Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1005] The rating/poll thread

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by Dnae, Nov 1, 2019.

?

Negan Idolized, a King's secret, the case of the missing supplies. How did it rate?

1. 11 Spinal Tapped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10 The perfect 10. Always the hope. Tonight's reality

44.4%
  3. 9 As Brandon loves Negan, this episode is loved

33.3%
  4. 8 It is what it is. Close, oh so close to being perfect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 7 Above average - secretly hoped for a bit more oomph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6 As Hilltop was missing Stuff and Thangs, so too was this episode. It rates a MEH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 5 I hate that this was even a possibility - but alas *sigh*

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 4 Mmmkay, if ya say so. Personally Dnae doesn't buy it & Dnae made the poll-sooooo, whatevah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 3 Simply here so the troll wanna be's have a place to leave their mark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 2 is only here for trolls & the always butt hurt types

22.2%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This episode once again received some very positive twitter blips from those who receive the screeners

Were they on target with the praise?

2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Hilarious poll, @Dnae.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have really liked all previous episodes of this season. Naturally some more than others.

This one, this one is my favorite thus far

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

I think I might have preferred the previous episode, but this was still devilishly good. 10/11. :)

5. blundig

blundig Member

There is no -10. Explained elsewhere.

6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

9/10

Only problems with this episode to me are:

- Alpha still doing Alpha things and killing one of her own in front of the group. No way, zero nada, that anybody follows that ****. I feel insulted every time we go back to that group.

- Brandon ... I LOVE (and hate) that he killed the lady and kid, but that's the only thing he did that wasn't predictable, just too convenient, too obvious. It kind of works in order to redeem Negan, but it felt overly written.

Otherwise, amazing episode, my favorite too (of a very good season, with only one weak episode up til now)

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Solid episode, although I'm not sure I like it QUITE as well as 1004. A couple interesting twists like the Zeke cancer arc. I like that we still don't know how Negan got out.

I'll go with 9.1

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This episode is my favorite so far this season. I really didn't expect them to kill the mother and son off like that, so I was surprised. They lulled me into believing that they'd make it to Alexandria and possibly be a story for Negan at another point in time. It was also an interesting reflection on what Negan's life had once been, to where he is now. Brandon looked so ridiculous when he said "I'm Negan."

Ezekiel's situation is interesting because we really haven't had anyone get sick, outside of the flu/virus thing they had in Season 4.

They're really making Magna unlikable.

I still can't believe that I'm actually liking Negan now. He was what I disliked the most during Seasons 7 and 8.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

93% so far on rotten tomatoes....

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I never had the level of disdain that many seemed to harbor for Negan. I just always saw him as a necessary evil component of the story.

But I did always wonder how on earth they were going to re-shape this character into a character, that at the very least, those fans who hated him would be more inclined to turn the other cheek for season 9 and forward Negan.

Of course it remains to be seen if we will still "like" Negan by the end of 10. I tend to believe that our liking Negan will be quite fluid and will depend upon Negan's current mood LOL

Magna - yeah, someone needs to inform her that "emo angst" is so old world

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with Negan was how Gimple delivered the story. It felt cheesy at times. Negan is such a strong personality that you don't need to go overdo it with dialogue or over the top plot devices. And this showed in the recent episode. All JDM had to do was flash Brandon a grin, or give a menacing look, and it conveyed everything to the audience.

I'm fine if Negan goes bad again though, because I like what Kang has done with Alpha and I'm confident she'll be able to make it believable and entertaining.

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was thinking about that last night on my third watch. I said it on his first season......although it happened a lot less. It happened a lot MORE this episode and actually throughout the season..................when he isn't being theatrical and trying to touch the ground with his back? He's downright scary looking. Those menacing looks he pulls of like a charm. A scary charm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I'll give it a solid 9. Great episode.
    Magna's annoying and Yumiko is turning into the leader that I thought she would.
    Lots of great Negan stuff.
    I saw last week's episode, but will have to watch it again because all I really remember was the song. The anticipation of waiting for the inevitable bad that's coming and just breathing through each moment. That's how it came off to me. I had just gotten home from a week of watching my Mom in hospice care with Alzheimer's and I related to the song. I came home for two days and she died when I was on my way back. We buried her this past weekend and last night in the ER we found out that my husband has a mass on his lung so I'm a bit fuzzy on the show details at this point.
    Going back and watching both of them again should provide a little distraction from real life horror for a little while.
    Kang is definitely hitting it out of the ballpark every week for me.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  14. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

So sorry for all that.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Wow that hit close to home for me. I too lost my mom to Alzeimer's Sept 15th and that song really touches me about her. So sorry for your loss and what you are going through with hubby too. I will keep you in my thoughts. I wondered where you had been. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  16. KiernansFaerie

17. KiernansFaerie

I'm so sorry about your Mom. Alzheimer's is relentlessly horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My condolences. Alzheimer’s sucks.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. BlackBird

I'm sorry, @KiernansFaerie and @PepperAnn you had to go through watching your mums slowly disappear in this horrendous disease. Cherish your happy memories.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Neuropyramidal

@Tony Davis can we separate the sticky threads from the normal threads?