Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Miles Behind Us

Discussion in 'Volume 2: Miles Behind Us' started by fruitfulandgay, Apr 13, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

#41 kennyisalive94, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  2. kennyisalive94

That's so true, I hadn't even noticed how many relationships there were. I guess you can say the story did it's job on making them organic if I hadn't even noticed. And I thought it was realistic, these people were struggling to survive and find hope, and they found that in eachother.

3. kennyisalive94

I think the main thing I like about Volume 2 is how everyone's moved on and accepted that humanity is at a loss and civilization is gone. But now they're focused on finding a safe home. Everyone's kind of happy and hunky dory even after Carl getting shot, because they don't know just how bad things are about to get. You read this and all of the dialogue and you're with them, you know in the bottom of your heart that horrible, horrible things are going to happen to everywhere but you don't want to believe it. And then that moment comes, where the group is sleeping in that one building, and you realize that zombies are everywhere around them and the only thing that kept them from knowing was snow, the one thing that helped at first.

#43 kennyisalive94, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. lewh

lewh Member

5. lewh

lewh Member

Don't forget Carl and Sophia haha!

6. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

What is your avi of? It looks really cool

7. Shooter

Shooter Member

I really liked this volume but I felt that the show handled the farm much better. It just feels so rushed but I think that's more to do with it being a comic and obviously much more limited.

didnmt really like how Donna turned from a judgemental bitch to all being happy for Dale and Andrea. Felt sorry for Allen though things were finally coming around and then he loses his wife.

Chris was such a stupid dung Beatle though. Didn't like him at all.

And holy crap did Herschel have a lot of children. It's a shame that only Maggie and Billy were the only relevant ones.

It feels so weird with Andrea being scarless. Really wish TV!Andrea want down her path.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's because it's still the early days as well. Many of them were relationships from before zombies and they hadn't been broken up yet. Of course for story and realism reasons people are less easy to trust and a lot more have died.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be finishing up the Song of Ice and Fire novels?? :p

10. lewh

lewh Member

Hey, sorry I have had it saved on my hard drive for a few year now and can't remember where I got it from. I tried reverse image searching for you on both google and tineye but got no results! Sorry :(

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

School work my friend (you can tell how seriously I take it...). I only have 400 pages of DWD left lol.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

And then after that you get to have some adventures with Dunk and Egg.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

They are my next stop lol. I would be done by now but I read The Things They Carried over the past 3 days.

14. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

That's ok lol don't worry about it :)

15. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Love this volume, as well as Adlard's artwork which is better IMO. Tyreese is finally on board with the crew.

So sad to see how they had hopes for Wilshire Estates. If the place hadn't been full of zombies, they could have made something like

Good to see Hershel again. The barn scene in the comics was great as in the show.

Next stop: the legendary prison. Lots of crazy stuff will happen here...

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Some late, random thoughts about Volume 2:

• It's interesting to note that when Lori starts the affair with Shane she believes Rick to be probably still alive, but in a coma, in the hospital. Presumably the TV writers changed this to Lori believing Rick to be dead to make her more sympathetic, but she was vilified anyway. It makes me wonder how much more she'd have been hated if they'd followed the comic.
    • When Tyreese says, "It's just -- you can never be too careful, y'know? You guys could have been traveling cannibals for all I know," I nearly dropped the book!
    • Glenn originally had the hots for Carol! I'd forgotten about that.

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes I preferred the show version of the farm, probably mainly because of Scott Wilson as Hershel. I didn't like comic Hershel.

18. Charmander

Charmander Member

The Wilshere Estates was a pretty cool location, and I liked Donna's character.
    I can't get over how Rick pesters Herschel about taking Arnold's room, one day after Arnold and Lacey get eaten. I find it really hard to sympathise with Rick (and especially Lori, pregnant or not) here.
    And what's up with Herchel accepting Glenn into the family, again, one day after being furious about finding him in bed with Maggie? I'm glad the later volumes weren't so fast paced.
    I'd have liked to have seen more of Julie and Chris, Chris just creeps me out.

19. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was disrespectful of Rick to ask Hershel if the group could move into the farmhouse the day after Hershel lost half his family. But I consider comic book Rick to be an idiot. It gets worse for Hershel in the next chapter. Privately, I think he rues the day he met Rick Grimes.

I also think Hershel accepted Glenn into his family because he simply gave up. Most of his children are dead, Maggie challenges his authority, his hope for a cure against the virus is shattered. He almost killed Rick in a fit of rage. When Rick left, Hershel tearfully confessed to Otis that he feared he was going insane.