Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

CARYL moment :D

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by jackson04, Feb 16, 2015.

1. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

How sweet was that when Carol kissed Daryl on the head? I just loved it! Wish the two of them would eventually get together...:Grin:

2. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

That was a very maternal/familial kiss. Not romantic in any sense.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

But she does seem to know what he needs only it's one friend helping another in that scene.

4. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I have always enjoyed their mother/son/friend relationship.

5. thewalkingmummy

He didn't seem to want her around much this episode. Maybe because he knew she would want to talk 'feelings'.

6. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

There are way too many celibate people on the show. The reality is that people seek comfort and distraction in times of disaster and tend to engage in risky sexual behavior.

7. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I liked that kiss too. She remembers how Daryl reacted when Sophia "died". Remember her flinching when Daryl was yelling and raised his hand? And that only made him madder that she thought he might hit her? D+C have come along way. But I'm worried that if Carol dies then Daryl, having cried, yelled and now burnt himself over all the others he's lost, will come completely unglued and turn murderously angry. And heaven help our group if they got caught in his "friendly fire" like Abe did with Sasha.

8. batongal

batongal Active Member

I can understand that in times of disaster but in a zombie apocalypse? no one in this group (especially after Lori) is going to engage in risky sexual behavior. Abe and Rosita weren't privy to the whole Lori death by C-section debacle.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Hmm… I don't see Caryl as a mother/son kind of relationship at all. Carol definitely has a maternal spirit, but for the most part I just see them as bros. Rick is Daryl's dude-bro and Carol is his chick-bro.

10. Lt. Col. Cookie

You guys are mean; let us Caryl shippers dream!

11. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

This.

12. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Well, and then we'll find others on the other spectrum that are against an adult grown man with a teenager too.

People are strange when it comes to tv sometimes. Carol tied with Michonne are my favorites, and I'd prefer Carol ship sisterhood and girl power with the other ladies. Daryl just isn't one to show romantic emotions at all. Let him be with the wilderness, that's his first true love.

13. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

There was a bit of a Caryl flicker, back in the day, but I believe that they're family, now.

Rick gives Daryl the "nods", Carol gives Daryl the little pick-me-ups of inspiration.

14. Lt. Col. Cookie

I also like the relatonship between Carol and Michonne, the make a good duo and they're both strong women. But, you know.. Well, I guess I'll just keep dreaming..

15. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

This 'caryl' thing reminds me of when in school you would say anything or look in the general direction of anyone or anything of the opposite sex and everyone would be like 'OOOOOH'

16. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

After rewatching "Consumed" I noticed that Carol and Daryl's theme music is "Wicked Game" and it plays throughout the episode.

17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Too bad you did not get to witness the Bethyl phenomenon.

Beth and Daryl (Bethyl) Romance 2.0 - Beth fans

(The first Bethyl thread locked up the server for some reason.)

18. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Thank you! I really like it here!
    Although the time zone difference between the US and Aus makes me feel like I am going on mass spamming sprees while you are all snug in your beds

I am so glad I missed the entire Beth/Daryl thing - that was an even less compatible match, it seems these days anyone who asks Daryl about his feelings is then offered up as a potential suitor.

Is Daryl portraying his actual age in the show? I don't have a problem with age gaps in relationships - but Beth was merely 18 (if I have worked it out correctly) and she seemed so juvenile to me, although Daryl was also very childish in the beginning as well, which led me to believe perhaps he was supposed to be younger...

That said - I follow Norman Reedus on instagram like a couple million other and I saw a comment along the lines of "I love you so much I going to marry you even though my parents don't know and I am 11 but you are my heart" so I guess anything goes these days.