Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul?

Discussion in 'Breaking Bad' started by Bassman, Apr 9, 2013.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I have the perfect title for that; "Half Man"

2. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

To be fair, I think "Saul" is going for more of a comedic angle, whereas BB was more dramatic.

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

True. I just don't think Saul was really all that funny, though. They know there's a huge fan base out there that will flock to another show based in the BB world. But is Saul really the best choice? We're all supposed to go from watching a well crafted dark crime drama to watching a probably somewhat lighter, but still slightly dark comedy? Bad move in my opinion. And while there will no doubt be a fan base for the show, I don't think the grittier fans of BB will care for it. Then again, I could be completely off base.

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

See....this is why I love rabs. Makes his point, no BS. Newbs, take note.

I personally LOVE Saul. His sidewalk lawyer schtick was perfect, IMO. Could it be awful? Absolutely. I'll give it a chance.

6. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Saul was shady but there was no indication that he had a history of being THAT shady, so it's not going to be easy to make it all fit. Mah, I'm not even looking forward to it, TBH.

7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

So how do all y'all feel now? I quite enjoyed the first season of Better Call Saul. You really feel for Jimmy and what he's home through to try to live up to the expectations of his big brother Chuck, for example. Great writing here, even if not so life and death as BB.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench New Member

I thought it was a decent show. It's only been the first season & there's a lot to explore here. Especially concerning Ehrmantraut who I love learning more about. Given the level of good writing I stopped being concerned about all the Easter egg Breaking Bad connections.