Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1004] Complaint Department

Discussion in 'Episode 1004 - Silence the Whisperers' started by Dnae, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I posted the complaint thread so I could remind everyone of the following:

Not enough Rick

Seriously

I miss Rick

A LOT

3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

......is not something one would complain about! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Edit:

That would be my complaint too, no Rick.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Fair is fair and I have a few complaints with the episode

• I think most know that I like Judith. But am I really suppose to believe that Judith came up with the obvious theory of exhaustion at the hands of the opponent before Michonne?
    • Magna being pissy about Yumiko taking charge. This really bugged me. It came out of nowhere and was left unfinished
    • Action sequence outside the gates of Hilltop came off as staged - not organic at all. Obviously it was "acted" but it felt acted. As though each actor was silently telling him/herself "stage left, take two steps then look to camera to convey fear"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

agreed on Magna and Yumiko. After reading the comments on spoilers (after watching) and our comments...and rewatching last night......I didn't see that Yumiko's actions were really that bad to warrant Magna's anger. That was weird to me.

8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I really have no complaints, this season has been great. I am truly looking forward to each new episode.

My only gripe is that so many scenes are so dark, I struggle to make out what is happening, and I am having trouble understanding some of the dialog because the volume seems to toggle between the show and commercials, and in certain scenes. I have tried adjusting settings and nothing really helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

To be fair about Magna;s feelings, if you watch the scene where they are fighting outside, the sequence is Yumiko telling Magna they have to go inside, and then just kind of leaving her. When Magna continues to take her stand outside, it is not Yumiko who comes to get her out of harm's way, it is Connie. I feel like that was done deliberately. Maybe that is what she is really angry about. She saw it as Yumiko running and abandoning her, and someone else had to come pull her in.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Maybe I could get on board with that theory IF in the earlier scene when Magna is the one who suggests putting injured in one of the trailers and then Yumiko steps in and says to bring the injured to Barrington House. It seems to be something other than feelings of abandonment. It almost comes off as jealousy

• Like Like x 2
  11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Magna used to be the leader of their little group. Now that they've blended into Hilltop, and Luke is leaving, that small group is becoming the past. And Yumiko is coming into her own and people seem to be listening to her more than following Magna. Yumiko is more measured, she seems to be paying attention to everyone. Magna had a troubled past before the apocalypse, that much we know. And then the world turned upside down and her streetwise ways came as a huge advantage and she flourished. But now it's time for seeing the bigger picture and it's Yumiko's turn to shine. Magna is struggling to find her place.It was interesting that they showed us that even in sex she needed to be the one taking charge. She's worried all this control is slowly slipping away from her.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree but it still comes off as petty jealousy

I am all for miko as a leader. She started proving that in season 9

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BlackBird

Whatever it is, it's not very attractive, and I'm getting a little bit over Magna.
    I liked her initially, she was sassy and bitchy and very capable, and obviously cared about her people. I don't know. She's just not as engaging as the others, there's a lack of warmth in her character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoyed the Judith/Michonne fight sequence, I am disappointed by it. Michonne put Judith at risk and should be reprimanded for it.

The truth is out there

15. BlackBird

I don't think Michonne was happy about Judith having to fight but she had no choice. They arrived in the midst of a crisis. All hands on deck immediately. She couldn't just tuck Judith away somewhere. She had confidence in Judith's capabilities, and she was fighting right by her side so she could keep on eye on her. Judith's now what, 11? And Michonne's been training her since she was 4-5. And the little sprite did brilliantly and made her mama proud. I actually think she probably needs these experiences now. A step up from the controlled training. If she is travelling a lot between the communities in an open carriage in this world, she needs to be able to protect herself.
    Judith was born into this world, and parental responsibilities and duties need to be adapted accordingly.

We talked about the parallel between this scene and the one when Rick and Carl fight together the first time. I was just thinking, how long it took for Rick to arm Carl and train him. He realised he had to, pretty early on, no matter how much he hated it, but Lori agonised over it. Michonne having to arm and train Judith was never questioned. It's part of life now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what they were working for in that scene. It's jealousy. The key line was when Magna told her "you're not my lawyer anymore." Magna flourishes more in the apocalypse than she did in the real world. Now Yumiko who was successful then is once again taking a strong leadership role and Magna doesn't like it.

• Agree Agree x 1