Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1004] Positive thread - do NOT remain silent

Discussion in 'Episode 1004 - Silence the Whisperers' started by Dnae, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Sooooo whad-cha like about the episode?

Give your likes and loves a shout out....come on, don't be shy.

2. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Basically all of it. Loved the episode and the especially the character moments

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Quick observations thoughts:

I really enjoyed the song used in both the opening and the closing of the episode. Who chooses the music (not the score, but music found outside of the series).

Daryl needs new pants,

Zeke needs to lose the dreads - in 3+ seasons they have yet to find a way to make his look like the real deal.

In the opening scene when Siddiq takes notice of Gabe and Rosita walking CoCo while Lydia takes notice of Siddiq and she offers him a smile. When he abruptly retreats back inside my heart breaks for Lydia because it is obvious that she believes his quick retreat is because of her presence

• 1st Lydia heartbreak moment
    Yumiko taking charge in the absence of a clear cut leader for Hilltop. I have thought since 9B that Yumiko would make a fantastic leader.

Zeke leaves Hilltop and his people in the midst of a crisis - quite out of character for him, but it does illustrate that he is struggling to come to terms with his reality versus the “character” he once used as leader of Kingdom. Much like Carol he is dealing with demons and loss. Crippled with fear of not being able to save them, to keep anyone safe he chooses to flee and seems to be contemplating suicide.

Michonne talking about the pain of losing your partner in crime was beautifully executed by Danai. And when she says she misses his (Ricks) walk oh MIchonne, I miss it too!! And Zeke’s response of “and yet I smile” My heart broke a wee bit

Loved Lydia slamming that rabbit down on the table and then her shh to Margo. I like snarky Lydia

I am okay with Negan being a sounding board for Lydia. He understands her isolation. Granted, so does Daryl. Season 7 and 8 Daryl would have body slammed Margo and her minions. Season 9B and 10 Daryl is now more apt to attempt resolution in a more diplomatic manner. But Margo and Co. are not the type to respond to diplomacy and Negan sees that. To paraphrase Carol “bitch had to die” - although that was never Negan’s intent. Negan was simply trying to protect Lydia and deescalate the moment. Poor Negan, he does the right thing and set himself back by at least 10 steps
    • 2nd Lydia heartbreak moment - Lydia clutching at Negan’s leg as he comforts her

• 3rd Lydia heartbreak moment - Lydia missing her dad, missing having that one person who she knows would have protected her
    When the breech happens and the Hilltop gates fall and Michonne watching Judith holding her own, fending off walkers. I was immediately transported back to season 4 episode Internment and Rick is watching Carl march alongside him fending off the walkers who have breached the prison fences. Both Rick and Michonne in each of their moments realizes that their child has become a warrior. I felt gut punched. I loved the parallel. Our little Judith is such a bad-ass with her mini katana. A rewind worthy moment

• 4th Lydia heartbreak moment - that she feels safer behind bars. Her heartache, fear and loneliness are crushing me. Someone needs to hug her!!!
    The episode was successful in driving the story forward.

• We are given confirmation that team family readily met at the border not to simply give in to the demands of a bully but more so to buy needed time to develop a strategy against them rather than going in blindly.

• Yumiko was Magna’s lawyer. Makes sense

• I think Brandon arranged it so it would be very easy for Negan to leave

• Seems as though Yumiko is feeling the ties of her group coming undone

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Such a lovely review, @Dnae. I especially liked your description of Zeke's despair, Lydia's scenes and the parallel you've drawn with Rick/Carl and Michonne/Judith fighting together the first time like equals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. BlackBird

Best episode of the season for me. I did what I haven't done in a long time, and watched it again two hours later. Second time I loved it even more.

The opening sequence was great, and I really liked how the song got a reprise at the end.

Daryl having dinner with the Grimes family all full of smiles? My heart melted.

Michonne ... she made me cry on both watches, needless to say. When she said "that walk"... just destroyed me. She could have said anything personal regarding what she misses about Rick, beyond partner in crime and sounding board, but somehow she picked his walk, and the image of Rick walking, yes... that slayed, because so much personality was fuelling that walk. The essence of the guy was embodied in that walk. God I miss him.

Loved Judith as mini-me Michonne. She's just such a little badass and fun character, and the two of them together as mother and daughter work like magic.

Negan... wow. That was brilliantly done. He did good again, and talked a lot of sense to everyone who cared to listen. He really had to get the hell out of there, and I'm glad he did, because this will be crunch time now to see who he really is now, what he will do next: whether he has plans to return after he takes it on himself to deal with the common enemy, or not. Somehow, I don't think he would want to try out on his own anymore.

The whole Michonne-Zeke scene was beautiful. I so dreaded it, but it worked for me. Zeke also broke my heart with the "I don't even know how to talk to her (Carol) any more". It's always so refreshing when Zeke talks like a normal person. I loved how Michonne got him back from the edge, and the kiss made perfect sense in that context. And I loved how they joked about it afterwards.

Daryl was just all shades of wonderful in this episode again. Bless him, he's really struggling in this father role, despite trying his hardest. It is crazy how natural Negan is at relating to kids. He must have been an excellent teacher.

Daryl did good though, supporting Lydia, and accepting, even reluctantly appreciating that Negan helped her. The poor girl, this was so hard to watch, how those assholes turned on her. And good riddance of the bitch who lead the assault. Lydia's situation is breaking my heart, and sadly she's right, and the cell is the safest place for her right now. Daryl had to go along with it, even though it was cutting him up. Hopefully it's gonna be a very short lived thing, Lydia in there. It's unbearable.

Interesting thing with all these disasters happening in every community, how much is a coincidence, and what is orchestrated by the Whisperers.

Trouble in paradise between Yumiko and Magna? It seems like Magna cannot handle her lover taking charge? That's really a poor personality trait. Im going off Magna a little bit. And I'm really worried how much screen time Luke's goodbye gotten. It clearly means he's not going to return... and I hope that just means Oceanside love nest, and not death.

Much as Gabriel has been getting on my nerves this season, I really liked him in this episode. Very level headed. I wondered if he'd let Negan go, hence the ruse of "having to sleep on it". But from next week's review it seems it was probably Brandon.

So.... this is very exciting now, and so unpredictable. They're really mixing things up.

Loving this season.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

For whatever reason this scene really got me. The other was Siddiq screaming into a bowl of ice water, I don't know why.

I also have absolutely no idea who Brandon is and why everyone else seems to. Another one of my "do I even really watch this show" moments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BlackBird

I think those two moments were my favourite heartbreakers too, along with Michonne saying "that walk" and Daryl's smile fading looking at the empty seat in the Grimes family table.

I think we are not supposed to know anything about Brandon at this stage other than he was one of Negan's prison guards and called Negan "sir" which was a bit odd. Comic readers know him, because he features heavily at this particular plot in the source material.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yeah, the way she was clutching onto him as her life line

Ummm but did anyone else think "where the hell did the ice come from"? I suppose they keep a freezer juiced up on solar power for their meat stores. I just thought it seemed odd

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

HA! I never would have thought about that. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1