Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rapscallion
Last Activity:
Nov 4, 2020 at 10:27 PM
Positive ratings received:

Post Ratings

Received: Given:
Like 688 239
Agree 195 130
Funny 259 63
Winner 58 69
Informative 13 14
Friendly 21 68
Useful 7 2
Optimistic 4 2
Creative 3 5
Critic

Share This Page

Rapscallion

Well-Known Member, from Boston, MA

Everyone stay healthy and stay quarantined from the Coronavirus. Apr 1, 2020

Rapscallion was last seen:
Nov 4, 2020
    1. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Hey Raps! I left you a review for Chapter 7 of "No Secrets Between Us". I was aiming to read Chapter 8 and also respond to your review on my fic "The Right Choice" but i may end up doing it tomorrow--as well as copy/paste. I'll definitely get to both!
      1. Rapscallion likes this.
    2. Rapscallion
      Rapscallion
      Spring is here! Major League Baseball is right around the corner! Let's go Red Sox!!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Yeah, I do. I mean, I'm glad when either Yankees or Mets get it, as both are NY teams. But I find that the Yankees tend to be full of themselves. A pastor in my old church once said "Any (wo) man can be a Yankee's fan, it takes a real (wo)man to be a Mets fan!" I thought that was so funny. They haven't won the World Series in so long. I was too young back then too...prolly only 5 years old.
        Mar 22, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      3. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        Well, since the Red Sox have won 3 championships this century, I wish your Mets luck. Maybe our teams will compete in the World Series.
        Mar 22, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      4. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Yeah, the Sox have won quite a lot! Thank you. I hope they win...it'd be very nice to see that. That'd be great if our teams met at the World Series!
        Mar 22, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
    3. H5N1
      H5N1
      The last one I read was Lori's death at the prison. That's how shamefully far behind I am!!
    4. H5N1
      H5N1
      I plan on binge reading your fan fiction posts that I missed this week!
      2. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        H5N1, I appreciate that! I'm working on chapter 10 tonight. It's got few flashbacks, so it's taking longer than usual to complete.
        Mar 19, 2017
        H5N1 likes this.
    5. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Raps, please post more funny Caryl fan reaction videos like that! Sooooo funny!!!
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        Yeah, I immediately thought of that girl fanning herself when Daryl and Carol saw each other.
        Mar 19, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      4. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Great minds think alike! I saw a compilation when Rick revealed to Michonne that Shane is the father of Judith. *Sigh* I won't even go there. I know some fans were happy, but many weren't. If I had been filmed for the compilation, I would've been jumping and down, pumping my fist. Yessss!!!!
        Mar 19, 2017
      5. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        @Rapscallion - I went back and watched that reaction again...and again. Thanks a lot for the laughs! :-)
        Mar 19, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
    6. Rapscallion
      Rapscallion
      It begins. The blizzard hit Boston this morning and is expected to snow into Wednesday.
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        I'm certain it is, Raps...putting it mildly that is. I know you mentioned when you wrote me re: your fic that you tend to lean more conservative. I tend to lean more liberal. My guess is that MA tends to be a more liberal state?
        Mar 16, 2017
      3. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        MA, Kennedy country, the "Bluest of the Blue States". The last Republican to win this state in a presidential election was Ronald Reagan. I'm conservative, but I'm also open minded.
        Mar 16, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      4. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        That's interesting how things can change with the times...how someone who may've once been considered Democrat would be Republican by today's standards. Oh wow, Reagan? That was over 30+ years ago. Over here in NY, we're a blue state. I have friends and family members who are Republican. I stay open-minded as well. Sometimes I think I'm more moderate.
        Mar 16, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
    7. Rapscallion
      Rapscallion
      There's one last blizzard headed towards the Northeast! I hope everyone in the region is prepared.
      1. ShaneFan likes this.
      3. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Yeah, I'm waiting to see what happens. You're lucky that your job closed down already, Raps. I'm expecting (hoping) the same for mine tomorrow.
        Mar 13, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      4. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        ShaneFan, I heard NYC is going to get buried in snow tomorrow. I hope you get the day off. There's talk up here of the school cancellation being extended to Wednesday.
        Mar 13, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      5. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Rapscallion, yeah that's what they're saying. No snow falling yet though. Thank you, I hope I get the day off too. I'm not up to driving from home to home, especially feeling this awful. Wow, so you have the next two days off! You got plenty of time to work on fanfic!
        Mar 13, 2017
    8. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Rapscallion, I'm halfway through "No Secrets Between Us"!!! :-)
      2. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        That's great, ShaneFan. I'm hoping to finish chapter 10 for post next weekend.
        Mar 11, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      3. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Hopefully, I'll be all caught up by then. I read your response to my review for Chapter 4. I may respond later. Great work!
        Mar 11, 2017
    9. Rapscallion
      Rapscallion
      Still reading Compendium III, and got to where Negan declared war. I wonder how that "eloquent" speech will play out on the show. :-)
      1. ShaneFan likes this.
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        That's awesome! I heart Negan!
        Mar 8, 2017
    10. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      I left a second review for "No Secrets Between Us" , Raps. Great work! :-) I look forward to reading and reviewing more!
      3. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        You're welcome, Rapscallion. There were many things I liked so I did my best to outline everything. Keep writing! I look to reading more so that when you post Chapter 10..hopefully I'll be all caught up.
        Mar 6, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      4. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        ShaneFan, Thanks again for your review of chapter 2. I just got home from work, and I'll post a reply later.
        Mar 7, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      5. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        You're welcome, Raps. Take your time. No rush. Lucky you! I'm still at work.
        Mar 7, 2017
    11. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Just started reading "No Secrets Between Us"...very good, Raps! I sent you a review to your pm box.
    12. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Hi Raps, I hope you were able to get your writing done and that you were successful in writing the scene that we discussed. Let me know! I plan to begin reading and reviewing "No Secrets Between Us" very soon. Hope all is well!
      3. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        You're welcome, Rapscallion. I'm glad you are almost done with writing the conversation. I know how it can be frustrating to get stuck writing a certain scene. You pushed through it, which is good. I'm glad Daryl is returning, I wonder what Rick's reaction will be. And yesssss Negan is mentioned! Negan is one of my favorites. I look forward to seeing him on the show all the time!!!
        Mar 5, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      4. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        Thanks, ShaneFan. I've dropped a few hints about Negan in my season 6B reboot. Every new chapter is a step closer to meeting Negan.
        Mar 5, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      5. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Anytime, Raps. That's awesome that you are dropping hints of Negan and that he will show up in your fic.
        Mar 5, 2017
    13. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Raps, I know I'm behind, but what I will do is go back to "No Secrets Between Us" as I think I got pretty far into your fic. Once that's done, I will go back to "To Live Again". I recently rewatched Season 3 so it will help when I continue to read "To Live Again".
      3. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Oh wait, I think I read "Starting Over"...Now I'm confused. I know I read and reviewed one of your 6B reboots...."Starting Over" is complete and "No Secrets Between Us" is the sequel. And it mentions events from "To Live Again" since TLA was Season 3...do I have I correct? That's okay, taking time off from TLA gives me time to catch up with it.
        Feb 28, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      4. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        "To Live Again" takes place between seasons 3&4.

"Starting Over" takes place IMMEDIATELY after the season 6A episode "No Way Out" and is the start of my season 6B reboot.

"No Secrets Between Us" is the sequel to "Starting Over" and the second story of my 6B reboot.
        Mar 1, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      5. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Okay, this helps. Thanks, Raps. I started reading "To Live Again" -- I'm in the middle. "Starting Over" -- I think I finished this fic. I have to start "No Secrets Between Us".
        Mar 1, 2017
    14. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Raps, thanks to the video you shared in the Carol/Daryl video of reactions, now I want to find one for when Rick reveals that Shane is Judith's father. :-)
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Nah, I don't blame you. I liked Season 6 although something seemed "off". I liked 6B better. I liked 7A too...some episodes more than others. I really liked the premiere--although it was bloody, violent and very sad.
        Feb 26, 2017
      3. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        When I tell people TWD isn't the same, they agree with me. It began to slip during season 6, got brutal in season 7A. Season 7B seems to be turning it around, but I'm not liking these communities Rick is recruiting.

By the way, I sent you my review of chapter 3 in a community letter. :-)
        Feb 26, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      4. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        It definitely has changed. I think I feel differently about it because I came late into it -- in the middle of season 6. 7B is going there, yes. I'm rewatching the last episode--that junkyard group was weird!

Thank you! I read it and I plan to respond! I greatly appreciate your thoughts, Raps!
        Feb 26, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
    15. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Rapscallion, did you have a chance to work more on your fics when you had time off last week? Also, did the snow melt where you are? It's all gone over here.
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Yeah, we've been having spring-like weather here too. It's crazy! Oh that's good that you are re-writing. I think I'm at least halfway complete with "No Secrets Between Us". I look forward to reading more chapters. I'm sure you'll be able to post very soon!
        Feb 25, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      3. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        ShaneFan, don't be afraid to post a review when you've caught up; I love reading them. This will be a short story arc, because I want to move along with my 6B reboot.
        Feb 25, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      4. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Raps, I will definitely review. I will review every chapter. I know it takes time and effort to write fanfic, and so I love to give my feedback. I especially appreciate thoughtfully written fics that are character driven--so your stories are enjoyable to read. I know how that is when you want to finish fic to work on another. Sometimes I write more than one fic at the same time, other times, I can't.
        Feb 25, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
    16. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      If anyone is happy about last night's episode, I'm sure it's you, Raps!
      1. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        I loved the Caryl scenes, but I was hoping for more. I was hoping Daryl and Carol would admit everything to each other, if you know what I mean. ;-)

The rest of the episode was dull. The junkyard group acts like they should be on Game of Thrones.
        Feb 20, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Yea, I was hoping for more too, and I definitely know what you mean. :-) I'm hoping for more Caryl in the future.

The junkyard group was weird. I figured if they want guns, then they can start by looking through the heaps of garbage that they're living in.
        Feb 20, 2017
    17. TheSlayingTaco1
      TheSlayingTaco1
      Rapscallion,

I can't wait to read "No Secrets Between Us". Thanks for letting me know as always! This day keeps getting better.
      2. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        Thanks, SlayingTaco1. I will be watching the 7B premiere. Hopefully the show will turn itself around.
        Feb 12, 2017
    18. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Hey! Wanna chat in the shoutbox?
      1. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        What's there to talk about besides the weather?
        Feb 9, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Fanfiction!
        Feb 9, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
      3. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        Very nice chatting with you today, Raps. Keep working on your fanfiction. I will catch up! :-)
        Feb 9, 2017
        Rapscallion likes this.
    19. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Raps...lemme ask you somethin'......!!!! ;-) :D :-)
      1. Rapscallion
        Rapscallion
        When you hear that phrase, you know shit is about to go down!
        Feb 5, 2017
        ShaneFan likes this.
      2. ShaneFan
        ShaneFan
        That's right! Imagine if he had said that to Negan?!
        Feb 5, 2017
    20. ShaneFan
      ShaneFan
      Raps, I think Dwight will betray Negan. I haven't gotten that far in the comics, but I like how they the show revealed his mixed feelings about following Negan. It came out in different ways - like when the guy told him questioned if this is the life they really want to lead - follow a man with a bat who kills and takes your wife. I'm sure Daryl will have mixed feelings about it since Dwight kept him prisoner.
  • About

Critic
    Favorite Show Episode:
    "No Sanctuary"
    Favorite Show Episode:
    "No Sanctuary"
    Spoilers:
    i_hate_spoilers
    Spoilers:
    i_hate_spoilers
    Favorite Show Character:
    Daryl Dixon
    Favorite Show Character:
    Daryl Dixon
    Comics:
    have_read_comics
    Comics:
    have_read_comics
    USA

Signature

[​IMG]
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice