Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Is the group now stronger or weaker?

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by Nachtbringer, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Well in this episode they met again at the highway there Sophia got lost.
    What do you think which group was "stronger"? Like when they decide not to search for Sophia.

Group 1 when they arrived the first time and Sophia went missing.
    • Rick
    • Shane
    • Glenn
    • Daryl
    • Dale
    • T-Dog
    • Carol
    • Andrea
    • Lori
    • Carl

Group 2 like in this episode.
    • Rick
    • Glenn
    • Daryl
    • T-Dog
    • Carol
    • Lori
    • Carl
    • Hershel
    • Maggie
    • Beth

2. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

Group 2 is definitely stronger. It's a survival of the fittest, right? (Aside from a few, aka Beth and maybe Carol)

Hershel has shown he's good with a gun. So has Carl. So has Maggie. They're all stronger. Especially as they decide not to search for Andrea when they searched for Sophia.

3. Shonen

Shonen Member

Group 2 has more experience and better strategy to deal with walkers. However, they've lost a large shear of capable fighters such as Shane, T-Dog, Lori,and Dale. They have however, picked up a competent medic/farmer by the name of Herschel Green whose able to treat them if they ever got wounded in battle, and provide food for them which will be beneficial long term, and of course Maggie while still not as skilled as Andrea or Shane can hold her own in battle as well, and Carol has now become useful secondary medic. Group 1 has more capable fighters for zombie attacks, but less experience in forming strategies to deal with large walker groups, and due to Rick and Shane's pissing contest at this time their overall cohesion as a group is less stable than the ones in season 3. In addition the skill set for members in group 1 are lacking, with most of them taking the roles of either scouts or fighters, while others are completely useless at this time (Carol) Overall while group 1 has better fighters, Group 2 has overall more experience, leadership skill, and a better skill set in their members when it comes to survival.

#3 Shonen, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  4. Mark Jardine

Mark Jardine Member

Group two have Axel now as well? Or has he not proved himself enough to the group yet for people to call him part of it?

5. pyroknife

pyroknife Member

Here's my analysis from a zombie killing point of view.

Rick from group 2 is approximately the same, maybe a little stronger than group 1 Rick. a little more experience and no more bitches (Lori and Andrea) to annoy him every episode.

Group 2 Glenn is stronger than group 1 Glenn. More experience and more of a badass.

Both groups daryl is pretty much the same.

Group 2 Carol > Group 1 Carol (whiny bitch). She's not as whiny as anymore and can actually kill zombies now.

Group 2 Carl > Group 1 Carl. Older, braver, stronger, more experienced, can shoot a gun, etc...

T-dog=T-dog

Missing Andrea>>>>>>Andrea

Dead Lori>>>>>>>>Alive Lori

hershel=Dale

In terms of zombie killing, Shane>>>>>>Maggie

6. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

This was in season 2 finale, when the group re-grouped at the highway. Axel was still locked away in the cafeteria at this time.

7. Shonen

Shonen Member

Dude Herschel>>Dale.

8. pyroknife

pyroknife Member

9. Shonen

Shonen Member

Herschel brings medical training, farming, and is a good shot. What does Dale bring to the table you ask.... well he's a good morale compass for the group,has transportation, and is somewhat a good at looking out for walkers when on top of his RV. Now, if we compare both, Herschel has more useful skills to survive a zombie apocalypse, while Dale has his insistent bitching whenever the group does something morally grey for survival. I'm sure If Herschel had died and Dale had lived, he would be bitching to Rick for a couple episodes about killing Tomas in cold blood, and state Rick is getting more like Shane.

10. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Yes Axel is not avaiable at that point.
    Same with Andrea, she is not part of Ricks group anymore at that point.

I thought too group 2 was stronger but now I think its group 1.

Rick > GR1 Rick: I think his GR2 skills are as good as his GR1, the only thing that change is his mind.
    So I would do GR2Rick>GR1Rick.
    Glenn = GR1 Glenn because I dont think he got much extra skills through the farm. He could do what he did with his GR1 mindset too. Additional he doesnt have to care about Maggie.
    Daryl = GR1 Daryl
    T-Dog = GR 1 T-Dog
    Carl > GR1 Carl: He has improved a lot, now he is able to kill walkers too.
    Lori < GR1 Lori: In GR1 she still support Rick, but in GR2 she is angry at him because of Shane.

So now the change:
    Andrea, Dale and Shane are gone.
    They get Hershel, Beth and Maggie.

GR1 Andrea is not as badass as at the end of Season 2 but she is much more worth then Beth or Maggie at this point of the story. So
    GR1 Andrea > Maggie > Beth

Dale was always trying to keep the group together. He gaves advice,good lookout and as some say morale compass.
    Im not so sure I would say:
    GR1 Andrea > Dale = Maggie > Beth

Shane was a heavy loss. At GR 1 point of story, he has not killed Otis, so his mind is still "stable".
    He can still teach the other survivers at shooting.
    Shane >>> GR1 Andrea > Dale = Maggie > Beth

Hershel is very skilled too! He is a great addition to the team. But still they switched Andrea, Shane and Dale for Hershel.
    Shane >>> Hershel > GR1 Andrea > Dale = Maggie > Beth

Also at GR1 point, the group has still much more ammunation.
    (Thats only what I think I might change my opinion about that.)

11. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

Based on their skills and experience now, I'd have to say the group is stronger now than it was in the earlier seasons. They are stronger, they've built a trust and strategy for how to survive, and I think that gives them the edge.

12. Shonen

Shonen Member

So T-Dog hasn't improved at all from season 2 in your opinion ?

13. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

I think he is the same.
    But you can tell me if he changed because of something, maybe I just forgot xD"

14. Shonen

Shonen Member

Well in my opinion he seems more calm and collective when it comes to the undead horde. Remember in season 2 when Daryl had to save him from a walker, or in season 1 where he left Merle at the sign of walkers. Yet in season 3 we see him fighting side by side, with Glenn,Rick,and Maggie when they first got the prison.

15. pyroknife

pyroknife Member

I never asked for an explanation. I answered my own question.

16. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Yes, but that first happened after many months from the point where they met again at the highway.
    Then they are at the prison even Carol can shoot and Maggie is a killer too ;)
    But back at the highway T even wanted to escape because of his fear to the coast.

I will watch again Season 2, and this time look a T and how and if his behaviour change.
    Because I can understand that you are chocked when a zombie herd suprises you.
    I dont know if GR2 T would do anything different in that situation.

Ok I think T is slightly > GR1 T-Dog.

17. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

I think Group 1 was stronger, thought they both have ups and downs (no medic before g2).

In group one we have Shane, Andrea, and Dale, who are later replaced with Maggie, Beth, and Hershel at point 2.

Hershel is slightly better in terms of contributing to the group than Dale but we also loose Andrea and Shane, who are much better contributions to the group than Maggie and Beth. Sure Maggie gets a backbone later on and starts contributing, but she and Beth weren't that great in the beginning. Compare toShane and Andrea, who definitely could have contributed in some way (I say this because Andrea was sick for the first 8 months or so). Beth is really just a deadweight; Lori is too but it wasn't like she wasn't in the group before.

Of course Carl has his setback too but that can easily be remedied by more training and stuff so I wouldn't make a big deal over it.

Rick didn't change much except for his mindset but I think he'd get used to it and change (albeit probably slower than he did). And we have Shane. So that's a plus.

G1 Lori > G2 Lori. At least she wasn't whining because
    [​IMG]
    G1 still have to go through change and stuff, so it's not like Shane's death propelled the group to do awesome things. They would have changed or died. So I choose G1 over G2.