Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1003] You better believe in rating GHOSTS

Discussion in 'Episode 1003 - Ghosts' started by Dnae, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Did this episode stand a GHOST of a chance?????

1. 10. I'm the GHOST with the most babe! (Beetlejuice)

27.3%
  2. 9.

63.6%
  3. 8. It aired, I watched, it kicked ass (Peter Venkman - paraphrased)

9.1%
  4. 7.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6. The episode was haunting -- but in a good way

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4. Episode has unfinished business b4 it can move on to the next realm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2. I felt slimed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1. Episode crossed the stream (Egon Spengler) i.e. Total Protonic Reversal (Raymond Stantz)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dust off the old Ouija board and ask the goblins and ghouls......

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Liked it a lot. 9/10
    Taking a point off because of Eugene's bullshit.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Great episode. Good balance between quite a few characters with side stories going on. I thought Carol's hallucinations were done quite well. Liked Aaron and Negan's scenes aside from the technical difficulty of Aaron finding the house yet not knowing his light was on. Overall, great. I give it a 9.3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9. Loved the horror movie feel to this episode.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

.3 deduction for mentioning Rick yet again - they really need to start living by the children's playground mantra of "that's my name don't wear it out". I adore Rick but he need not be mentioned every episode otherwise it is destined to become a drinking game.

.5 deduction for the Rosita / Eugene exchanges - was just so random in the context of the episode. I think that they used this as a set up for something happening to one of these characters and I think it will be Rosita. I am basing that off of Gabriel's statement to her that she is the only one who can feed CoCo - time will tell

So I give the episode a 9.2 rating

MVP of the episode: Carol
    It was a close race between Carol and Aaron but this episode belonged to Carol​

Most Improved Character: Dante'
    Pfft no one even came close to Dante' in the improvement department. Of course in my mind's eye he had the most room for improvement

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Great episode. I really like the way Aaron is emerging as more of a lead character. His scenes with Negan were excellent. I can't believe I'm actually liking post-Sanctuary Negan, after despising his character during All Out War. But now I'd actually hate it if they killed him off. Nice job by Angela Kang with Negan, and also JDM.

I liked the way they showed the hours that had elapsed at Alexandria with the group fighting off the walkers. There's also some mystery if it's Alpha's doing, or a result of the satellite's crash.

No serious complaints for me on this one either. Really enjoyed it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Solid episode. I like that Carol found peace on the water, only to be brought back into the fight. She hasn't dealt with the losses she suffered, she just escaped them. Now that she is back all those losses are weighing on her.

This is the first time in the series where I honestly think her days could be numbered. Assuming she kills Alpha, that would complete her arc in a way. Allowing her to finally come to peace with everybody she lost.

I absolutely loved Carol and Alpha. Such a great scene, Carol doesn't give a shit about what could happen. It's funny, any time Daryl grunted the wrong way at someone he took the blame for whatever happened next. Somehow I don't see that happening with Carol, even though it's going to he her that triggers the war.

The Negan stuff was cool but I'm curious to see where it all goes. At some point they are going to have to trust him, but they will never accept him.

All in all, great episode and it makes me want more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. NakedCity

Unless actors want off, I really don't think they can afford losing Carol, Darryl or Negan for a while. Until some of the others become crowd favorites.

Michonne leaving will be another blow.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

It was creepy which was good. It's the freaking apocalypse. It should be creepy. There are a lot of damaged people walking around trying to survive.
    The scenes with Aaron and Negan and Carol and Alpha I loved. Also loved the Dante/Siddiq exchange.
    One of Siddiq's flashbacks made me wonder about a comment someone made on here recently. I can't remember who. Alpha was looking at him and saying "good" or something. Someone said he may have been forced into the beheadings. Maybe because he's a doctor and could possibly accomplish that without destroying the brain and they're ability to be reanimated while on those pikes? That would be absolutely horrible.
    I'm having trouble figuring out what's real and what's not with Carol. I think she may have actually seen those Whisperers in their camp. Maybe? Where the hell is she getting those pills though? Ten years or so into the apocalypse, I doubt there'd be much left. If nothing else, the helicopter people probably infiltrated the pharmaceutical companies and cleared them.
    Kudos for Eugene finally waking up over that twit Rosita.
    And it's about damned time they brought Negan into the fighting. Use what you have.
    All in all a great episode. Full of tension and real fear. I give it an 8/9.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I’m going with a 9.5. I loved the creepy effects. Carol (Melissa)gave a solid performance. That whole “Daryls was a truck driver” dream was confusing at first, but turned out awesome, when it was revealed as a hallucination.
    Alpha (Samantha) was the creepy part for me. She was just so calm and in control. She didn’t even flinch when Carol tried to shoot at her.

This season has stepped up its game, and makes me look forward to next Sunday.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

This was a good episode, nearly a great one.

Here's what I liked about it.

All the Caryl scenes. :D

Carol still has her Colt Detective Special.

Michonne and Carol finally having conversations.

Gabriel's "Peanut butter meet jelly" introduction for Negan and Aaron.

The confrontation between Carol and Alpha. :eek:

Negan needling Aaron.

Negan's "Behind you," statement to Aaron. :eek:

Here's what I didn't like.

The "Hours" cards, they reminded me of the Gimple years. :mad:

Rosita. :mad:

Daryl's "Heads up," comment. Bad choice of words considering they were at the pikes. o_O

TWD cliché of characters (in this episode Negan and Aaron) finding each other despite the odds.

Negan's and Aaron's arguments and confrontation wore thin.

Eugene running out of the house like a brokenhearted schoolboy was more embarrassing than sympathetic.

Overall, I gave this episode an 8.

#11 Rapscallion, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

10. I couldn't watch all the way through. I had to hide from some of the scary bits. But that's not the episode's problem--that's its excellence. I marveled at Carol telling Alpha she wasn't scared. Hey, Carol, I'm scared enough for the both of us.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

@Tony Davis can we separate the sticky threads from the regular threads? Thanks :)

14. Stealth

I'd be surprised if they killed off Carol, particularly with Michonne leaving the show. For me it'd be tragic if she got her revenge on Alpha, and then died after it. She really needs a chance to to forge a fresh start.

Negan is tricky. So much happened that it's going to be hard for them to trust him, let alone accept him. They could have him save Daryl while fighting the Whisperers. He'd be a great person to take out Beta too.

It might be interesting if they brought Carol and Negan together at some point. They've both done brutal things. At the very least I'd like to see some scenes between those two.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NakedCity

I want Alpha telling Negan "You should fear me", that would be a blast.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

A bit late to the party here this time, but actually it's been quite lovely to read all your thoughts first.

I really enjoyed this episode, a 9 for me. Not quite as shiny 9 as the first episode, but a 9 nevertheless.

Loved:
    • the first sequence of Alexandria fighting the walkers, showing the increasing fatigue an desperation
    • Negan getting out to fight and his still very palpable edge
    • all the clock stuff
    • Alpha NOT punishing them this time with a massacre
    • Carol's badass fighting whilst hanging from the ceiling
    • Daryl's fake story about his dad seeing things, he's so adorable when he tells stories
    • Daryl making breakfast (I wouldn't mind those kinda hallucinations so much :rolleyes:)

Not so keen:
    • The clumsy dialogue between Rosita and Eugene, though I really like where I think they're going with this setup
    • "Peanut butter meet jelly" :eek: (I'm so ready to say goodbye to Gabriel)
    • The dialogue between Aaron and Negan about Eric, all came out somehow wrong, and then I really disliked Aaron's retort about how Negan's wife died hating him, that just felt so out of place, and what does Aaron even know about that? Out of all the things he could have said to Negan, he says this? Really? But again, I liked seeing the two characters together, and the rest of their interactions were engaging.
    • Didn't like the book cover changing to show the five lost children together. Too forced for me. I'd have preferred separate hallucinations on the kids. I liked that Henry was also shown on his own.

All in all, I was really happy with this episode. Got a little worried last week, but we are back on track. Suspenseful and interesting directions. Even what I didn't like, I liked the intention behind it.

#16 BlackBird, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Upon rewatch last night, DAMN was that a creepy episode. I loved the horror aspect of it. It's been a while since I have actually jumped on a TWD scene but that one scene when Carol saw Henry, and then she turned away and the scene jumped to a walker in front of her with a knife (hallucination)......I JUMPED. I give this an 8.8. I want to give it a 9 but I figure we are only going up from here and I am going to have to start handing out 12's here soon.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. Stealth

It's become difficult for me to give number ratings too. If I like the episode I generally just praise the aspects I enjoyed most. I save the numbered ratings for when things go bad and a show goes up in a balloon (only those who suffered through Fear this past season will get the reference).

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Damn that beer balloon was so SMACK MY HEAD. LOL

Yeah I usually don't give actual ratings either, just talk about it but I am in to it this season. But I am already screwing myself since my ratings are already so high. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I just keep handing out 10s. If I love them all, I love them all. :)
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1