Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Show gives no explanation

Discussion in 'Episode 1124 - Rest In Peace' started by lastcat3, Nov 20, 2022.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

As to how Daryl gets to France. Guess I'll just make a bunch of jokes about it now.

Also doesn't really explain why Negan and Maggie go to New York. As far as I could tell the only explanation they gave was someone asked her 'how the frontier was'.

And no point in saying much about the ridiculous Rosita scene. All I will say is that if you thought the Glenn dumpster scene was ridiculous you havn't seen anything yet.

You know this show was being made on the cheap when a good portion of the scenes in the series finale were taking place with all the characters in a single room.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

They can't have had much spare budget after that unfeasibly enormous explosion. Great fun, great visuals, but it strained credulity.

What credulity? They abandoned it for Rosita's burst of psi energy, sending a crowd of walkers flying purely by force of will. Sure, a mother protecting a baby will draw on reserves of strength & determination, but on the other hand, physics.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I knew we were in for one hell of a ride when the show opened with Judith who was SHOT getting up to close the door to keep the walkers out, before collapsing next to Daryl. Previously she had been delirious and lost too much blood. They should've just given her superpowers and she could be in the next Marvel film.

The only decently written scene was the one between Maggie and Negan where she said she could never forgive him. I wonder if the actors wrote it themselves, since the writers have been so horrendous. It shows that if they put minimal effort into the show it wouldn't have been as terrible as it turned out.

I laughed out loud at that shot toward the end of Michonne riding a horse while wearing some sort of hockey goalie's mask.

It's kind of embarrassing for Danai to come back at this point. Hopefully they're paying her well. And good luck to Kirkman on his $200 million lawsuit against AMC.

• Like Like x 1
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Since I didn’t see a thread to rate the series finale I’ll put my thoughts here. I already went into it with low expectations, willing to let things slide at this point so I surprised myself by actually enjoying it!

First off, I cried through the whole thing at various points so that was a plus for me, lol. Proved that the characters still had the ability to move my emotions even through all this time and some questionable writing.

Then they gave us a reasonably good ending for those who survived, with thriving communities once more AND the scene of Eugene with Max with their baby named Rosie was icing on the cake. Ditto for the other couples who now have some breathing room to enjoy their relationships.

A good conversation between Maggie and Negan which gave us some closure although there was no indication of why they would go off together since Maggie had Hershel safe again with her. For that matter where was Negan’s wife and baby who should have been born and growing by the end of the show? That was a bit of a let down. Their spinoff makes no sense in the context of what we were shown or led to believe in the aftermath of the great zombie immolation.

Daryl going off to find Rick and Michonne was handled reasonably well. Judith had told Daryl what her mom had said to her in the hospital and he waited a whole year before acting on it which gave those who loved him time to get used to the idea of him taking off. Not sure I liked the glimpses we got of where R&M were now but leaving written breadcrumbs presumably for Daryl to find could make sense and propel the spin-off.

I can live with this finale and in my fantasy world will imagine the next generation growing and thriving ready to take on the challenges they certainly will encounter…..off screen of course, until the time when we have some wonderful reunions to look forward to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I did watch it live, which is the only episode in season 10 & 11 I watched live.

Even though the show has gone super surreal and have made it difficult to keep following, I thought the pre show with the red carpet interviews with all the actors dressed up made it more difficult to immerse into the finale because you just saw them all in a different setting. I do however enjoyed the zombie commercials and seeing what Sophie grown up to look like

I like the father Gabriel opening the gate scene.

I like Rosita dying but I don't like how it happened. She should have gone down fighting, but instead the writer wanted to give another go to the "oh no they got her oh wait she made it out of no she really didn't" trick, and she got out with hulk like strength and with the baby clinging to her chest lol. Now if they had written that the baby saved her because the walkers scratched the baby first I might just buy it.

Maggie and Negan had two good interactions and those were the high points.

Never did explain the walkers picking up knives climbing walls turning door knobs. The big circular logic in this is when Pamela asked her lieutenant about the walkers being inside the he walls being impossible, then how will letting people through the gates being helpful if the walkers can eventually climb over the gates, and how did the communities fortify the gates and walls if those are no longer 100% walker proof?

If all it took to round all the walkers together was some music to conveniently get them in a big crowd for the big explosion, why not play the same music on a moving car and just lead them out of the CW? Wouldn't that make more sense?

6. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I kind of like that chuckle from Carol when Daryl said he loves her before he rode off. I thought Carol would say "just look at the flowers".

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah that spinoff doesn't make sense. Only the Rick one does really. Daryl should basically be in that series, not going off in search of Napoleon's secret vault or whatever he's doing in France.

I'm amazed at how bad Gimple is at planning. He really bit off more than he could chew with this franchise. He continues to make mistakes with the spinoffs too.

You barely have viewers now. You lost 90% of your audience from the heights which were 13 million per episode. This season was like 1.3 million so you can't play the "mystery box" approach, of just wait to find out what we reveal.

What they should've done is brought Rick and Michonne back for the finale after clearing most of the Commonwealth nonsense up previously. You give him interactions with all the key characters and the reunions people were waiting for.

Then you have Rick reveal a problem they need to confront that threatens all the communities etc. This gives meaning to various spinoffs because they're taking part in the bigger plan. And then the Rick one can tell us what happened to him etc. Down the line you bring everyone together like a Marvel Avengers thing.

Of course, the height of the show is long gone, but at least you get some buzz from that, people that stopped watching long ago might check out the final episode and say, hey, this might be interesting to watch with Rick in the future. But instead you're just going to have under one million watching these spinoffs now.

It just boggles my mind at how bad they are at this. They claim they want to build a "universe" but everything they do just decreases interest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

For the 3 spinoffs, I am most interested in Rick/Michonne one as I really really want to know the final story of Rick. Michonne definitely will find him. And probably at the end of the mini series, they will begin their journey home to ASZ?

Maggie/Negan's adventure to NYC is also interesting to me as I wish to see an urban setting in ZA. Why they are teamed up? What do they go there and what for? I am curious to know the fate of some iconic structures (Brooklyn Bridge, Holland tunnel....etc)

Daryl's going to Paris is the least attractive idea (I am not a big big Daryl fan). He is going out of CW to look for Rick/Michonne and so we know for sure he will fail as Rick is not in France. Maybe Daryl will meet some French Resistance nice girl? My bet is this Paris thing is mainly to expand the Walking Dead franchise to the European TV market (aka expanding the Walking Dead universe).

If I am not mistaken, all 3 spinoffs are meant to be miniseries of 6 episodes each?

Regarding the finale, Ezekiel becomes the governor replacing Pamela is not realistic. He is a zoo keeper. Not meaning to degrade this 'professional' but it is just not cut to be a leader of a community of 50,000+. Him being the leader/king of The Kingdom is one thing as the group is small. As Pamela said, managing the welfare of such a large population is not easy. Even with Mercer as the second hand is still not enough.
    And, Carol taking Lance Hornsby's job is also odd.

Anyway, looking forward to the new spinoffs.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Just had some thoughts regarding this. Yes, Zeke was a zoo keeper but he had on the job training at the Kingdom. He somehow managed to rise to his position of leader there and kept things running well for a very long time. He was likable, humble, inspirational, reasonable, etc. etc. Qualities that would have translated well as a candidate which made me think he was duly elected leader by the remaining citizens of the CW.

We really don’t know how many people survived after Pam abandoned the ordinary citizens to be eaten by the walkers. He and Mercer might be leading a vastly reduced number.

As for Carol? She’d have been the one I’d pick to head security. She even got Lance’s seal of approval by showing she knew how to suss out people or the situation at hand.

I imagine that Michonne’s charter for the rights and freedoms for the united communities will be used to include the CW as well. Amendments to their “constitution” can be added as the need arises in the future. Good thing Judith had it with her all this time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Nice review, I’m glad you enjoyed it too, we seemed to like it for the same reasons.

I think Negan and family weren’t shown at the end because Negan respected Maggie’s wishes not to be around her as a painful reminder. I liked that.

I didn’t mind at all that they gave us no clues for what will push them to work together again, it will be fun to find out in the spin-off.

I think I’ve read somewhere that Daryl will end up in France against his will. So he might be kidnapped - and yes, it all seems rather far fetched. Let’s wait and see what happens. I’d much rather have had a story of him following in Michonne’s footsteps, picking up clues. With Connie’s help. Another missed opportunity.

I wasn’t sure about Michonne’s new outfit either… seemed like from a different show. Seems like the costumes of that community she encountered when she set off on her journey to find Rick. They all looked very out of place then, in their strange otherworldly clothes and formations.

Rick’s scenes were more engaging. When he looked up at the end, he started to smile… I wonder if this scene is going to be one of the final scenes of the R&M spin-off? Just before they reunite? Can’t wait.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

That was a fantastic moment, probably my favourite in the finale.

A lot more sense. We just needed some fireworks apparently, as it was the finale. :rolleyes: