Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Some craziness

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 28, 2017.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Doesn’t matter. She called the police. They didn’t arrest the students. Article doesn’t even really tell us if they left after that or were allowed to stay in class. University spokesman said it was an unusual call since there was no eminent danger of physical harm to anyone. Tardiness and sass not considered reasons for engaging in the policy to use campus security.
    So where did all this end up anyways? Probably, as I stated earlier, in the Dean’s office.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Here's something nutty. One of the criminals that went in to a Walgreens in San Francisco and stole with a large trash bag full of stuff and walked out was caught, and was just found guilty and sentenced to 16 months in prison. Yea! One less criminal on the street. Well...

According to the SF Chronicle, he was credited for time served in prison to date and has already been released! So... not that long of a term after all?

It sounds good on Fox:

"A bicycle-riding thief who went viral last year when video footage of him stealing from a Walgreens in San Francisco and then riding out of the retail store with a large bag of stolen merchandise made the rounds on social media was sentenced Monday to 16 months in prison.

Jean Lugo Romero pleaded guilty to felony grand theft, misdemeanor petty theft and received a year of probation in addition to the jail term, San Francisco prosecutors said. "

https://www.foxnews.com/us/san-francisco-walgreens-thief-robbery

But not so good in the SF Chronicle:
    "
    The man who made national headlines after a video of his brazen Walgreens theft went viral has been sentenced to 16 months in prison, time served, and one year of probation, the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office announced Monday.

Jean Lugo Romero pleaded guilty to felony grand theft and misdemeanor petty theft for the June incident, in which he was seen cramming items into a trash bag and then cruising out of the store on a bicycle without paying.

Lugo Romero was released after he was credited the time he had already served behind bars."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/a...-Francisco-Walgreens-shoplifting-17057408.php

3. Morgotha

Teenagers do some stupid things. Always have, always will. These kids though, tragically, took that to the next level.

"
    A 16-year-old was killed as he and another teen took turns firing guns at each other while wearing body armor, according to police in Florida.

The shooter and another teen have been arrested in connection with the death."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-body-armor-police-said/ar-AAW44c3?li=BBnb7Kz

4. Morgotha

Disneyland used to be the perpetual subject of left-wing attacks for representing traditional values, but now... they've made a U-turn and are seemingly trying to further social change towards promoting alternative behavior, and one wonders why. An answer may have appeared:

"
    An heir to the Disney empire came out publicly as transgender at a Human Rights Campaign gala in March.

The HRC held their annual Los Angeles fundraising dinner on March 13.

"As members of the Disney family, standing up for equality has always been what we do. Tonight, our family is issuing a fundraising challenge," Charlee Disney said at the HRC gala."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/disney-heir-transgender-criticizes-florida-education-law

5. Morgotha

Seattle's public transit is in financial trouble, with the fare fees being paid only covering 5% of the system's operating costs. Why is so little revenue being generated? Because over 2/3 of riders aren't paying! Why don't they enforce payment? Because they are afraid of disproportionately affecting minorities.

"
    Seattle’s Link Light Rail is a freeloader’s paradise.

There are no turnstiles, so passengers are supposed to either buy a ticket or tap their pre-paid card. But so few riders are paying, fares are currently covering just 5% of the system’s operating costs, a fraction of the 40% mark Sound Transit set as a requirement.

At a recent Sound Transit Board meeting, the outgoing CEO summed up the situation. "Our fare collection system relies overwhelmingly on an honor system," Peter Rogoff said, "and our increasingly acute problem is that our riders aren’t honoring the system."

By one measurement, as many as a staggering 70% of all passengers are free riders. But even that is only an estimate as there is almost no fare enforcement. Sound Transit did away with fare enforcement officers after a study revealed people of color were disproportionately getting fined"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattles-transit-system-struggles-riders-refuse-pay

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Today, a customer actually said that the subway shooting was fake, and that this is Biden just wanting to take away all guns.

So, all the videos I saw on tic tok (4) from people on that train, wasn’t real, and they weren’t running into other cars, so they wouldn’t get shot.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

https://apple.news/A9iA7C5vlQymOD0EwKWq6eg

Fox shows Republican outrage over Omars outrage over Easter songs being sung on a plane. Except Omar didn’t show outrage, she just pointed out that people don’t react the same when Muslims pray on a plane. Republicans called her racist while telling her to go back where she came from while throwing random countries at her.

8. DeadZedHead

9. purriwinkle

This reminds me of what I read in Leonard Pitts column in my Sunday paper:

“What Americans have lost—to be painfully accurate, what Republicans have trashed in pursuit of power—is the willingness and ability to share a common national identity.”

“Well, there’s a reason the Republicans get the blame for destroying any sense of common American narrative. It’s because ——pay close attention here—-they deserve the blame for destroying any sense of common American narrative.

Sorry, but Hunter Biden’s laptop didn’t do that. Black Lives Matter didn’t do that. Whatever thing FOX “news” last told its audience to fear did not do that.

The Republican Party did it by a campaign of demonizing dissent, shredding norms and boundaries, embracing a politics of white resentment and fear and, perhaps most corrosively, delegitimizing the very idea of knowledgeable fact, so that an ordinary birth certificate becomes an object of suspicion, an ordinary election a seedbed of distrust and the sacking of the U.S. Capitol an innocent visit by tourists.”

Well said! Your post was a fine example of his point.

*Leonard Pitts is a columnist for the Miami Herald.

10. DeadZedHead

Thats why Chris Wallace left Fox. Truth was not important.

11. purriwinkle

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Although the roots of our many problems go back further than the whole birth certificate nonsense, I think that was the tipping point into insanity.

And I never thought it back then. I believed it was just an Obama thing due to his race, but at it's heart it was a spiraling away from reality.

It's so much worse now too than it was then.

13. Morgotha

I wouldn't want anyone getting up and singing on my plane, period. Secular, religious, the noise would intrude into my space. If Omar would have called the group out for *rude behavior* that shouldn't be allowed on airplanes, I'd agree 100%.

As far as one religion vs. the other? Omar knows the score planes, the US, and Muslims, and there's enough evidence of her anti-Semitism to show that in this situation she's being a provocateur and and not someone who's genuinely pointing out an unfairness.

14. Morgotha

:eek:! Seriously? It's the Republicans who came up with "African-Americans", LGBTQ, etc.? with the intent of pitting one group of Americans against another? I never knew. I thought that was the left.

I generally like Pitts as a columnist, but he really missed the mark on this one.

15. DeadZedHead

While she does Have a tendency to showboat, i dont always disagree with her. Every time she speaks she is falsely called antisemitic. The irony is that she is often criticized using blatantly islsmaphobic rhetoric and Republicans are ok with that racism. For example Republicans not only told her to go back where she came from but in a self own, listed other countries where Islamic prayer IS allowed on planes. No one is denying 9/11 but Republicans are ignoring the fact that million of Muslims live in and visit the US without blowing up a building. But if one terrorist act condemns all muslims, i guess one insurrection condemns all Republicans for the next 20 years right? Or is that not how it works?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DeadZedHead

I posted it too. Even Kid Rock thought it was ridiculous.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. DeadZedHead

Identifying as a group doesn’t automatically make you against another group. Its Republicans that are pitting themselves against these groups.

18. Morgotha

Ha ha ha! Chris Wallace joined CNN! He went from a charcoal company to a jet black one.

19. Morgotha

Yeah, it actually does. Encouraging groups to see themselves as different than others encourages them to seek benefits for themselves as opposed to benefits for all. That is the definition of pitting one group against another. For example, "black lives matter" supporters actually get offended when someone says "ALL lives matter" - which they do.

20. purriwinkle

IKR? Many have now spiraled completely into a parallel universe.

• Like Like x 1