Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1122 - Faith - Discuss

Discussion in 'Episode 1122 - Faith' started by BlackBird, Nov 7, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Awesome episode. Four equally engaging storylines interwoven masterfully, and amazingly Connie and Daryl not separated immediately and routinely after some tender moments last week. I’m impressed.

So my babies were all teamed up making their way into Alexandria through the shit tunnels, constantly checking on each other, touching and long longing stares. It’s practically making out for these two, and I happily take it.

[​IMG]

Holy shit though. Everything else that went down in this episode!!! One of the best of the season for sure, no?

So many highlights!

Besides the badass love birds in the shit tunnels, there was Eugene delivering a brilliant speech at the end of his trial. One of the best speeches in the entire series for me, about what difference a person can make.

Then Negan was ready to sacrifice himself for Annie and the baby. Ezekiel stepped in to save him and let bygones be bygones when it truly mattered, and our wonderful survivors followed suit. This was an amazing scene. Negan finding himself in a situation almost the exact replica of what he put Glenn and Maggie through. And he lived through it. Saved by no other than the friends and family of the people he had hurt back once upon a time. Now if that’s not a cathartic and life changing experience for someone, I don’t know what is.

Lovely Luke is alive and reunited with part of the group! And his gf still alive too. A miracle!

And the episode just kept on giving.

Maggie and Carol continued to break my mother-heart. As did Rosita. All three women were just super badasses yet again. One precious child got rescued. (But where the hell are the others? And why was Hershel separated from them and tied up? I hate it when they’re messing with the children.)

The revolution is well on its way. Alexandria is retaken. And Mercer has come good like we always knew he would and delivered one of the best lines in the entire history of TWD.

I’d say this episode might just be a 10/10 for me. Really good setup for the final two episodes, bravo. Can’t wait.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I actually paid attention this week :) "Time to **** **** up"

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought this was a pretty good episode. For me it seemed rather tense throughout interspersed with small relieving interludes. I kept thinking someone was going to die but so far so good.

There were always those moments. Would Negan betray the others but then he didn’t and they risked their own lives to save him and Annie. Would Yumiko Perry Mason her case and save Eugene despite this being a kangaroo court but no…then we see Mercer come to the rescue with admittedly a great one liner. Aaron, Luke, and the others getting away within the walker group but excuse me, a walker picks up a knife? Nope. The mothers of TF practically driven mad with fear for their kids but then one is rescued only to find the others are not with him. Back and forth. This is going to drive me nuts with only two episodes left to tie up the main story line but I have to admit I’m looking forward to the next episode.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BlackBird

The walker picking up a knife was ridiculous. They are escalating these smart walkers like crazy and it’s all just totally out of the blue after ten years of relatively solid and predictable behaviour from the undead, with exception of the more active and human like behaviour shown in the pilot.

We have all moved on to the understanding that walkers are just a dangerous nuisance but manageable. Other humans are the real threat. And now, after ten years, at the end of the game, they shift the goalposts with the walkers. It’s too late and too quick.

The message from this is bound to be that noone should attempt to live in smaller communities anymore, as they’d be more vulnerable to both humans and walkers.

Luckily I don’t give a flying monkey about the walkers, I never cared - I’ve been watching this show solely for the human drama from the start. Walkers are just an annoying backdrop to me. And now they’re just more annoying, demanding more attention.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This pushes me a little closer to not watching the final 8 episodes. I guess I could just fast forward through a lot of it, I was planning on doing that for much of the Commonwealth anyway, but still.

Through time the walkers are supposed to become more deteriorated and less lethal. That was the point in the comics anyway, but yeah, now they'll be having walkers turn into John Wick or something. How ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

It is ridiculous - but still worth watching for our TF survivals. Some very poignant and beautiful moments make all the bullshit worth to wade through - for me at least.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stealth

Yeah I was already fast forwarding through a lot of Part B of the season, so I'll just do the same with it. I might even catch up before the finale because if I wait too long it gets into the holidays and winter where I usually binge a bunch of shows and then there will be something I'll want to watch more.

So it's 50-50 that I'll catch up before the last episode airs. I should be able to do it as long as I don't kill my remote with all the fast forwarding. lol

8. BlackBird

I know the Commonwealth rubs you the wrong way, I totally get that. There’s a great list of issues with it. But I’m also wondering if you fast-forward all the CW scenes, you will miss some important character moments and might feel detached from the whole thing? There were some very good scenes in the last few episodes that were set in the Commonwealth, and the episodes really work well as they are, with common themes between the different sets (suggested by the titles). In the penultimate episode we are heading back to the CW and it seems the finale will basically be played out mostly there. So there is no getting away from the monkey town, I’m afraid.

9. Stealth

If it looks like a key scene, as in Carol or someone being in it then I'll watch. If it's that ridiculous stuff like the crew that were newspaper reporters in the Commonwealth, I'll pass. I can't stand Pamela or the Dollar Store Governor Lance guy. I usually do watch the Mercer scenes because, aside from the ridiculous orange suit, he's the only Commonwealth character I'm fine with. I'll keep what you said though in mind toward the end. I can usually tell if something significant is going on, or if there's buildup to a moment etc. So I should be okay.

Are there more commercials this year too? I've been watching another AMC show, Interview with the Vampire which I DVR. And I usually run through it pretty quickly because there are just SO many commercials. At one point I was distracted and thought I fast forwarded too far and missed a scene, only to go back and see it was just more commercials. lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Then you certainly won’t want to miss the satisfying um…conclusion, to Lance’s story arc, and yes, I think there seems to be more commercials that ever too.

11. BlackBird

I could not BEAR watching this show with commercials. It’s a dreadful thing to have the flow and tension broken up with stupid adverts. I know that’s how the system works, but I can’t stand it. I have always watched the show online. I rather wait for it than have it ruined with ads.

Mercer has been great. I must admit I enjoyed Lance’s character too, and wouldn’t have minded a bit more of him. I’d have gotten rid of Pamela first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

The whole idea of introducing 'smart zombies' in season 11 of a show is just ridiculously dumb and shows how poor the writing has become on this show. It's almost as if the writers view this series as more of a comedy now than an actual serious horror drama.

It would be fine if they had laid down the rules in the initial seasons that the zombies could eventually transform into this. But all indications were that the zombies would slowly deteriorate over time........not become smarter and stronger.

Last of Us is starting up in a couple months so might as well bring up how they handled this. They handled it by saying the infection went through several different phases........each one being worse than the previous.........and the longer the infected individual went without being killed the harder they would be to kill.

Anybody watching TWD shows in the future should probably just consider it to be a part of the Z Nation universe instead of the universe that the first five seasons of TWD took place in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BlackBird

Totally agree with that.
    I would say though that they already dropped the ball in Episode 2. The little girl in the pilot and Morgan’s wife were very different zombies than the ones that came after and then Jenner in the S1 finale showed them that the light was basically out in the brain. Nothing but feeding-killing machines.

They should have thought about what the zombies can and cannot do right at the start and define the rules like they did in LoU as you say. And stick to it.

I really liked Morgan’s wife having some vague memory left, that made the zombie so much more interesting. They should have kept them like that all the way through.

They’re now running, climbing, picking up stones to kill and to top it all, picking up knives that are dropped just because it might become useful sometime! Now that’s what we call evolution. Or bad, bad writing. I agree with you on the latter.

14. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I didn't watch any of the episodes live until today I watched all six episodes in one sitting and FF through the ads.

Did I miss something or does it seem like all the "smarter" zombies have masks on? Are they saying whisperers who died became smarter zombies?

The way they are telling the story, with only two episodes left, it does not feel like to me there will be a "typical ending", one where the survivors are settled in a place where they can look forward to a positive future, no imminent threats, and everything kind of buttoned up. The pace looks to me like they will end with a cliffhanger ending and to find out more you will have to catch the spinoffs...I hope I am wrong.

15. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Also, for Ezikiel and the rest to go shield Negan and wife from the firing squad without any indication that it's going to make a difference was illogical, I didn't like the writing there. Just Ezikiel alone? Ok, may be, to pave the road of redemption for Negan, but the rest of the group? Not believable.

#15 Miamicuse, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  16. Stealth

That though was Darabont's take on the TWD universe and they never followed through with it. Maybe now that AMC has given him $200 million in a settlement they feel they can use his ideas. But it's much too late in the game to insert this. It makes everything even more contrived.

17. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Finale : zombie army wearing kevlar helmets and equipped with automatic weapons and rpgs attack bewildered and outgunned humans.

18. tsahi

tsahi Member

We are 10 or 12 years into the apocalypse, and torchlights are still a thing.