Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What type of people would you want in your Group?

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Loc, Jun 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I would have to go with

1. A doctor or anyone in the medical field.
    2. Someone that has military back round
    3. Someone who knows how to build stuff like a construction worker
    4. scientist or biologist
    5. One of the dudes from strongest man competition
    6. survivorman Les Stroud or the dudes from dual survival
    7. Mythbuster crew
    8. Farmer

So who would you guys pick to be in your group?

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Do we have a limit? Maybe 5?

3. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I just did what I could think of. about 5 to 10

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Well lets see:

1. A butcher who is used to cutting meat.
    2. A gunsmith who knows his weapons.
    3. Survivorman
    4. Bob Ross (so he can get whacked)
    5. Any hot female so I can have someone to hit on.
    6. A Doctor or Nurse
    7. See #5
    8. Marine or Special Ops guy.
    9. Bob Barker (it would be weird)
    10. Auto Mechanic

5. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh c'mon, Bob Ross was awesome! Didnt even think about a mechanic, good call. lol @ bob barker. "the price is wrong bitch!"

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

LMFAO....this is what happens when I drink and post, magic happens! lol

7. AVC

AVC Member

1 - A couple of soldiers / law enforcement
    2 - A medic (I cover off the first two, but a few more would be handy)
    3 - A mechanic
    4 to 10 - Horny chicks

8. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Lol AVC...love 4-10.

9. Hyperhonda

Hyperhonda New Member

Ima answer it a lil'bit serious here.

Me, I like a group of 5.

1st a sexy n beautiful nurse who quite good on medical
    2nd an Asian martial artist who mastered in melee weapon combat
    3rd a sexy driver n also a mechanic (e.g. like Megan Fox on Transformers 1)
    4th a hot looking great body shaped army girl who was an military instructor
    5th a kid who good at computer and electrical

10. Dai101

Dai101 New Member

The Mythbusters crew + Bear Grylls. PROBLEM ZOMBIES?

11. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

1. Superman
    2. Godzilla
    3. Milla Jovovich
    4. Max Brooks
    5. Paul McCartney
    6. Shaun (of the Dead)
    7. Someone with a pet monkey
    8. Daryl
    9. Homer Simpson
    10. Kari Byron

12. navyvinny

navyvinny New Member

1.Chuck Norris
    2.Bob Smith(From Project Zombiod ;D)
    3.Some Mechanic
    4. A doctor... or a vet.
    5. Mechanic
    6. John Locke(LOST)
    7. The kid from Zombie Lands.

13. Chreees

Chreees Member

I would want people I can trust.

14. evicfinite

evicfinite New Member

to be serious it would be: narrowed down to 5, since anymore would be calling on zombies to eat you. plus would be hard to lead.

1. special force/delta force guy, he's useful cause he is quick and proficiently at killing, just what we need, plus he's verse in explosive, weaponizing, etc.
    2. field medic, better then a doctor, cause he makes due with what he has. also doctors can't work under zombie pressure, but a field medic is damn good at working under high combat pressure and isn't scared to run to you when you scream, MEDIC!
    3. mechanic, oh yeah these people are useful, you will always need a damn ride to get you around.
    4. Hunter/farmer, cause you have to eat and scavenging for food sucks bad. but a hunter could get you a damn rabbit to eat. or some rats. whatever it takes to survive.
    5. a smart guy, aka a guy like macgyver, or a person who can quickly think on his feet, because in tough corners you'll need a guy who can think of a quick escape or a way to survive when faced with 10,000 zombies rushing you.

15. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

Ok, I have put some thought into this question and have come down to the top 5 contenders. I would like to keep my crew small so it would be easier to move around and it would also mean more supplies for everyone.

1: Me – Former Marine, Police Officer, Outdoorsman
    2: A Medic – Preferably a combat medic because they work great under pressure
    3: Survivalist - Someone who is good at reading terrain is necessary as well be able to hunt for food and, know some about poisonous plants.
    4: My Partner – I gotta be able to trust someone to have my back 100%
    5: A Combat Correspondent – Someone who is military trained, and can handle themselves, but on the other hand, someone who can document what has happened in the world. Because this plague is not going to last forever and someone needs to tell the story.

I must say that the first 4 were pretty easy, and I had to put allot of thinking in to the 5th member of my crew. And I came up with the Combat Correspondent because history is very important and there needs to be some type of documentation.

Lastly the families i.e. wives and children of the fabulous 5 would make up the other half of this group.

16. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

And if my previous group dont work:

Chuck Norris

17. guitarjam

guitarjam New Member

Well, ideally 1-3 besides 4-10 could be hot babes also right?:Grin: Scratch law enforcement though, after the end of the world the last thing I need is somebody clinging to a authority personality. Which brings me to what I really would want for people around me (besides hot babes). I'd want reasonable and fair people with insight. Then again that's what I want around me in the real world anyway, besides hot babes.:Grin:

18. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....let's see

1) Definitely a medic or doctor/nurse....preferrably one that looks like Johnny Depp or Colin Farrell
    2) Daryl Dixon
    3) Mechanic/Handy Man type, this one should be hot as well...say the cowboy from Hell on Wheels.
    4) Survivalist
    5) Weapons expert...be it military, cop, whatever...maybe this guy can look like Christian Bale
    6) River from the movie Serenity...she's one badass killing machine and kind of cute too
    7) Cook...someone who can turn dirt into a gourmet meal (this might fall under Survivalist)
    8) Mila Jovovich...has experience with zombie like creatures and is super hot...I'll need help with all these men
    9) Maybe a Predator if he can be taught not to kill the living.
    10) Snoopy because he just makes everyone feel good

19. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Rick Grimes,Daryl Dixon, John Reese and Ripley -Alien - and Laura Croft

20. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I wouldn't be overly concerned about having too many survivors in my group, provided there was enough space/food/water/etc for everyone to get by. I certainly wouldn't want to start off with a group of hundreds or thousands, but if the original group grew gradually over time and we found the space and resources to accomodate the growth, then the more the merrier. Obviously, I'd rather not bring on lots of strangers before I figured out whether I could trust them or not.

There are a few people I would (seriously) want around. I love the fact that everyone had the Mythbusters idea too - if I had a large group of people, I'd love having them around. Not just to watch Adam and Tory hurt themselves, either: they are brilliant people with a tremendously valuable skill set, a vast combined knowledge of science, and lightning quick, adaptive engineering-oriented minds. And Kari... a hot, funny, artsy, funky, cool woman with a big sexy brain.

But I digress. Most of these have been said before, but they are so essential that you have to include them. Anywho, here goes my list of what areas of previous expertise I'd be most excited about.

1. Medical: A medical doctor or two would be great, but I'd be happy with an RN or EMT, or even an experienced veterinarian like Herschel.

2. Construction: We will need to build homes/storage buildings/defenses/structures at some point(s), and I would feel safer if these projects were coordinated by someone who knows what he/she is doing.

3. Farming: Most canned foods have a shelf life of 2-3 years, tops, so if you plan on living longer than that, you need to start growing your own food. This isn't like growing a little garden in your backyard for fun - your life (and the lives of everyone in your group) will be depending on these crops. Therefore, it makes sense to have not one, but several farmers, to help divide the workload and also to ensure that if one farmer dies, another person with similar experience will take his/her place. More importantly, I would like to have livestock (dairy cattle, pigs, sheep, and chickens) as well as crops on my 'farm', so multiple skill sets will be needed.

4. Military: If I were trying to survive the zombie apocalypse, I'd want some military types around - preferably including an officer or two and some combat engineers, as well as regular infantry - to train my group and turn them into a small army of sorts. The other advantages of having military men around have already been mentioned.

5. Mechanics/Carpenters/General Handymen: We will need all sorts of vital work requiring technical skill and experience; I for one have neither, so I'll need to find people who are more mechanically competent. Their work will cover everything from vehicle maintenance (until the fuel runs out in 2 years or so), operating heavy machinery, and making tools and weapons, to repairing leaks, installing plumbing, and maintaining our base.

6. Blacksmith/Metalworker: Since my zombie apocalypse plans include an eventual switch from vehicles to horses, I will need a blacksmith who can shoe our horses. Because my plans also include cool medieval weapons, I will need a blacksmith even more.

7. Archery Instructor/Bowyer: As alluded to in other threads, I'd start preparing for life without bullets long before the existing supply of ammo runs out, and what better way to do that than by learning to make/use bows and arrows from a pro?

8. Horse-Handler/Riding Instructor: Gas/Petrol will be useless after a year or so, and diesel will only a year or so beyond that. Since horse engines run on grass, they will eventually reclaim their position as humanity's main alternative to walking everywhere. Besides, if shit gets REALLY bad and you run out of food, would you prefer to eat a car or a horse?

9. Charcutier: Charcuterie is the French term for sausages, cured meats, and salted meats; a Charcutier is one who makes Charcuterie for a living. Historically, all of these branches of cooking - sausages, dried and cured meats, etc) came about as methods of preserving meats for long periods without refrigeration, and without your customers/diners/employers dying of botchulism or trichinosis or something. The chemicals used to preserve meats are used because they are incredibly poisonous - they kill botulinum bacteria in tiny doses, but 2/3 of a teaspoon of it in one dose would kill a human. Hence the usefulness of a person who can make meats last all year long without poisoning everyone.

10. Yo' Momma. 'Nuff said.

There are other, less important jobs that would still be useful: A seamstress (or seamster?) will be handy when most of the clothing stores are surrounded by zombies, burned out by fires, or just reclaimed by birds, bugs, and rodents who tear the clothes to shreds for nesting material and/or shit all over them. Since I'm heading to Ireland when the zombies appear, and Ireland is composed of 97% sheep (3% land/water/plants/other animals/people) I'll have a lot of wool available, as well as people who know how to spin and weave it. If possible, I'd like to have someone with experience skinning and tanning animal hides (cows, deer, sheep, pigs) into leather, for clothing, armor, and other gear. If you are doing heavy fortification or construction work, knocking out a problematic bridge, building a drawbridge, etc, an engineer would be very helpful indeed. A cobbler (shoe maker) would also be necessary after animals, fire, and the weather take their toll on the stuff still sitting in stores. A wilderness survival guy might be nice, but an obsessive wild edibles (plants and fungi) expert - like this guy - might be nicer.

If my group eventually expanded to the size of a community, with hundreds or thousands of people, I'd want to find some people with skills and knowledge that are less practically uselful, but still incredibly important (to me). There would be kids around, so I'd want to have people around who could teach them about the larger world (and universe) around them. I'm an astronomy buff, and I think astronomy teaches people their proper, insignificant place in the universe, so I want a Neil deGrasse Tyson/Michio Kaku type of guy with us (I'm pretty sure Stephen Hawking will be one of the first people the zombies catch, unfortunately). Also an evolutionary biologist like E.O. Wilson or Robert Sapolsky.

#20 fatbrett2, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011