Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Carol Peletier

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by mandei2624, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

[MENTION=70142]WalkingBuckeye[/MENTION] and myself said this stuff in the spoilers section, just though I'd post it here too considering they are Carol posts

OK, my husband has gone to get more champagne (gotta love sundays) so I have some time to reply to this.

This is such a great post and I agree with so much of what you've said. Carol is SUPER complex, and to me she is one of the realest characters on the show, and although I don't know if I always agree with what she does (such as scaring the shit out of Sam, and there for contributing to his mental breakdown) I understand why she does them. I did say in my last post in this thread that she can sometimes be impulsive and rash, but again, I understand why she does the things she does. She is NOT a perfect person, but she would rather err on the side of caution instead of not do anything/show someone mercy, and risk something terrible happen as a result.

Seeing Carol as the person who enjoys survival the least is such an on point observation; she is very good at detaching herself from the things she has to do, but she still does them. She is most definitely an apt survivor, but you can tell she has the weight of the world on her shoulders, and she hates what she has to do to ensure the survival of her family. But she will ALWAYS do what needs to be done, and this is precisely why I worry about her. Suppressing all the things (Sophia, Lizza and Mika, Karen and David, Terminus, The Wolves, Sam) are going to start to get to her, to the point that she is starting to have tunnel vision, and basically doesn't trust anyone at all, and questions even Rick's decisions to trust people, which is saying quite a lot. I am not saying this is wrong of her, because that has become her role in the group, but you can just see that it's depleting her, this constant hyper vigilance, and I don't know how long she can actually continue on this path. It must be incredibly exhausting and the temptation to give up must at times be overwhelming (which puts me in mind of her death in the comics...)
    And it's true that you say she has completely let go of personal happiness. This is something you can see most people in our group struggling with in their own ways (specifically Abraham at this point) but by the time they made it to ASZ, she has fully embraced the role of protector, with out any regard to her own feelings or desires.

By saying I worry about her (which I say all the time..broken record here) it's not because I disagree with her, but because she is such a complex character I can see her going down many different paths, when all I want for her is to find peace. I think it would be a damn shame if they killed her off this season, she is one of the best characters on the show and still has a long way to go.

I actually had a dream last night that she got bit on the head by a walker and died. It was devastating.

And my husband is back! Perfect timing. Have a wonderful Sunday all

2. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Carol has become one of my favorite characters over time. I like that we've gotten to see her journey from scared and abused wife/mother, to the strong/protective woman she is today. I feel like she needs to sit down with some of these other characters and tell them how it is. Kill or be killed. There's no room for someone who isn't willing to fight for the sake of the group. I also wanna see her kick Morgan's ass. That REALLY needs to happen. She needs to tell him and the rest to shape up or GTFO, lol.

3. Melo

Melo Active Member

its been a long since the last time i really liked carol!

4. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I hope Carol is one of the last characters standing. After everything she's been through, I want to see her standing strong as a survivor at the end of the series.

5. Shonen

Shonen Member

I think Carol is doing to die next episode from seeing this

[video]https://youtu.be/ydAkqD4SpJM[/video]

Any person that ended up getting a BF/GF died soon after.

Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I think/hope they'd only kill her off if MMB wanted to leave the show.

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

rewatching that clip, makes me think how she really needed that vote of confidence from him, all the terrifying things that she did and he saw them as being strong and doing the hard thing. she needed to hear that from someone when she is questioning those very actions about herself. If another original cast member dies this season, I'd say she is safe at least until S7. I kind of want to see her and Negan interact. I wonder who will be afraid of who.

8. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

Yes, it was nice of Tobin to let her know she did what she felt she had to do.

But there is NO WAY Negan is going to quake in his boots at Carol. Personally, if it's got to be one of the Atlanta 5 that dies this season, my bets are on Carol.

9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Negan might see something in Carol and something she does that he at least has a healthy respect for her. Maybe she can bring him flowers.

10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

@ Hedwig and [MENTION=7978]Walking[/MENTION] buckeye: Everything you each say about Carol's complexity as a character is on the money. Right now, the story is doing a couple of interesting things with her:

* She killed two people, out of a belief she was doing the right thing, and Rick exiled her. Right now, Morgan got people killed out doing what he thought was right and-- even though Carol violently disagreed with him--she's keeping quiet about what he did, and persuading others to keep quiet, because she know Rick would exile him. It's pretty fascinating that she's still mad at him and won't try to personally reconcile with him, but she's protecting him from getting kicked out.

* Carol didn't rat out Tyrese for not being able to kill people, either -- although maybe that wasn't as clear to her since shortly afterward, she and Darryl took for to chase the Grady cops.

* I don't know how Carol had the strength to put down Lizzie and still keep going. Protecting Judith, I guess, was a real motivator. But she also had the strength to confess to Tyrese about killing Karen and David and give him her gun, saying, do what you have to do. That is some hard core courage.

* Now, as the wheel turns: Carol rescued Rick and all the non-Alexandrian people from certain, imminent death at Terminus. Now it looks like they are going to have to rescue her. Will they do as good a Job? I sure hope so.

I like the way Carol's story keeps twisting its many threads and the little taste of parallels to earlier situations.

11. lovedaryl

You make really good points. But help me with one thing. I was never really clear on the Morgan thing. What was that conversation Carol and Morgan had at Sam's gravesite about? Were they talking about how Morgan had that wolf held captive? There was a scuffle and he escaped. I don't think that's Morgan's fault... I'm so not clear on any of this part of the story! Who did Morgan "get people killed doing what he thought was right"? Doing what? Help explain it to me. Thanks! :)

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Morgan straight up body slammed Carol to the ground and knocked her unconscious allowing the wolf to escape with Denise as a hostage. He also allowed 5 wolves to escape ASZ and they later shot up the RV and almost killed Rick. They wolves were rampaging in Alexandria murdering people and Morgan let them go/refused to kill them, which therefore means they are free to continue pointlessly killing people.

#1352 Hedwig, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  13. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Carol pissed me off in the latest episode... She has definitely caught the Morgan Flu...

#1353 Ron Lambert, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  14. lovedaryl

You mean, Carol, I take it, not Carl.

I KNEW people would get annoyed if Morgan started rubbing off on Rambo Carol! Haha.

Carol has always annoyed me. But I do like the inner turmoil she's been facing in the last few episodes. It shows her human side (finally) after being such a hardass killer. It's catching up with her. I think her arc is coming to a close.

#1354 lovedaryl, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  15. lovedaryl

I remember him body slamming her because she threatened to kill him, yes, and that scuffle, and then the wolf escaped. I don't think that was Morgan's fault.

It WAS his fault about the 5 wolves that escaped and took the gun. I just didn't think that's what carol was referring to, or if she was even aware of that. B

ut yeah, I guess it was the fight and the wolf escaping part.

16. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Or opening up a whole new chapter

17. Melo

Melo Active Member

carol was awesome in this ep, maggie too, but it just made me think that maybe carol or even maggie is gonna be the victim of lucille, i dont know pfff...

18. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Yeah- typo- Edited- thanks.

But I have seen enough of her human side when she was getting told twice (*_*) in the first season by the abusive D_Bag.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

When the wolves attacked Alexandria, Morgan was there to fight them off. But he let four or five of them go, telling them to change their lives. Those four or five attacked Rick in the RV. Although Rick killed them, their bullets shot up the RV and Rick couldn't get it started, so he couldn't lead the herd away from Alexandria when they showed up. So when the half of the herd that had been attracted to the horn blowing showed up by the RV, Rick ran for his life and led them to Alexandria. When the tower fell due to the fire the wolves had earlier started, Alexandria got overrun with walkers. All of which would have never happened if Morgan hadn't let the wolves go. (Yeah, as Rick would say -I get it, its a couple of jumps of logic to blame Morgan for this -- because Morgan did help save Alexandria (temporarily by chasing them away). But the last straw for Carol was finding the Big Bad Wolf locked up for future rehabilitation when -- as he told Morgan -- he would kill everybody if he got loose because that's who he was.

Maybe I'm wrong -- but I think the conversation at Sam's grave site was about all of what happened because Morgan let those first four of five Wolves go, more so than the Big Bad Wolf. Hadn't thought about it before -- but Sam wouldn't be dead if those walkers had never flooded Alexandria.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yeah -- while I don't like where Rick is going, I don't like where Carol seems to be leaning. But, whatever Morgan flu she may have caught, she got over it in the last episode. They're going to be down on terrific fighter if she doesn't stay over it. STAY TOUGH CAROL! No Morgan flu allowed.