Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl Dixon

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by clone, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought Beth IS ​Negan?

2. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I love how Beth always comes into random threads. Of course, she WAS Daryl's favorite. :)

3. Laurieellen

It's the phenomenon know as Bethwin's Law. [MENTION=23322]westwingnut[/MENTION]

4. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith Bethus, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, even the Almighty. Fear not: I am that first and that last, And am alive, but I was dead: and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen: and I have the keys of hell and of death."

Book of the Delusion 1:4

5. Laurieellen

I'm guessing that's TD's bible? Lol

6. lovedaryl

Of all the MILLIONS of TWD fans, how many people do you think are really in TD? 100? 500? More?

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think there are different degrees of TDers. There are some that think and hope that Beth will make an appearance again, alive. And there are some that are seeing everything in the show as a clue to Beth's return. And they generate some far out theories that they really believe. And I would hazard to guess there are more that what we see, but the hard core believers are maybe a couple of hundred or so. The thing is, if they were going to bring Beth back, there would probably be some obvious clues, like Maggie and Daryl and others talking about her out of the blue. I think that is what alienates people the most, the ones that turn any little thing, like the savior whistling Happy Birthday, into a clue about Beth.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

You're definitely reading too much into it, Johnnie (which is quite common with a show like this). A simpler theory is that in season 1, the production team wanted a cool knife for Daryl, and they chose the Busse Team Combat Gemini. Although its a cool (and lightweight) knife, its also quite expensive.

I think someone in the production team figured dirt poor Daryl couldn't realistically afford a Busse knife, so they crafted that cheap shop school project knife he's carrying now.

#9308 Rapscallion, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  9. zombiemom62

maybe Carol made it for him when she was teaching Cooking, Baking & Weapons 101 Classes at ASZ

10. Rapscallion

@zombiemom62, Daryl took his new knife from the Claimers.

The new knife's handle resembles the Team Gemini in a few distance shots, but the handle's too thin. They're not the same knife.

11. zombiemom62

and they stole it from some dead guy named Norman Reedus, lol.

12. Johnnie Walker

That's what happen when you spend a lot of time reading td theories. Anyway, they could give Daryl a better knife. If they went to a shop, and they find a lot of knives, I think Daryl would choose something better.

About how he get the first one, I think that maybe he stole one. Sometimes, when I get sentimental, I have the idea that Merle was to one who stole it and gave it to little Daryl.

13. Johnnie Walker

14. lovedaryl

I don't know where he got that knife from, but I do know he's still carrying Beth's knife with him. The one Carol gave him in 510.

15. Rapscallion

Daryl's new knife came from the weapons stash they took from the Claimers and buried outside Terminus.

16. lovedaryl

Is that the one that we just saw a pic of Norman holding, that had the name "Norman Reedus" on it? Obviously in the show, it wouldn't say that though.

17. Rapscallion

Yeah, Daryl's been carrying that knife since the escape from Terminus (the crew probably made an extra for Norman with his name on it, as he's admitted to stealing stuff from the set). the knife looks like the previous Busse knife, but the handle's thinner, and has that cutaway pattern.

18. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Can we please keep from talking shit about Beth in this thread? I realize that 98% of the people on this forum hate her, but I'm part of the 2% that don't, and I just want to keep this thread about Daryl.

Yes, he and Beth were friends, but she's dead. So stop the annoying bashing and move the f*u*c*k* on already.

19. zombiemom62

it's the phenomenon known as Bethwin's Law. It just happens. If you need more info about it, call [MENTION=23322]westwingnut[/MENTION] he is the one who identified it. It can't be stopped, accept it. And not all of us hated Beth, but bashing the far out TDer theories is too hard to resist.

20. Johnnie Walker

EITD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]