Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Weapons Of Choice

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Roman'sRevenge, Oct 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AVC

AVC Member

2. DEADEYE

DEADEYE New Member

Here is the last thing I will say tekno. I have hunted and fished since I was 6. Have a very large arsenal of weapons at my home.
    All registered. I have 3 rifles that I can hit a standard coke can with at 125 yds through iron sights 2 -.30-06 and .303 brit enfield. Have hunted and taken large game with all 3 and with a bow. I have 6 - 12gauge shotguns. 2 - .22lr rifles, 8 handuguns that range in .22lr, 9mm, 44 mag. 45 cal colt (thats long colt for people like tekno.) 41 cal and 41 mag. and unlike you practical experience has taught me a lot more than ballistics from some website.

3. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

Hey Deadeye, what do you think of the old gunslinger style combo, 44-40 Winchester and two Colt revolvers chambered in 44-40, so you only need 1 kind of ammo?

4. Hyperhonda

Hyperhonda New Member

Ima get a KATANA or a full sharp wired steel baseball bat

5. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

After rethinking my current arsenal I will have to add a Katana,machete and a mace.

6. Glockadelic

Glockadelic New Member

Although not a huge fan of the 223 .... spare parts and ease of obtaining ammo make an AR/M4 of some sort a must. That plus the fact my 6 year old can accurately shoot it with an Aimpoint on it makes it an effective and obvious choice. Find a National Guard or Reserve unit Armory and they are easily obtained. Not to mention being able to add a SAW to the mix of AR's makes any small group formidable to say the least. The majority of noise from a 22 is the fact that the round is hypersonic. Subsonic or CB rounds are an easy alternative with a third of the noise. Nice for small game or practice if noise is an issue. If silence is needed a crossbow or compound bow is a genuine alternative. For a handgun my personal preference is always the 45 acp. Go with the Para if capacity is an issue. 14 rounds of 45 is a whole lot of ft/lbs of muzzle energy. For the wife and kids 9mm is a good choice and once again ammo should be plentiful. Shotguns cannot be beat for up close work and any Remington auto is gas operated so you are looking at half the recoil and can be magazine expanded to 9 rounds. As far as a melee weapon goes if they are that close than all your other weapons have failed so it doesn't really matter. But since we are just pondering what ifs-- a bush hook would be a hell of choice.

7. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

My top choice for weaponry would more then likley be an M-4, for the sole reason that I am very familiar with this weapon. as a side arm I would like to have my 1911 .45 be cause again I am familiar with the system. A 9mm would probably be best as it is I think the most produced round out there. I would also, like Deadeye have a .22 because you can carry so much more ammo and it would probly be easy to come up with some, because almost every gun owner has a .22.

For the close in fighting I would have an old school baseball bat. Make sure it is aluminum because you dont want to be in the middle of a head bashing party and have your wood bat shatter. And of course you cant forget the Gerber Machette, or any of the edged weapons that Carl found on the roadway.

An old school mace would be cool to. A buddy gave me one of these for Christmas last year. Its a Cold Steal and its awsome.

8. Chreees

Chreees Member

I'd try not to use guns, since it attracts more of them...

-Katana (because it is quick and precise, would allow me to quickly slaughter walkers if they were swarming me, thus increasing my chances of survival)
    -Grenades (Ya know, for when you gotta break out of the occasional locked down CDC building)
    -Bow gun (for when you're walking out in the woods, it can take a random walker out nice and quiet)
    -Uzi (when I gotta get out of a ****ed situation and being quiet no longer matters)
    -Rocket launcher (to clear out the streets of Atlanta so the Vatos, the old people, and my crew can live happily ever after)

;)

9. AVC

AVC Member

The other day, I was in the hardware store, and I saw a nice bladed weapon. Sort of a cross between a block splitter and an axe. Long poly handle, rubber grip, small head, not too heavy. A perfect zomb weapon.

LOL, the things you think about in a hardware store "wow, this would be perfect for taking out zombies"

10. evicfinite

evicfinite New Member

given that i could only take along enough weapon that i could carry. i'd get the uzi sub machine gun, as it is compact. also would carry along beretta m9, more bullets the better. and a metal bat. i could crush skulls while it wont break.

as for those carrying a katana. you risk blood splatter intoing your face. or as someone said getting stuck in a skull.

with a bat, its just a blunt head bashing equipment.

11. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

[​IMG]

The Horseman's Pick. These are from Poland in the 1600's.

12. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

[​IMG]

Assorted polearms, mostly Halberds.

13. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

[​IMG]

Bec de Corbin

14. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

[​IMG]

Someone's rendition of a Lobotomizer, or "Lobo", from WWZ

15. Headshot

Headshot New Member

All good suggestions but I think I would go with a Flame Thrower!

16. AVC

AVC Member

All a flamethrower will achieve, is having a horde of flaming zombies attack you.

17. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

18. AVC

AVC Member

I say we nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

[​IMG]

19. guitarjam

guitarjam New Member

There aren't many live people left to compete with, so anything you want is there for the taking if you can get it. Hitting up a military or federal place for weapons would be on my list of to do. Worried about sound?, find yourself some silenced firearms. Or if you are worried about attracting zombies with gunfire, do recon and always have a way out before you go to or into some place.

I would not carry a Desert eagle, they are jam prone and unreliable. They are fun to shoot at the range but not trust worthy in life or death. Hollywood loves them though because they look cool. My personal choice would be a AK OR MP5 with plenty of extra magazines and a .40 or .45 auto handgun, even a 9mm would be ok, with plenty of extra magazines for them also. At my my safe area I might carry a M14, FAL, Garand, M16 or other flavor of the moment weapon for perimeter and "at home" security or for longer needed shooting.

A AK variant under stress is easy to load and reload, easy to maneuver, good firepower, reliable and has knock down power. Anything in my sights with it at 100yds I am likely going to hit, I am not too concerned about farther ranges in that zombie scenario.

20. lapper

lapper New Member

that shotgun sounds like what adrien brodys character in predators had