Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Most brutal death scenes on the show?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by DoctorPimp, Mar 16, 2015.

1. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

i dont think its just the death...as such but the fact its so close to glen who cant do anything but watch in grisly close up

2. AliceInAlderaan

I hope she directs an episode for the No Way Out arc if they decide to do multiple episodes for it. Imagine how gruesome it would be!

3. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

Maybe? I just played that scene and I feel that's reaching. While it's fact that both Rhodes and Aiden were brown-haired douchebags, the circumstances and actual mutilation of the body are far between. If Nicotero really wanted to suggest a connection, Aiden should have ended up in two pieces. I'll gladly eat crow the second it's vocalized as an attempt at homage, but until then, nah. Coincidence.

4. melthebell

i meant the ways they were torn apart, Aiden had his torso ripped apart just like Rhodes, from the middle, and Noah had his face ripped open mainly by the eye sockets, bowling ball styley, same as in Day too

5. Omg!Pudding!

Omg!Pudding! Member

Agh! Now I have to watch that whole shitty* movie again because I don't recall the bowling ball style. It seems the DOTD nods that TWD have employed recently are more obvious: the guts-a-hanging in 403(?) and/or the deliberate styling of the Bub-type zombie in the Tara tunnel (412?!) So, that's what I was thinking- that when implied it has generally been corroborated. If not, then coincidence, because after all there are only so many ways for mindless monsters to devour a body.

*shitty, subjective. Gotcha.

6. melthebell

no need to watch the whole shitty movie again (although its my favourite zombie movie of all time and seen it so many times i can recite it lol)
    heres the bit i meant, sadly not animated :(

[​IMG]

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think what really made that scene was the brief pause between when Noah started getting eaten and when he looked at Glenn knowing it was about to happen. That was cringe worthy, and made the gore all that more effective.

I just wish the governor had a death like this. It's not fair. I hope they do this to Gabriel.\

The worst handled death: The governor. So unsatisfying the way he died.

#27 Spidey, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  8. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

I honestly think it was the best made/written death scene but it was horrible for Noah and Glenn of course.

9. Rigor_Mortis

Rigor_Mortis Member

Agreed. While it lasted little more than a second or two before the feeding frenzy, the look of desperation and the sense of impending doom it conveyed seemed to freeze that moment in time for a lot longer. I'm as much of fan of gore as anyone, but have admittedly become a bit desensitized to it. However, this scene did succeed in striking a nerve.

10. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

I'm so glad I wasn't the only person to immediately think of this when Noah died.
    [video]https://youtu.be/2_EuERsV4aQ[/video]
    :zombies_lol:

11. AliceInAlderaan

I was re watching Season Two and thought that Otis's death was pretty brutal, it was a little hard to see but he got ripped to shreds and a walker bit off his ear. Dale's death was up there too.

12. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Hershells was the worst for me - my favourite character, the nicest one on the show and he goes out in multiple hackings, then reanimates from the neck up.

Tyrese and his death episode made me so sad, he spent quite some time suffering and it was clearly extremely traumatic, for the most part - I wouldn't be comfortable with a ghost Beth behind the wheel.

Pretty sure I cried when Dale died - his poor bowels.