tie her up and engage in dialogue which gives Daryl time to arrive and save Maggie’s arse. He didn’t make Leah’s mistake and finished her off without a word or histrionics. Good for him!

He even gave Lance the cheek wound reminiscent of that scene from 300 where King Leonidas just barely misses Xerxes. I thought of that because it caused Xerxes to lose it and I believe that’s what’s happening at the end when Lance has the remaining Hilltop residents gathered together and flips his coin. I think he’s going to massacre them which would give us a rationale for why in the spin off Maggie would be out traipsing around with Negan, (not to mention she told him she was beginning to trust him), and no longer leading her community. We’ll see.

Back at the CW, I love how our TF still stick with each other even though it’s possible they could have drifted apart in their new community. The brave rebels! They just need some tea for the harbor! Instead they have a news expose. What will Pam and her sociopathic son do, now? Lance is in the field and Mercer is sympathetic to the cause….certainly to his sister.

I’m ready to see how the writers tie all this up. I expect as a faithful viewer, all these years, to have some good endings for TF. I’m not sure how Lance is gonna get it but it better be satisfying as well. I’m going to depend on “aunty Carol” to save the children with Judith as her right hand. I’m sure that little fire cracker hasn’t forgotten her training. I won’t take it well if any of the children are hurt or killed.

So we wait…..

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlackBird

I’m really happy to hear you’ve enjoyed the episode! And you got what you wanted with Leah! In many ways this was perfect. I was worried about how it might affect Daryl, but the way it happened, not engaging in any further conversation, it was the least painful way for him to eliminate her, as it needed to be done. Arguably should have been done earlier, but back then he still had it in him to give her one final chance. Seeing her return for revenge and about to kill Maggie, sealed her fate instantly. Her persistent need to avenge what she’s pretty much brought onto herself (by being part of her horrible group and choosing them over Daryl) extinguished the last morsel of care Daryl might have still felt for her. I’m glad there was no dialogue. There was nothing left to say. By the way, I think Leah’s plan was to keep Maggie alive, after she had killed her loved ones. And yes, really stupid mistake to keep Maggie alive, and getting cocky about her intentions.

I totally agree in Lance completely losing his shit after being shot, and doing everything he has been planning (taking over the three communities) much quicker and in a much more brutal way instead of the fake diplomatic route he’d have preferred. But the community in the final scene was Oceanside.
    There was noone left at Hilltop. Only a few workers back at Alexandria. But at Oceanside we still have the entire community. Supposedly Luke staying there too? Virgil too, maybe? Where the heck has he disappeared to? So we’ll see which way the coin fell. But these women are all fierce warriors. I hope they’ll find a way to survive this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

Are you sure that was Oceanside? I didn’t think Hill Top was completely emptied. How did the CW get there so fast? Isn’t it a ways away? I can see how Lance would want to kill off the remaining Hill Toppers for revenge on Maggie’s killing some of his men but why round up the women of Oceanside + Luke(?) when they probably have no idea of what transpired. I thought the two new CW banners that went up were on Alexandria and Hill Top. Did I miss the third? I’ve got to watch that ending again.

*I stand corrected! I rewatched and duh….it’s pays to read, lol. There was the Oceanside sign plain and simple. I think I was concentrating so hard on who was in that group they rounded up that I didn’t even notice it. I didn’t even notice the gates!!! :rolleyes: Now I’m really confused as to why Lance is going to kill those people and I just feel he is. Maybe he wants to develop a resort area for the wealthy in the CW to come for vacation. Pam said how much she enjoyed being at the Ocean again. It might serve to distract her from censuring him but if there are witnesses and it comes out there was a massacre? Pam’s political career may be over. What a tool. Now you have me wondering where Luke is and some of the others.

#4 purriwinkle, Apr 12, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  5. BlackBird

Well, there appears to be a 50/50 chance these people at Oceanside will be executed by a deranged Lance. To secure this place as a holiday resort for the Commonwealth? That sounds like something Lance might want to do! But then wouldn’t they need this community to run the resort? And like you said, could they keep a potential massacre here a secret? Hm. Of course Lance is not thinking straight right now, all he can see is that these people were Maggie’s allies.
    I really hope it won’t come to a massacre. I couldn’t cope. To be honest, I’ve been immersing in TWD the past few weeks partially for taking my mind off at least temporarily from all the horrors of the war in Ukraine. Killing this community would be so much like real life right now… yet, the coin has been flipped. I wonder if our people are right behind Lance and will come to the rescue of Oceanside. If they’d seen the CW banners on either Alexandria or Hilltop walls, they’d have figured out where Lance went next.
    Finishing off Lance and his leftover soldiers before they return to CW would be essential for our people, with their children and friends still there.

I don’t think anyone was left at Hilltop. A lot of them went to CW in the end, and it looked like only Maggie, Lydia, Elijah and red shirt boy were left to fight the CW, and they blew up the main house in the process?

#5 BlackBird, Apr 12, 2022
  6. purriwinkle

Wait….Didn’t Lance say, “clear the field”? Wasn’t that code for leave only allies? I think he’s pursuing that agenda. Oceanside specifically said that they wouldn’t join the CW because of Maggie. She wouldn’t so they wouldn’t. What a way to get to Maggie if they kill this community that aligned themselves with her. Like you said, the coin has been tossed.

There’s plenty of “working class” citizens of the CW that might jump at the chance to work at a resort. The ‘resort’ is just an idea that came to me. The CW be in possession of some prime real estate now, LOL. I really don’t know how much Lance shares with Pamela when it comes to his black ops. Probably not much but it’ll be a loud and clear message for Maggie though and the rest of TF that are fighting with her. I didn’t really recognize anyone in the group so that’s why I also thought they might be expendable. I really hope I’m wrong.

*There are some aspects of this story arc that are too closely parallel with the situation in Ukraine. Didn’t Trump say something about Putin gaining some prime real estate when he first invaded? Plus rounding up and shooting civilians. Makes me uncomfortable. Maybe I’m just conflating the two.

#6 purriwinkle, Apr 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I liked the episode. It had some suspenseful scenes, even though I knew the spoilers.
    It’s obvious that Lance is going to end up dead. He’s worse than the governor from season 3.
    I also think Pamela doesn’t know the half of what’s going on.

Look forward to seeing the last set of episodes, as I have a prediction of why Maggie and Negan have a spinoff.

Prediction: we saw in the trailer that Negan is back at Alexandria in the cell, talking to Lance. I think Annie takes Hershel to safety during this time. Once the fight is over, Maggie and Negan have to join forces to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Here is one 11x17 trailer/promo () , 2 observations:-
    1. there appears to be a large herd and people in CW is 'evacuating'. While Lance is away, it is up to the TF to save CW, thus builds up their credibility to step into leadership after Lance/Pamela are gone?
    2. Daryl is inspecting a pistol, which looks like the same model of Rick's Python?

There is another sneak peek (), looks like Auntie Carol is going to protect the kids from the 2 CIA's assassins!

Looking forward to these episodes!!

I like this episode. 8.5/10
    -I think the matter is getting out of control of Lance. So, he kicks into basic instinct mode of his pre-ZA CIA training, prompting him to massacre the Oceanside and then framing TF of stealing the guns...etc

-I think the massacre is higher than 50/50. Lance flipped the coin. The last time he flipped the coin, he spilt the storm troopers into 2 groups (one group stayed with him and the other went with Daryl/Gabe/Aaron to take them out). So, I think he is now again picking storm troopers to do the bloody work of killing the Oceanside people. I bet, Cyndie will survive and expose Lance

-Where are the guns? This question needs to be answered. So, Leah stole the guns, probably a huge amount. Could Daryl, knowing Leah more than anyone else, find the stash (including that Python pistol?) and thus well equipped to fight against Lance?

#8 Blueman, Apr 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

When is the series returning?

10. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

I just read that it could be mid September.