Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I'm sorry - could Andrea get any dumber?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by Alina, Mar 19, 2013.

1. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

TBH though that thread is kind of an asshole.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

An unwiped, shitty asshole. Yes.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Andrea definitely made the wrong decision in not killing the Governor. That's not really up for debate, he was a psychopath and she was naive enough to believe that his life could be spared.

Kind of sucks that she was never able to grow from that, though. It would have been fantastic for her character to come to realise that some people just couldn't be saved. I wish there were more emphasis during the later part of S3 on her wanting to save Woodbury from the Governor. She'd spent the entire season there, was beginning to become respected as something of leader there.

Once she realised what the Governor really was, they (the writers) probably should have played up her sense of duty to the innocent Woodburians. It would have made her seem less dumb and delusional and more justified.

#223 BatmansHooker, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  4. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

You know the writers did a bad job with Woodbury and Andrea when people were happy she died, while sad Merle, a racist who hoped Tdog died slowly, got tears.

We should have seen Woodbury unfold through just Andrea's eyes and should have been dubious of Michonne as a new character.

5. HondaS2kXD

Hey, that's not true.

I didn't quite cry when Merle died. ;)

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

They cut out all of the decent scenes they were going to write for her character so that we could have Daryl feeding babies and Tyreese / Allen's soap opera love triangle. A salient decision by the fantastic Mazzara! Emmies all around.

Seriously though, the least they could have done was leave her alive as opposed to telling Laurie Holden a day before filming that she was being killed off then calling her to refilm the scenes months later.

7. HondaS2kXD

That is another thing I will agree with you on, aside from Eugene with the Sex and Queen Bitch Death Star Pokemon Rambol Carol:

Glen Mazzara deserves to be shot in the knees and then beaten to death with a crowbar-- both for the shittiness of the writing, and for the way he handled the situation as a whole. Or, as a hole. An ass hole.

8. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

If only Gimple had taken the reigns after Darabont, considering how he's transformed the characters of Sasha, Michonne, Carol and others. His biggest failing was probably Tyreese to be honest. I have zero doubt that he would have fixed the issues people had with Andrea and Lori particularly. We'd also have most likely had Dale around for much longer. The biggest problem being that Carol would probably have died during the prison arc under his watch and i really don't like the idea of a world without Death Carol, the grandma pokemon rambol.

9. HondaS2kXD

Agreed on all.

I am a total Gimple fanboy. I will also list the Beth/hospital arc as a shortcoming-- but as a fanboy i will say that might have been because he realized it was a golden opportunity to capitalize on bethyl viewership and then troll them. Yeah. *confidently nods.*

But yeah. Gimple is as big a comic nerd as any of us on the forums. (Ehh. Maybe... There is jwcoombs... Idk...) He would've done through seasons 2 and 3 exactly what he did in 4 and 5. All the comic awesomeness, with just enough differences to keep us on our toes. Season 2 wouldn't have devolved into a soap opera. Dale would've still been alive. Andrea wouldn've been written in a way that didn't make her look like such an asstard. (Sorry) The prison arc might have actually gone correctly-- the governor invasion done richt the FIRST time, with Badass Andrea as a sniper.

*gasps*
    Beth might never have existed!!!

Quick. I need you to track down some plutonium and a flux-capacitor. I'll find a DeLorean.

10. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

If we're going that far, we might as well make sure Darabont remains Showrunner with Gimple as the head writer, i'm pretty sure that would have been the perfect duo considering how enjoyable (In my personal opinion) the one episode they did together was (203 - Save the last one). Unfortunately that was Darabont's final written episode for the series before Mazzara took over with 'Cherokee rose'... how we didn't see S3 coming is actually a little scary.

Like you, i'm a Gimple fanboy but i prefer Darabont because in my opinion his only real failing was the Vatos which to be fair, was written by Kirkman. It doesn help though that the actors playing them in that episode were absolutely awful (other than Abuela of-course). I didn't mind the CDC episode suprisingly although i desperately hated that ridiculous video presentation simply for how silly it looked.

But yes i do agree and there's no need to apologise for the Andrea comment. I may have strong feelings on the character and defend her but truth be told, it takes a lot effort to try and defend a lot of godawful writing the character suffered throughout seasons 2-3.

11. HondaS2kXD

meh. I loved the pilot, but remain a bit of a critic of Darabont. I don't like the intelligent walkers and am not as impressed with most of season 1 as most people are.

[​IMG]

12. BatmansHooker

Killing her was probably the worst way to conclude the Woodbury/Andrea arc, if I'm being honest. I know a lot of people were fed up with her by the end and felt that there was nothing left to salvage, and in the eyes of much of the audience she was heavily tarnished, but ending it that way just felt like a waste.

Despite the mis-steps in S3 (and beforehand), there was potential there for Andrea. It still just bothers me that her death made following her story all throughout season 3 so redundant. Nothing was gained from it, her character didn't grow or develop. When she finally had a chance to grow and challenge the Governor and head in a brighter direction, they opted to simply off her instead. I'll never understand what the writers (Mazzara in particular) were thinking with that.

13. BatmansHooker

Darabont/Gimple would be the dream team. Darabont's cinematography and overall artistic and story direction with Gimple's characterisation and writing. Brilliant.

Gimple's done a fine job since taking the reigns from Mazzara, but there are certain elements he lacks in. I feel like at times he needs a little guidance.