Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Killing

Discussion in 'The Killing' started by Bette Davis, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Bette Davis

Bette Davis New Member

This show is a one of a kind. I have to admit when I first stumbled upon it, I thought it was going to be just like another cop series about a boring murder mystery. I had no idea how a show which centred around one victim could survive an entire season, let alone series. I was wrong. Captivating from the pilot up until the finale. This show is gripping from the beginning to the end with a cast that can portray characters flawlessly and a story line that will leave you wanting more with every minute. Another AMC drama which keeps you at the edge of your seat.

2. Roddan

Roddan New Member

I Agree with you. I love this show :)

3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I understand why a lot of people were down on this show. A lot of teases and red herrings. Bad errors in logic and bumblings by police. That said, the mood and directing are overall excellent. Too bad the writing couldn't be tightened up. Season 3 improved quite a bit, but viewers had already left. Netflix is supposed to do a short run of something like 6 episodes and that should finally be it for the show... maybe (it's already be cancelled twice and brought back twice).

4. Roddan

Roddan New Member

Season 4 will be the finale season I heard.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

6. miltk

miltk Member

the killing was great. i saw it after everyone had vented about being let down in season1, which btw i disagreed. i could watch that show go on forever without resolution but i guess american audiences want endings.

this was a very uncompromising show with the most unlikable protagonist i've ever seen. mireille enos was superb - i disliked her very much LOL. loved kinneman too - couldn't believe he's swedish. and btw, i doubt i'll ever visit seattle.

is the netflix rehash any good?

7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Yep it was really good. There is some stronger language with no censors on it, but I really didn't notice.

8. DaltonioSpidey

DaltonioSpidey Well-Known Member

I started watching this on Netflix a couple of months back and ended up finishing the entire series in about two weeks or less. I was instantly hooked and honestly this has to be one of my favorite shows I've ever seen. It was a refreshing change to see them really dive into the cases, not solving them for a whole, sometimes multiple seasons. Linden and Holder were both great characters and it was awesome to see their dynamic change over the seasons, I was so invested in both of their characters and actually rather worried for them at the end.

Thanks to Netflix for picking up the show and giving it an actual ending for these characters.