Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Jon Snow, Oct 7, 2014.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I saw Nobody on Sunday. Bob's character was a "bad ass" like John Wick. Kind of weird to see him cast in that kind of role.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Interesting. I liked the original John Wick and then it just went too over the top for me. It's still a fun watch, but it's really beyond far fetched.

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Nobody doesnt have as much action as John Wick but Bob's character and another have more abilities than one might expect at the beginning of movie. Kind of weird selection of music during some scenes.

4. Stealth

That's a big pet peeve of mine, musical selections at inappropriate times. TWD has done it quite a bit too. Sometime it'll yank you right out of the scene.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

6. Stealth

One month to go until the premiere of the final season of Better Call Saul. The trailer is great.

7. Stealth

Little over one week now until the Season 6 premiere on Monday 4/17. They're breaking up the final season in two parts. The first 7 episodes will run April through the end of May and then the final set comes out July 11th.

Really looking forward to this. I trust Vince Gilligan to end the story well.

8. Stealth

Looks like no one else that remains on the board is watching Better Call Saul. Not sure if @JEA13 is or not. Very strong initial four episodes for the first half of the final season. Only three left now until the midseason break. The Nacho episode was right there with anything they did on Breaking Bad, a top tier episode that writers and showrunners of other series should watch to see how you deliver a payoff. Characters remain true to themselves, and you follow the plot where the person has reached a dead end and makes the best of the few choices that remain for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Stealth

Brilliant midseason finale as all the worlds collided in the final scene. The filming of those last moments was pure art, down to the finest details. The candle blowing, indicating that the door had opened, prior to Lalo slipping in. The horror they showed on Kim and Saul's faces as they saw him, but the audience did not. And then you had Howard, unknowingly, continuing on with his diatribe, just as everything changed.

This reminded me a lot of the amazing Breaking Bad episode Ozymandias. I even thought of the promo for that one where they just had Bryan Cranston reading the Ozymandias poem. It was also a fit for this episode.

Great TV. Perfection.

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Sorry I am late with reply. I gradually have come less and less to this site after I stopped watching TWD when I felt it went too far downhill. I missed the first few episodes of Better Call Saul but saw the later episodes. Unfortunately my on demand doesnt keep up episodes very long like they used to. I didnt realize the new season had started until I heard from my brother in law . When I went to catch up ,the first few episodes were no longer showing on demand.
    I should have paid more attention to your posts about the restarting dates for the series.
    I agree with you about that final episode. Poor Howard didnt deserve everything he went through. I better put the date for the second half on my calendar.

11. Stealth

I usually check in every day or two on here. Sometimes it's only for a few seconds, because not many are posting. I hope you got to see the Nacho episode which was early on. They had a total of 7 episodes in the first half. It returns July 11th.

I felt bad for Howard too. He actually was sympathetic toward Jimmy after Chuck died. Even the thing about boxing it out, was his attempt to try and bury the grudge. Thing is though it was mainly Kim who was pushing the scam. Howard didn't realize who had the biggest problem with him.

Lalo is such a great character too. He's to Better Call Saul what Gus was to Breaking Bad.

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Kim should have gone to her lunch meeting or whatever it was. Surely someone else could have helped with the reshoot with the arm cast on the fake judge. Do you know how many episodes they will have the second half of the season? There is no way I can even come up with a guess how they will end it. I definitely want to see how it finishes. The show is a rarity where a spinoff turns out to be arguably as good as the original show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stealth

The second half is 6 or 7, I'm not sure if they broke the season up at the exact halfway point or went one over. Either way it's not a lot of time to go over the end of the Lalo situation, enter the Breaking Bad period and then finish up with him in Nebraska. But I remember thinking the same thing with Breaking Bad in that final half of the season and they covered everything. Well, they needed a movie to end Jesse's story, but still. I wouldn't complain about a wrap up film.

We know Lalo and Kim aren't in the Breaking Bad period, but while I think that means Lalo is dead it doesn't meant the same for Kim. She could be the first person who goes to the vacuum place to get a new life. She was looking at that card when they were at the vet.

So far I had one guess wrong and one right. My wrong one was that Kim was playing a long con on Jimmy, that it was why she was so intent of setting up Howard. But seeing things play out I don't see that now. I believed the midseason finale would end up with all the worlds converging, Howard confronting them at home and Lalo arriving at the end. But I thought that would be the cliffhanger there. I didn't think they'd kill anyone until the second half.

As for the ending, I think Kim is still alive somewhere while he's under a new identity in Nebraska. It's the only thing that will make the final chapter compelling since everyone will be dead by that point in time (Mike, Gus, Walt, Howard and the Salamancas). There's only Jesse but he's in Alaska. So it has to end some way with Kim. So it feels like we're leading to a sort of reunion, but I don't think they're going to get a happy ending.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Walt and Jesse in the second half. Both actors will be reprising their roles, but we don't know what the extent of their parts will be. They said Aaron Paul lost a lot of weight so he'd fit in with that time period.

Whatever they do though will be good. I have full faith in these writers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

My brother in law was just telling me he thinks for sure that Kim must get killed because she is not in Breaking Bad. I hadnt thought about her using the vacuum guy although I did notice the card . I just thought it was an easter egg kind of thing. I do feel they must have some kind of surprise , something most wouldnt expect, and Kim's death would be too predictable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

I'm guessing they'll need Mike to help take care of Howard's body. Maybe Lalo will attempt to use that angle to get at Gus, and have Jimmy feed them false info, or set them up. I would assume too that Lalo would have to take Kim hostage to insure Jimmy's assistance.

If you remember too, Mike had real animosity toward Saul in Breaking Bad. He was more sympathetic toward him in the desert in this series, so something else has to happen in between.

I agree though I think we'll all be surprised by what they do with Kim. Death or jail seems like the least likely options.

And while I don't think Kim is in the Breaking Bad timeline there is one interesting possible subtle clue. After many seasons we finally saw Howard's wife. I didn't even know he was married actually until this season. Part of them showing her was to demonstrate how bad their relationship was, and she probably won't care too much when he goes missing. But also it could be a way in which the writers say, someone can be there behind the scenes (as in Kim actually being in the BB universe).

I think the above is unlikely, because I don't see her living in that gaudy house they showed in the one flashforward scene, but you never know.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

You guessed correctly on some things that happened! I didnt have a clue on anything before watching. The opening scene had me confused until near the end. I like how Mike cleaned things up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stealth

I liked how they had Kim go to Gus, because if it had been Jimmy we wouldn't have had any concern, since we know he survives.

Since we also all knew that Gus survived and there would be no drama with that, I liked how they basically rolled out his plan a few weeks ago with the planted gun. So it served more to demonstrate the genius of Gus, always planning ahead for every eventuality.

What's amazing about this show now, as we're likely going to turn the page into the Breaking Bad timeline, is that we really have no idea what they're going to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stealth

I thought this week's episode was very good. It was not on the same level as the previous two, but I didn't expect them to surpass the midseason finale and the premiere.

I felt like the final scene with Jimmy and Kim was too abrupt. After it we just jumped to the Breaking Bad timeline with Saul in his office. Maybe that should've been the opener for next week's episode instead. I would've liked a longer scene or, better yet, two scenes that led to a progression in Kim's decision.

The series itself has been very methodical so it just felt like we moved forward a bit too quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Before the episode, I briefly wondered if Kim would not be with Jimmy any more because she became disgusted with what she had become. Then I thought that wouldnt happen because Jimmy is so persistent to get what he wants. I am still wondering what major drama will happen to finish the show.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stealth

Someone brought up that point to me yesterday, and I hadn't thought about it while watching the episode. But, the more I consider it the more I feel it's something they missed. Jimmy tries to talk his way out of everything and is so persistent. We need to see that. Maybe she pretends to agree to stay and then he comes back to find her gone. It all felt too "clean" of a break and out of character for him. He cares too much about her and even pursued the Howard thing, against his better judgment, for her.

• Agree Agree x 1