Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Too Far Gone- Re-read Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 13: Too Far Gone' started by Tony Davis, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

dirtbag Gabriel
    [​IMG]

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Have to see if they play out the Jessie/Pete/Rick storyline. It's important in how Rick takes over from Douglas, but it's also very soap opera-y.

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

#3 HondaS2kXD, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  4. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

If condensed down, I think it would work in throughout a season, probably doable n a timetable similar to the Infection story-line.

Derek and the scavengers could probably be done similar to Joe's group, But will Likely be remixed into the Saviors introduction.
    I would hate this season to end where this volume does, I think when we get to this point, they will possibly end the season with another key point in the next volume.

And this is the second and almost last time we get anything Father Gabriel, and it really has me thinking they will have to do something more with him in the show, or they really will be paying that actor to be nothing more than set decoration for 4 seasons, give-or-take.

5. HondaS2kXD

/\so much this!!!/\

I think this season will end with Rick's speech about hope to carl. That would allow for a nice time skip and also set up some nest character work for those two in the next season.

and I think TV Gabriel could possibly become our new Hershel/dale. Moral compass. He tried to for about 30 seconds in the comics.

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

we should know when they arrive at ASZ by filming updates. With Kirkman's latest comments on the current storyline possibly being season 10,11, or 12, we may just get the arrival at Alexandria in the season finale.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I can only rebutt with this:

I find Gabriel to be one of the lowest of the low. He has only shown growth in that he can open a door, and is cowardly and despicable. There has been nothing even resembling a redemption arc for him, I feel they should have left him in that structure he called a house of god, with his unfounded self-righteousness. "Let he who is without sin-" you all know the rest, why doesn't he?

In fact, his only redeeming feature as a character, is that he has not lost one ounce of his faith. In that he has been pretty stanch. He just has no spine. There is so much they can do with his character, he could really be very interesting in TV land. He may not be likable, but he is very complicated. I can see him only being brought along because Beth convinces them to.

8. HondaS2kXD

I agree. Comic Gabriel is basically useless and I don't care for him.

but compare comic Bob to TV Bob. And I also liked the TV versions of joe's group and Lizzy and mika. Heck, even Hershel can be a bit iffy at times in the comics. Just sayin. It's hard to pinpoint who will become the group's new moral compass now that Hershel is gone. Tyreese is a frequently mentioned name due to the fact that he forgave carol, but I don't think he's gonna be alive for long enough. But father Gabriel definitely protested the deaths of the hunters, and I think if that plays out in similar fashion on the TV show, it could snowball and grow until he becomes the member of the group which strives hardest to hold on to their humanity and morals.

9. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

between Spencer and Gabriel i was almost hoping Rick and Co left ASZ when i first read the arc

10. scottoreilly

scottoreilly Member

So Far Gone featured some of Drake's softer singing side on songs such as the the prior mentioned "Best I Ever Had", "Houstatlantvegas", and "November 18th", as well as showcasing his ability to spit on songs like "Ignant Shit" with Lil Wayne, the Kanye West inspired "Say Whats Real", and "Uptown" with Wayne and Bun B.

#10 scottoreilly, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021