Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

For those who still have some love for the show

Discussion in 'Episode 1123 - Family' started by BlackBird, Nov 14, 2022.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I doubt they would live happily ever after cause….people. There would always be the potential for conflict with other surviving groups such as the ones who took Rick, unless we find out they are connected to the CW in this last episode. Not to mention groups surviving all over the US.

They’ve also bent their own rules by introducing smart zombies which would up the danger factor as well.

I would just like a hiatus for most of our TF characters for an implied period of time (yrs) which would give viewers like myself the satisfaction that it was all worth something. Some story lines should be completed like Rick and Michonne’s but I’m not sure about the others unless the writers present us with a damn good compelling reason. Otherwise I’m not really interested as I don’t see it happening.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

That’s a very healthy and stress free way of watching the show! :) We have enough real drama in our lives.

I guess watching the story of these characters with a story focus saves you a lot of heartache. I simply cannot stay detached and I get far too emotionally involved. It’s not a choice thing, it just naturally happens. Especially with TWD, as it’s been such a rich and long story, and these people have been through so much. One thing to say though for being emotionally involved, is that the payoffs are pretty amazing. Prime example:

This mid season finale was everything after all the darkness of 7A.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BlackBird

That could have worked. Arriving into a seemingly safe haven after so long on the road. Of course instead they went from one crisis to the next in Alexandria. Perhaps a good time to stop would have been after the huge horde was dealt with.

Planned as a Christmas holiday treat!!!

#23 BlackBird, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

I guess that was inevitable with a show that spanned over ten years in the apocalypse. The initial horror and panic was bound to wear off as the survivors (and the viewers of the show too) acclimatised to the new world.

That’s a fair statement and you’re right, things began to slip off into surreal and farcical after that: with the introduction of the Kingdom, the junkyard folk, the Saviours… All very far fetched. The show’s feel definitely changed from realistic to more of a modern fairy tale. Viewers had to adapt, or say “well, this is not what we have signed up for”, and get their coats.

I didn’t have a problem with that. This is what humans do. It’s not entirely new in the show either. The Governor used walkers in public entertainment. In a lot worse ways. The idiotic teenagers in Alexandria had a pet walker.

I have far worse issues with the Commonwealth setup than their zombie fairground ride. The CW might just be the most unrealistic community of the entire series, and the bar was already set high.
    These are of course issues with the comic for starters.

#24 BlackBird, Nov 17, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think that's the case with most shows that are conflict based. There's always another threat you can conceive in your mind, but when you end it you do at a point of personal fulfillment and/or tranquility. For instance if we weren't getting the Last Kingdom movie, and it ended with Uhtred at Bebbanburg, we could still assume it's not his last fight. But he still finally reached his goal.

Your point about the smart zombies though, made me think of another problem with the Walking Dead "ending." Putting aside how ridiculous and forced this move was, injecting a new challenge like this at the end of the series leaves you at a point that is too volatile really to feel good for the survivors. Now you're in a similar point when they were at the prison, where they had to constantly watch the perimeter etc. They should've just waited until the spinoffs to introduce this nonsense.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, and a lot of that constant conflict that you mentioned wasn't in the comics, and it just served to drag the story out longer. They did many things wrong, but the lack of having a good tight plan on how the show was going to end, was one of the bigger ones. It wasn't until the pandemic hit that the decided they were going to wrap up the story. But they probably could've even kept Andrew Lincoln on if they had known what the hell they were doing

In the comics Rick took on a lesser role toward the end, so Lincoln could've had a diminished number of episodes and had more time at home. Although, I think a part of him leaving was the crux of Rick's story ended with the death of Carl, another idiotic decision.

So keep Carl alive, move the story forward with purpose and a destination in mind, and I don't think we have the same mess today. There were still many other problems, but this at least would've avoided a complete disaster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’ve stayed until the end. I give a damn about these people. Their struggle.

But I probably won’t watch the spinoffs. I’ve given up on Fear, and never watched Beyond.

For me, it’s time to let these people R.I.P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. BlackBird

Not even the Rick and Michonne spin-off?

• Like Like x 1
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Uh oh. You might have to create an alternate profile and have conversations with yourself about the spinoffs, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlackBird

Lol. Won’t be necessary. Apparently there are still a few people here willing to converse about it. Like yourself. :p You can continue telling me why it’s crap and I can tell you why I still love it. :D

I have no idea how anyone who’s ever loved Rick Grimes’ character will be able to resist seeing him again? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

No. I tried with Fear. They went so far over the edge with the unrealistic nuclear bomb crap, that all the others are ruined for me.
    I will watch tonight’s episode because I am invested in these characters, and even though I already know the outcome, I will watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk