Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Final Thoughts

Discussion in 'Episode 1124 - Rest In Peace' started by BlackBird, Nov 23, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

This finale for me was a mixture of the utterly brilliant, the spellbindingly beautiful and the desperately sad, - with some completely ridiculous and unnecessarily frustrating sprinkled in. But overall, I’m good with it, and ever so thankful we didn’t get a GoT finale. I believe it was pretty close to the best finale we could have hoped for, with the given parameters of previous artistic mistakes and real life turn of events with Covid and actor availabilities/departures. It is a mostly satisfying end to the main show, with the exception of Rick and Michonne’s absence from TF at the end of the main series. Not to incorporate their return into the main show is very unfortunate and far from ideal, but it is what it is, at least we will still get that story.

What I wish was also different in the finale:

I loved Rosita’s character so I was gutted she died.

Also Luke. A very under-utilised character who I instantly warmed to (fellow music teacher). I think his death impacted me more than most others, but I didn’t like it for many other reasons. He should have been more in the story of late to have a better impact. I think it should have been Magna who died, saving Luke. That would have been much more of a blow, for the viewers and her little group too.

The smart walkers. And how they dealt with them. If they were going to lead them away and blow them up, could that not have happened a bit of a way away from the town?

I would have preferred less action in the finale and more time for the aftermath.

I rolled my eyes out of their socket with Rosita springing up from under the walkers. There are mother tiger superpowers but this was just ridiculous.

Daryl going off on his own at the end made me feel very sad. If someone was not ready to watch the spin-off, this is a devastating end for the character. I was waiting for Connie to run after him to say “I’m coming with you.” That would have been a perfect ending. With Judith and RJ looking out, and waiting for their return, hopefully with Rick and Michonne.

But there was a lot I really loved in the finale:

Mostly that everyone else I cared about, got to live. Rosita’s death was beautifully done. She was such a wonderful, inspirational character.

I loved the optimistic feeling for the future. The sense of community. The unbroken spirit of our survivors, the inspirational leadership.

The Maggie/Negan scene was perfect. The best writing we’ve had for these two. And both actors were phenomenal delivering that scene.

Daryl saving Judith - the anguish and the love of the man for this child - all the way to Judith finally telling Daryl about Rick and Michonne, and the little asskicker/big asskicker exchange. Very heartwarming.

I’m glad they left Pamela alive. Better punishment. And that Carol took her house with all the sass! Love the new leadership. nice to see the old communities being built up again and thriving.

But the best moment for me in the finale and what I think will actually be one of the best moments of the series for me, was Gabriel opening the gates to the CW townsfolk. This is who Gabriel has become. This is who our TF have become, despite all the awful crap they had been though. They have managed to stay and become stellar humans. I loved how the message is that everyone who they’ve lost along the way are still very much part of them.

So yes, I’m good with the finale. Despite that it hasn’t ticked all my boxes, I think overall it was a poignant and a beautiful end to the story. And I’m very happy the story is not completely over yet, with the three spin-offs. And there is still a prospect of the most awaited reunion with Rick and Michonne, Daryl and the kids. And maybe Judith will be right and Daryl will finally get his happy ending.

#1 BlackBird, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You should give The Last of Us a chance on HBO in January. It'll provide that raw struggle for survival feel we had with early Walking Dead, and it has a very human story behind it. It's not just some zombie genre thing. The main character Joel is like a blend of Rick and Daryl. Pedro Pascal who played Oberyn on Game of Thrones has the lead role. I won't give anything more away but you should give it a shot. It premieres on Sunday January 15th.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yes @BlackBird I highly recommend you watch Last of Us when it premieres in about a month and a half. It will make these TWD spinoffs look like fan films in comparison. Think a show about a post apocalyptic world with the production values of Game of Thrones.

Even when I was still really enjoying TWD back in 2014/2015 I still thought the characters in the Last of Us story were done a little better.

Now there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. lastcat3

Sad to think that Walking Dead was almost an HBO show instead of AMC. That's probably why we are getting Last of Us now because HBO realizes that it was a mistake not to pick up TWD back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlackBird

Thank you both, it’s definitely on my watch list. Really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lastcat3

Speaking of which. A new poster was released for the show today

[​IMG]

7. DNK

DNK New Member

I wept in the Rosita scene. She was the one that tried to shoot Negan. The whole superwoman/glenn dumpster scene was a little to much yet heroic.
    The Maggie Negan scene was wonderfull. There both trying and this was done perfectly.
    The episode was overall what i hoped it could be.
    Bringing back luke to kill him of the next episode was a little silly.
    Daryl speech was a very nice one looking back at what Rick said abou bein the walking dead. We aint them made me smile.
    I'm very much looking forward to the spin-offs.
    I did not feel like a final episode. Probably for most of the main characters it is.
    Looking out if some character's will show up in the spin offs. Something tells me we'll see Elijah back with Maggie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Imagine that alternate universe TWD where you have Darabont teaming up with HBO.

I'm guessing we'll get a second trailer drop for The Last of Us in December that they can tease during the holidays on HBO.

9. lastcat3

#9 lastcat3, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  10. lastcat3

Also here is a fun clip released today of the cast talking about the series at one of the Con's going on this weekend.

11. BlackBird

12. lastcat3

Yep. I know you are still enjoying the TWD characters and their story but I think you can tell just by watching this trailer that the production values (and likely the writing as well) are going to be a lot better for this show.