Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

College Football

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mikey, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I hope the family is keeping all sharp objects out of your reach during this stretch of "football" by the Longhorns.

2. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

And now Bevo is sick! :(

3. Kilroy was here

[​IMG]

4. Kilroy was here

[MENTION=26751]TheWalkingHorn[/MENTION]. Texas with the win in the Red River Rivalry.

5. TheWalkingHorn

This one's for Bevo! Oh my god that was amazing. I'm on the way back to Austin right now with some gnarly tan lines! Wooooooo!

6. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

So?!?
    [​IMG]:Grin:

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Steve Sarkisian, the head football coach of the USC Trojans, has been put on leave after failing to show up for a team practice because he was intoxicated. His problem has been an open secret for some time, and last August he let loose a stream of profanities when addressing a crowd at a preseason rally, which he later blamed on a combination of alcohol and "medication".

On the one hand, it's baffling that such a prestigious program would allow their HC to go completely off the rails before taking action. On the other hand, it is the nature of most institutions to turn a blind eye to such things.

In the meantime, my California Golden Bears lost a close one at #5 Utah, and kept their #23 ranking.

Cal student-athletes must have a 3.0 GPA to get in. That's well-above the current NCAA requirement, which was recently raised from 2.0 to 2.3. Earlier this year I met a woman who got her doctorate from USC who thought that Cal's higher standards would hurt their program. Her son is in his second year at Cal and thought they were a good thing.

Update: USC fired Sarkisian. If they are smart they will also fire Pat Haden, the AD who hired him. Not that things will change much. They have a culture of indifference to anything but winning when it comes to football.

#467 westwingnut, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  8. TheWalkingHorn

Bevo XIV has bovine leukemia and will be retired. He's been one hell of a mascot for us, and seen some pretty amazing games. I hope he's able to live out the rest of his life happy and without pain. Thanks, Bevo!

[video=youtube;O14N1zJ1AQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O14N1zJ1AQE[/video]

9. TheWalkingHorn

10. Kilroy was here

The Head Ball Coach retires midseason; things must be pretty bad in the locker room.

11. westwingnut

Holy frijole.

Michigan State 27, Michigan 23.

[video=youtube;CDmjlWXA2Co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDmjlWXA2Co[/video]

12. westwingnut

It's Big Game week for my Golden Bears. They are 11-point dogs to Furd, and if I bet on sports I would probably bet on the Tree.

Nevertheless, hope springs eternal. Besides, it gives me an excuse the re-post one of my favorite videos. I was there.

[video=youtube;1Ka2TWrAdqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ka2TWrAdqU[/video]

13. TheWalkingHorn

14. TheWalkingHorn

15. TheWalkingHorn

Oh daaaang, Les Miles just got the boot.

16. Znuts

Znuts Member

LSU is trying to play keeping up with the Joneses with Alabama and Nick Saban so hard that they didn't stop to realize that they may have just made things worse. I have a feeling that LSU is in for a few seasons of mediocrity and will be kicking themselves for firing Les Miles after a couple years.

17. Kilroy was here

Wow, what a weekend, the second, third, and fourth ranked teams go down in upsets.