Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discuss 11x21

Discussion in 'Episode 1121 - Outpost 22' started by BlackBird, Oct 30, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

9/10

So the producers have finally remembered this love story between Connie and Daryl they’ve been teasing for over two seasons, on and off. (Mostly off, ridiculously ignoring the fact they were sitting on a goldmine.) So someone thought, with three episodes left, holy shit, it’s time for Connie and Daryl to share a moment again. Well, I guess better later than never? I’ve never stopped rooting for my beautiful babies. Just let them be together at last, for heavens sake.

With Daryl and Connie being the heart of the episode for me, I was already made up, but I’ve also loved all the badassery from our people, they’re just the most amazing ninja folk ever. And Carol comforting Maggie, such a tender moment between these battle hardened women. And Ezekiel saying it as it is to Negan, whilst Negan also being right about Ezekiel needing to “shelve that shit” for now. Time to work together again.

Loved Rosita and Gabriel’s domestic, I’ve really grown to enjoy their dynamic. And always a treat to enjoy Daryl and Carol’s evergreen bond. Loved the fabulous twist of our people ending up in Alexandria - and Maggie’s determination of how this will all go down. All golden.

I feel everything is set up perfectly for a big finale to the series. Taking back Alexandria, revolution at the CW, getting rid of Pamela, getting Yumiko to lead the CW maybe. Hopefully after reforms our people will decide to stay at the CW?

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It was good to see some of our TF making their escape with and without help from the others. They’ve done very well against a much more militarized adversary but I’m looking forward to them continuing the advance to free their still imprisoned friends now that they’ll be operating in their former home.

I guessed right that the children are not with the adults and have been taken to god knows where. This provides a plausible explanation for why some of our characters are teamed up together and off on missions in future spin offs. Especially with only a few episodes left. I’m not sure that I care for that approach. In fact I think it’s a terrible way to end a series.

One bright spot that’s been mentioned is that with all the turmoil, Daryl and Connie’s friendship has seemed to warm up again.
    They’re so cute together although nothing is going to come of it since Daryl will be traipsing around with Carol. No doubt they’ll be looking for the kids and Connie may be needed to help run a hopefully Pam-less CW.

At any rate, I’m anxious to see TF do what they do.

3. DNK

DNK New Member

This was an awesome episode. Seeing Alexandria gave me goosebumbs. Maggie is goin full warrior now. Number 2 is connecting and bringing back memories of Rick. 9 out of 10 for me.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze me with how too many shows miss the basics in terms of storytelling. They just don't see the forest through the trees, and they don't keep the most important thing in mind, the audience. Then many are upset when there's a backlash.

Henry Cavill quit the Witcher series this week. Season 3, which will air on Netflix next year, will be his last. He has the lead role. The creators decided to recast the part with Liam Hemsworth. Cavill is the heart and soul of the show, but they think it'll be just fine to replace him, as if fans will say, oh yeah, this is the same thing we've watched for three seasons.

People like them, and the TWD writers shouldn't continue to get jobs in TV and film.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlackBird

I truly hope they’re not trying to trade with children in TWD - enough of that horror in The Handmaid’s Tale.

I know at least one of the children is at Alexandria.

6. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

Ok, so we are not going to get any answers with three episodes left. Answers to: how did the zombie plague begin, who took Rick, where is he, where is Mischone(sp?). There will be no "ending" to The Walking Dead.

After all, the comic is still being written correct? There will be spinoffs. So how can the above questions be dealt with?

7. DNK

DNK New Member

As far as i know the comic ended quite some time ago. The show is totally taking a different path then the comic. I can highly recommend the comic btw. That story is basicly about Carl

8. ChrisAnn

ChrisAnn Member

Thanks DNK, I obviously have not read the comic. I wasn't sure if it was still being written.

So did it offer any closure as to above questions I mentioned above? But I suppose that would be a major spoiler.

9. BlackBird

Rick doesn’t get taken in the comics - and has a completely different story line. Many characters who were already dead in the comics by the time our survivors encountered the Commonwealth are still alive on the show, and other characters who made it to the Commonwealth in the comics are dead on the show (or missing in action).
    Daryl is a character created for the tv show only. So the show has used the comics as a source material and taken from it what it wanted all throughout.

10. BlackBird

I’m not expecting answers to the pandemic - it’s not been that kind of show looking for answers/cure since Season 1’s visit to the CDC. I know World Beyond went in that direction but I didn’t watch that show and on TWD there has been no mention of these research units as of yet.

I think we are bound to find out about Rick before the finale. Bad enough we won’t have him back with everyone in real time (I’m still hoping for at least a future glimpse of him being with the others…) but we are bound to find out his whereabouts to lead us into the spin-offs, and provide some bookend to Rick’s story with whom this whole saga started the first place.

I think the main question that needs answering (besides whether our survivors would learn about Rick) is whether our remaining survivors of Team Family have finally found some place to live where they have the prospect for some peace and happiness. I believe the Commonwealth might provide this place for them after the revolution that is well on its way.

There are many less urgent but annoying questions have been left unanswered about missing characters such as Luke, Virgil, Jadis, Heath, and what’s happened to Morgan and Dwight (again, Fear abs WB were not compulsory viewing for TWD fans - thank god). I think we will get answers about some of them at least, Luke and Virgil at least. I’d like to think Morgan too will find our group again in the future.

I would very much like to have a happy future echo of our characters living together in the finale - and the spin-offs to fill in the gaps and show us how they would get there.
    I think that’s the best we can hope for now, with the way they’ve done things due to extending the main show way beyond its natural end, and dealing with Andrew and Danai’s departure, as well as the pandemic.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

A new element of the walkers is subtly introduced, ie their ability to climb (through fence and up ladders).
    Probably the writers want to increase 'unpredictability' of the walkers just to make them more dangerous. After all these seasons, it is pretty mundane to kill a bunch of walkers for the TF.
    Maybe there is a story behind to, sort of, explain why after a decade some of the walkers can 'gain' or mutate to have this ability.
    I just do not think that encounter by Aaron/Elijah/Jerry/Lydia was an isolated/exceptional case.

• Agree Agree x 1