Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl's smoke signals

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by TheTunnelRunner, Feb 11, 2015.

1. TheTunnelRunner

Grady had cops and gardeners on rooftops nearby, yet they didn't see all that smoke that Daryl created when he burned the bodies? They could have easily found and killed them. If they had been watching them, they wouldn't have left Daryl alive if they had meant to hit Carol on purpose. Yet another odd mystery surrounding this episode.

2. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I don't think the Grady cops were going around looking for people to kill though - I'm sure there must've been other survivors around Atlanta, so I don't know why they would've bothered to follow the smoke. They seemed to only be looking for people who were hurt or in trouble so they could bring them into the hospital without a fight.

3. TheTunnelRunner

I agree about the cops' intentions. They would've seen the car Daryl and Carol were in anyway when their car had stopped and the walker was growling in Carol's window. (The cops would have just passed that spot where there was no car earlier.)

The bigger point is that Daryl and Carol had just sneaked through the city, sticking close to buildings and such to not be seen. Then Daryl builds a bonfire??? The flashbacks of the smoking shack and prison show that Carol SHOULD know smoke can be seen from a distance, too. Yet she didn't realize it either when the bodies were being burned? The scene just contradicts so much just in the same episode, let alone the rest of the series.

Sorry, but is the writing and directing THAT bad, or are Daryl and Carol really that stupid?

#3 TheTunnelRunner, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Atlanta is a big town. The Grady cops didn't have the numbers to check out every column of smoke in Atlanta.

5. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the point is, they were looking for Noah, not Carol and Daryl. I don't think they were out looking for every person who may have wandered into downtown.

6. TheTunnelRunner

They probably knew all along that Daryl and Carol were moving closer (and had weapons), which is why the car that hit Carol was nearby.
    Had the timing been slightly different, a confrontation with the cops on the street would have been funny:

Daryl and Carol - "How did you find us?"
    Cop "We saw your smoke signals, dumb asses"

7. TheTunnelRunner

But the fire was less than 2 blocks from the hospital and coming from a building. With all the paper littering the streets, the cops should be concerned about the whole city easily burning down, anyway

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The cops were nearby because Noah, who stole Daryl and Carol's weapons, was firing shots at the walkers inside the building. The cops were circling the block, waiting for him to come out. Instead they saw Carol, so they hit her and took her prisoner.

I'm so glad that the cop who hit Carol got pushed down the elevator shaft by Beth. :Grin: