Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[912] Rate It Or Die Trying

Discussion in 'Episode 912 - Guardians' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 3, 2019.

?

Rate it.

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Guardian Angel

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. 8

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. 7

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Time for a changing of the guards.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay I am giving out my first 10 of the season. I have no complaints at all

I LOVE Samantha Morton. I LOVE the character Alpha. She is f*cking batshit crazy and Samantha bringing that to life on screen is amazing

3. blundig

blundig Member

I give it a 1. Complete waste of a show. Samantha Morton is so horrible and cringeworthy with that accent that exists nowhere and that absurd breathy voice. They couldn't even make her a villain in wrestling she's so bad. In that world, those who survived would laugh in that obese little toad's face and crush her. Completely not credible except as a scrub woman. And the idea that a seven foot guy would be her lackey defies comic book credulity. Anyway that bald beat up broad has to go, along with Negan, Gregory (unless they make him a pederast and then argue that it is his right in order to have even more social engineering), the King, who would be spit on and gutted by bikers in that world after they ripped off that rat's nest, Henry, the Muslim who therefore has to be a good guy (and all bad guys have to be very white), Eugene unless he runs a 24/7 bullet factory, anyone who doesn't want to join in one giant settlement, and every walker as Tara leads a takeback of the world.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I adored this episode. 10 for me. The interactions between alpha and Lydia were CHILLING. And BETA!!!!! Loved the ending with Daryl and Connie. Great episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am also giving Seth Gilliam a 10 as a guest on Talking Dead because he is funny as shit

• Like Like x 2
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

8 for me. Better episode than the previous two for sure. No major complaint, but I agree with some of blundig's points (I won't give him a thumb's up because his other points are rock bottom stupid): Alpha is not believable as the leader of the whisperers, and the whisperers as a group are not believable anyway. The whole challenge thing? She cut the head off of one of their own, attacking her from behind? WTF, that lady would be offed right away - they don't have guns, she only has a 7' bodyguard and there's like 50 of them. As I said elsewhere, impossible that she got her hands on that many people mentally challenged enough to accept her crap.

As for the rest, pretty good stuff. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I give it a 6. They are taking so much away from the Whisperers. They really should have kept the sexual abuse storyline in the show. They are just another uber violent group according to the show. Something we already went through the past two seasons.

I'm really starting to question Kang's ability to show good conflict. Sure she is good with dialogue but many of the episodes are just a complete drag this season. The rate this is going they won't be through the Whisperers arc until halfway through season 11.

#7 lastcat3, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  8. lastcat3

I have to add the scene where Alpha told Lydia to kill Henry was just a carbon copy of Negan telling Rick to cut off Carl's arm. An intense threat of a violent act that you knew wasn't going to happen.

9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Absolutely right, the zombies taking the place of the tiger for the last second save. BUT the original scene was quite a notch better because of Lincoln's acting.

10. lastcat3

Also another problem with them having the zombies go into camp like that to save the day at the end is it makes the Whisperers look like a pretty weak group. How are we supposed to take them seriously as villains when their camp can be overrun that easily.

Since we already passed this point in the comic I figure it is ok to mention how this part played out there. Basically Rick came and negotiated for Carl's release and Alpha basically disowned Lydia and told her to leave with them (in reality she was trying to protect Lydia because she knew Lydia would just continue to get raped if she stayed in the camp).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

8 for me too. I didn’t like how Daryl and the walkers saved the day. It was a rehash of the other communities saving Rick from killing Carl. And it was at night, and I couldn’t see anything.

On a fun note. Earlier, when Dog fetched the arrow for Daryl and it broke, Norman tweeted that the dog got excited and accidentally broke it, but, instead of reshooting the scene, they kept it.
    Bad dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I pulled a Daryl in my rating of the episode - knee jerk reaction.

Giving the episode a 10 would deem the episode, in my eyes, as being perfect. In retrospect the episode was not perfect. Therefore I change my rating to a solid 9

My only complaint is the arc revolving around Garositiqq. I am a wee bit opposed to the whole baby triangle scenario. Up to this episode having the baby be the result of a tryst with Siddiq seems unnecessary. I cannot see how this component changes the end result enough to effect the story. Let me emphasize, it only bothers me ever so slightly.

13. PepperAnn

My worst complaint was how easily she decapitated that chick. :rolleyes:

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

We don't know she decapitated the head with the wire. It was done off camera. She could have finished the job with a machete.

16. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I can assure you that accent does exist. My mother in law, an 89 year old woman from the hollers of West Virginia, talks just like that. I swear if you ever run up on some little ol' lady with that accent, tread lightly, pretty sure it's indicative of a mean, mean hillbilly streak. Or as my MIL would say..."meaner than a stri-ped snake" If you anger the woman, and she's reaching to take her shoes off, calling you a rip and threatening to stomp a mudhole in yer ass, ya'll best run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ah Ha!! Would that area be part of the Appalachias?

Because to my ear I could hear something akin to JFK's cape cod east coast accent with possibly a bit of what I perceive to be an accent you might find around the Appalachian area

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I give it a 7. It is a composite rating.

The episode was OK but I have to dock it because, as others have mentioned here and elsewhere, the whole whisperers setup is not credible. Why would anyone follow a leader that only brings them miserable living conditions, no power, and the fear of death by a psychopath?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I also am irritated by the accent.

20. PepperAnn

I don't understand everyone's irritation of the accent.

• Agree Agree x 5