Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1006] Bonds - Rate the Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 1006 - Bonds' started by Dnae, Nov 9, 2019.

?

BUT did you bond with this episode???

1. 5 - Perfect. Flawless. Impeccable. Beyond reproach. (A+)

9.1%
  2. 4 - Above Average. Outstanding. Elevated. (B+)

90.9%
  3. 3 - Average. Mediocre. Middling. Smeh. (C)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 - Below Average. Subpar. Below the mean. Yawn. (D)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor. Lousy. Scanty. Basically this is for the whiners who live among us (F)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I've read a theory that Carol doesn't expect to survive her feud against Alpha, so she's trying to nudge Daryl into a relationship with Connie so he won't be alone anymore. :(

#21 Rapscallion, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Last night I watched "Bonds" and thoroughly enjoyed this episode! :D

Here's what I liked about it:

1. I loved watching Daryl and Carol working together again. Yes, this episode was yet another Caryl tease, but it worked on me! :D

2. Negan was hilarious in this episode! I'd have loved to have seen a few Whisperers snickering over his outrageous comments! :D

3. I loved Negan needling Beta, and Beta's frustration.

4. I think Carol had the right idea about searching out Alpha's herd of walkers. The Alliance is in a tenuous position; it's time to either fight back or pack up and leave.

5. I liked the scene where the Whisperer offered Negan some food. I think some of the Whisperers don't agree with Alpha's methods and see Negan as a better leader.

6. Daryl covering his face with blood to camouflage himself from the Whisperers and their walker "guard dogs".

7. Negan's compliment to Beta where he admits "Hell, if I had a monster your size, things (the war) would've turned out different." :D

8. It seemed like at the end of this episode, Negan had won over a few Whisperers because they weren't wearing their skin masks. I think they'll join Negan and become his new Saviors. :cool:

Here's what I hated about it:

1. Rosita. :mad:

2. Dante. He seems to realize that he's a jerk and is trying to better himself, but I think if he got any power, he'd stay a jerk.

3. The epidemic in Alexandria is a throwback to the flu at the prison in season 4. :rolleyes:

4. Carol leaving her gun at home. I think the lack of firearms this season has less to do with "dwindling resources" and more to do with AMC being too cheap to buy blanks or rent guns.

5. Carol taking a Whisperer prisoner. We all know this guy is going to escape and kill somebody. :rolleyes:

6. Negan escaping the walkers. The plot armor is strong with this one. :rolleyes:

I did enjoy this episode however. I'll give it a 4. :cool:

#22 Rapscallion, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Carol taking that whisperer is bad for Alpha. Alpha told them she killed Lydia, and he will eventually see her, and let the others know.

The truth is out there

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think they were leading us to believe that Carol had the gun on her, along with the zip ties. She just never had to use it. Notice how Daryl said he didn't notice the ties in her bag and she said "you must've missed them." She knew Daryl might search her things, but she didn't think he'd check what she had on her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

6. NakedCity

That's weird... I've been trying to post in the bond songs thread since yesterday and I'm blocked and "waiting for moderator approval"....

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's gotta be a mistake. There is no such thing. That we know of. Lol

8. NakedCity

This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

First time I saw that. Tried to post a video, then tried again censoring a few words in my post, then tried again without the video. Nothing passed.

9. NakedCity

Words in my post that might have triggered it: naked and suck.

10. NakedCity

11. NakedCity

Here everything's fine.... weird!

(now got a warning that I had to wait before posting again!)

12. PepperAnn

Yeah they do make you wait 15 seconds before posting again to try and avoid spammers. Which used to be very annoying back in the heyday of our VERY busy chat thread. LOL

13. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Nice messy jazzy take on the theme tune, I enjoyed that.
    Naked? Suck?

(Just testing. :D)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. NakedCity

Very glad you enjoyed!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Before opening the thread, I had decided on a 7......... But SOMEONE, had to change up the rating scale! :p So I gave it a 4.

Briefest of rundowns:

I liked Daryl and Carol's scene's.

I liked the scenes with Negan and Beta (and FTR, I'm really getting pissed at the writers for making me enjoy Negan......grrrr).

I'm so tired of Siddiq. His character just seems unnecessary, and annoying. Oh, and I don't trust or like Dante either...... I don't recall; Is he somebody to Siddiq??

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. PepperAnn

Yeah that has thrown me for a loop all week, when someone says "I really liked the episode a LOT! I give it a.....FOUR!"

I'm all, huh? LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I guess I forgot to post a review? I don't know. Too much going on in my life is making me flakier than usual.
    I gave it a 4, based upon this week's rating system. :)
    Loved, loved, loved the Negan/Beta/Alpha scenes. Maybe it was Carol who let him out? Or possibly Daryl? You need a dirty job done that's going to take someone tough and clever, you tap Negan. And neither of them would give a damn if he got killed in the process.
    Dante is annoying at times, but I think that's just how he deals with stuff. I don't think he'll turn out to be a villain or a spy or any of that. But I'd like to know how and when he ended up at Alexandria. I don't recall them saying anything about that.
    Carol. I get the wanting revenge part, after so much loss. But she's got to be more careful or they will all pay the price for her choices.
    Rosita has always annoyed me. And she calls Eugene and gives the poor bastard some kind of hope. Maybe there is hope there. I don't think it was just the fever that had her reaching out to him. She misses him. More than she seems to miss Gabriel.
    Siddiq is a doctor and a parent and it never occurred to him that bringing the baby into the infirmary during some kind of outbreak was probably a bad idea? And he's the last person who should be responsible for an infant right now. He just not 'present' enough at the moment.
    He's going to crack sometime soon because there's definitely more to the barn story than he's sharing. Maybe he blocked it out and it's coming back in pieces or maybe part of his problem is knowing just what he did in there and having to try to live with that AND keep it a secret. I don't see things ending well for him.
    Another great episode, but not my favorite so far.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah it's like when we were commenting on Fear this summer, although 4 would've been a high rating for them this season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1