Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What vehicle would you want?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Loc, Jun 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

If you could train some zombies to carry you around then you would save on gas.

[​IMG]

2. legokiba213

legokiba213 Member

[​IMG]

I would take speed over strength.

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Nice - plus the camo is definitely a bonus!

4. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

How about the Mad Max car?

[​IMG]

5. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Badass! That would be killer.

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Ok this would be perfect. Plus if you tossed in a little Hasselhoff then its a win!

[​IMG]

7. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

A horse. Gasoline breaks down and becomes unusable after a few months in a storage tank, but grass stays good as long as it keeps growing. No engine noise, very little maintenance, no need for roads, ability to travel through rivers and streams (if they are slow/shallow enough), no replacement parts, and if you want more 'vehicles', you just need to find another horse of the opposite sex and play some romantic music, then wait a few months.

8. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't even know what this thing is

[​IMG]

9. Weezer

Weezer New Member

ever been on a horse when it smells something dead? I agree tho, gas is problematic. However, not knowing how fast this came on, I wonder if gas stabilizers are still sitting in stores shelves? How many gas stations still have full tanks, how many abandoned cars still have full tanks?

One would need a hand pump to get out the gas, but I would want something with really long range so that I don't have to get out and do this very ofter.

10. AVC

AVC Member

Diesel fuel. It's an oil, unlike gasoline (petrol) which is a hydrocarbon. The only problem with diesel (also known as distillate) is that is can get contaminated with water, but with reasonable filters on the vehicle you can separate it out. A cup of metho in the tank will dissolve it somewhat too.

So definitely a military diesel truck. probably the Merc Unimog. They will go anywhere and crush plenty. Great visability, and a gun cupola on the top. You need height, AND you need carrying capacity. Another good one is the Bushranger. Tanks and most armour is useless because they just burn way too much fuel. Most military trucks have good range, and they're not too noisy.

Maybe an ASLAV in the convoy would come in handy. (Like a big 6 wheel light armoured vehicle).

I love that tracked smart car! lol

11. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, the ASLAV is a bad ass vehicle. I would totally drive that

12. Hyperhonda

Hyperhonda New Member

Batmobile - THE TUMBLER is FTW!!!

[​IMG]

#32 Hyperhonda, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  13. Dai101

Dai101 New Member

Talking about diesel, i'll go with one of this:

[​IMG]

#33 Dai101, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
  14. lawilm

lawilm New Member

Good news is I got access to all three of these! I am ready...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. AVC

AVC Member

Lawilm, love the third one! Complete with battering ram add-ons, lol.
    Problem is, they are road vehicles, I would definately go for an all wheel drive

16. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I'd be inclined to suspect that horse noses are sensitive enough that in a zombie apocalypse, they'd be smelling death all the time anyway. People used to ride horses into masses of soldiers with spears and axes, so I think with enough time, horses might stop being such sissies all the time.

If it weren't for the overpopulation in southeast asia, I think the Mahouts would do well - the guys who use elephants for logging in the jungle. An elephant has skin too thick for humans to bite through, they run almost as fast as a horse, and they can crush zombies to death without even trying. However, male elephants in musth (musth = a male version of going into heat, involving insane amounts of testosterone) are psychotic and lethal, and all elephants need hundreds of pounds of food every day.

If you have plenty of diesel fuel, and if that fuel is still good, a massive dump-truck would be great. Weld a rebar cage over the top of the dumper bin, stretch canvas over it, and cut firing holes in the walls of the bin. Your group can ride in the bin, with all your gear (strapped down); if there is a problem, they can help defend the truck. The cab door on a really big dump truck is about 5 feet off the ground, and can only be reached by a ladder. The walls of the dumper bin are even higher, probably 10-12 feet or so. Weld a makeshift cow-catcher on the front, or attach one of those huge, V shaped plows highway crews use.

Most modern militaries now have Armored Personnel Carriers specialized for engineering and demolition work. They hold a dozen men, and are designed to clear vehicles/armor from a roadway very quickly, and can do so without any men leaving the APC. They carry spare parts, tools, and extra fuel, as well as demo equipment, and most have at least one machine gun turret. There are also APC's converted into rolling medical triage units and ambulances, and of course most APC's are designed for actual combat and are heavily armed. All APC's have an almost unnecessary amount of armor, if the only enemies are zombies.

17. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

But without a doubt, the vehicle I'd want more than anything else in a zombie apocalypse would be a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 with optional Flux Capacitor. With that, I could go back to pre-zombie times and warn people. When they ignored me and/or laughed at me, I would go back to the zombie future, fill the car with zombies, and send it back to the pre-zombie times as revenge. Which would make ME the reason the zombie apocalypse happened.

18. evicfinite

evicfinite New Member

i'd get a hybrid vehicle, would get 50+ mpg, perfect! or a clean diesel car, aka audi A3, VW TDI, etc, would get 40+ mpg.. oh yeah , not having to worry to much about fuel...

19. AVC

AVC Member

Yeah, why have a tough, kick ass vehicle when you can save the planet?

Here's your car:

[​IMG]

20. Chreees

Chreees Member