Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fear and the fall of the franchise

Discussion in 'Episode 716 - Gone' started by Stealth, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

No one has posted in the Fear threads for over a month now, which says it all. But I just wanted to make a few comments on how they keep making poor decisions.

Even though the writing and plot long ago descended into new depths of unbelievability, I still watched it because they teased Madison's return. I was curious about what they'd do since I've always liked Kim Dickens.

Foolishly they waited until the final episode of the season to bring her back. This franchise still hasn't learned a thing. The Gimple gimmicks don't work. Ratings continue to fall. But let's keep doing the same stuff.

What got me the most though is with Madison returning, Alycia Debnam Carey is exiting the show. They had a prime opportunity to have final scenes with mother and daughter. It could've been something the franchise has grown allergic to, good TV. But no, like with Rick and Michonne Alicia has disappeared into the land of lost Walking Dead toys. So no scenes between the two. Brilliant!

Alycia Debnam Carey posted a goodbye on social media, so she's out. But they keep her character alive for some insane hope of her doing a cameo years from now when the only people that will still be watching are the friends and family of those that work on the show.

I have to say though that Lennie James and Kim Dickens are good in scenes together. It's why he said he joined Fear, but then they stupidly wrote her out back then. More great decisions.

It's too late now though, the entire franchise has driven too far down Bad Choice Road.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I tried to watch it. But after the second episode this season, I gave up.
    It just doesn’t have the same excitement that the first 2 seasons had.

I will stick with the last group of episodes of TWD, then I will have to find something else to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Paying attention to the filming of Last of Us is probably more interesting than anything going on with Walking Dead these days.

With Alicia now gone (don't blame the actress at all for wanting to leave as she has done that show for seven years now) I am pretty much done with anything TWD. She was the only character I gave a hoot about any longer in either of the shows.

I highly recommend you guys check Last of Us out when it premiers early next year. It will make a lot of people go 'imagine what Walking Dead could have been like if HBO got it instead of AMC'

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I wasn't paying attention to news on the show, so I was unaware that she was leaving. I was thinking an Alicia and Madison reunion could revive the show. But like you, I'm now done with Fear. I think Lennie James and Kim Dickens are good as a team, but I don't care anymore. And this whole deal where she doesn't know where Alicia is, and fans just hoping for some lame return at the end, is insulting to the audience. So, no thanks. I'm out.

Fear also gave Alycia Debnam Carey nothing to work with the past couple of seasons. It was a garbage script. She was following a walker as if it was cognizant and could lead her somewhere. No wonder she left.

AMC is notorious for wanting to run stuff into the ground. They went to Vince Gilligan to extend Breaking Bad and he told them no. He had a set story to tell and it was done. Gimple on the other hand is a complete hack and is just using TWD as a platform for endless spinoffs.

I'll be watching The Last of Us. No official date on the premiere yet, but some believe it could come out in the fall after House of the Dragon.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I still watch Fear but I'm a season behind. Don't feel the need to keep up as it airs. I preferred the first three seasons....and I'm still disappointed that Walker never returned.

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I still watch, also the new ones... But I stopped coming to the forums years ago because of the frequent posting of spoilers, frankly I got so tired of that,. Further I find the show is enjoyable for what it is and the negativity of certain people who come here to post how much they hate it (yet they still watch) between that and the spoilers I saw no reason to continue frequenting the discussion boards.