Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1008] Time to Rate The World Before

Discussion in 'Episode 1008 - The World Before' started by Dnae, Nov 22, 2019.

?

Did you feel the earth move under your feet? Or did the sky come tumbling down?

1. 10------ The World Before was out of this WORLD

5.9%
  2. 9------- In all the WORLD, none was more lovely than this episode

11.8%
  3. 8-------- The World Before was heaven on earth

23.5%
  4. 7------- This episode made a WORLD of difference

17.6%
  5. 6------- Cheer up! It's not the end of the WORLD. Christmas will be here soon!!

35.3%
  6. 5------- In this episode the WORLD was not enough

5.9%
  7. 4------- What in the WORLD did I just watch???!!!???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3------- Watching The World Before put me in a WORLD of pain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2-------It was the WORLD's worst

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1------- For the trolls: Hell on earth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Alas kiddos the mid season finale has arrived. And with its arrival and all too quick departure we are faced with the winter drought.

In an effort to ease your despair I give back the 10 point rating system. Okay honestly it has nothing to do with kindness. It just so happens I was able to come up with 10 blips about the world or earth.

So for the last time this decade, rate the episode!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

5/10

Was highly disappointed with the mid-season finale. Could have been one of the better half of TWD, with only one bad episode (the bottle one). Killing Dante was dumb, taking Aaron's gut feeling for cash was dumb, taking Carol with them was dumb, following Alpha was dumb, and the whole "I've got weapons on my island" felt like a FTWD bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

6/10

oceanside scenes pointless, Virgil was annoying. The whole naval base has weapons! thing better be worth it. Carol frustrated me at the end. Dante dying was kind of cool as in I didn’t see it coming which I liked. I knew he would die somehow but kudos to Gabey. Everything else made this an underwhelming episode. Library was pointless.

On the bright side, Scott had the most lines he ever had in a single episode lol but also aka RIP Scott, probably in 1009 =\

4. naossano

naossano Member

I guess they reached double digit of doctors killed by now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I rated the episode an 8. It was a pretty good episode, although I expected a bit more from a mid-season finale.

6. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

6/10.

POINTS WERE SCORED FOR...

Rosita. Brave, feisty and honest, she's always been one of my favourites. But in this episode she really shone. I liked her interactions with both Eugene and Gabe. Liked Gabe's firm "I'm telling you, it will pass." When Rosita had to put down Siddiq and took out Dante like a woman possessed and then ran back to pick up her daughter like only a mother can, it was one of the best moments of the episode.

The Dante back story. His poisonous manipulations even in captivity. How he even got under Rosita's skin, making her lose confidence. I think that's why Gabe killed him in the end, the last drop, to stop the poison coming out of his goddam mouth.

Judith. Michonne. Luke.

Daryl challenging Carol.

POINTS WERE DEDUCTED FOR...

Daryl not challenging Carol enough.

Daryl not going after Lydia immediately after he found out Carol had bloody lost her. That made no sense at all. Just served the plot later.
    Daryl was a little off and his actions were written somehow out of character this whole episode.

We didn't get a glimpse of neither Lydia nor Negan. I felt we really should have. Just a glimpse, but something.

The ending. Walking into that trap was super annoying for a great many reasons.
    First of all, we have been here before. Walking into the Saviours' trap before the lineup. Alpha's trap before the pike reveal. And now again. And how was that all SOOOO SILENT??? No screams? Really? I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that was ridiculous. It felt like they were all swallowed by a black hole. Completely stupid/wrong show. And I hate that now they are all down there for the next three months making me worried about who is not going to make it out alive. Not cool to have that pray on your mind whilst you're having your Christmas dinner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

A 7/10
    Kudos to Gabe channeling his inner Rick. And how he burned Dante instead of burying him. His way of saying ‘burn in hell, you bastard’.
    He has come a long way from locking his people out of the church. I just hope he makes it to the end.

Even though I read the spoiler, I still freaked when walker Siddeq went towards baby Coco. Well played. Rosita really stepped up too. Not only kicking Dante’s ass, but when she kicked him in the back, while he was in custody, was epic.

I guess we need the storyline of getting weapons, so what a better way to get them.

I just didn’t like the way Daryl and the gang got caught in that pit. It’s like they all took stupid pills just before.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BlackBird

I hope he makes it too. At the beginning of this season I was so ready to say goodbye to Gabriel, felt there was nothing new left to explore in the character. I was so wrong. He had a brilliant arc this first half of the season. He’s been a highlight in the last few episodes. Where do I sign a petition to keep him alive? Because I still feel he won’t make it into S11.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The opening sequence was my favorite of the episode. Because Rosita had the baby I was expecting someone else to come in and save her from Dante, but she was resourceful and fierce. The Gabe scene was a big surprise and my second favorite moment in the finale.

I'm still absorbing the whole Carol thing, but the character is really annoying me now. It started last week with how she treated Lydia. Now she idioticaly chases after Alpha and puts everyone at risk. I wish they had just done that whole scene with only her, and not the whole group. It's really irritating and is making me dislike her. If someone in the group, like Connie, dies due to her actions then I'm just done with Carol's character.

I wish we had checked in with Negan. That felt like the only box that wasn't checked for the midseason finale.

I was bothered by the Michonne leaving scene at first because I thought initially that was how they were going to take her out of the show. But I was glad to see her in the second half preview. So I'll reserve judgment until that plays out. It feels too as if something that ties into Rick is going to come out of all of this.

I didn't feel as negatively as others here about the finale. My only problem is all stuff surrounding Carol. I really don't want her to be the one to kill Alpha now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah I was down on Gabriel too. But that scene flipped me around. I lean toward your belief that he's not going to make it out of this season alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BlackBird

YES!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

After two viewings and much thought I give the episode an 8

PROS -- (+10)
    I thought the opening minutes were fantastic. Loved seeing Rosita reading the signs, listening to her gut instinct - she KNEW all was not right with the world and she reacted appropriately.

Loved everything about Gabe in this episode. And that moment in the prison was so far out of left field that I was truly gobsmacked.

If I had to pick one MVP of this episode I would have difficult time choosing between Rosita and Gabe. But if pushed I choose Gabe. I LOVE that he did what he needed to do. And I also thought that his decision to burn the body rather than bury was a great call back to season 6 episode 1 when Gabe is digging a grave for Pete inside the walls of ASZ. Rick approaches him and tells him "we don't bury killers (inside the walls)"

Alpha is playing Carol so hard right now. Every move she makes Carol falls for it hook line and sinker. Carol needs one good bitch slap across the face to wake her ass up and realize the danger she has brought to their front door. I am so done with Carol right now.

I do not mind the so called cliffhanger. In the history of cliffhangers I would say this is a pretty tame cliffhanger. We MIGHT lose one of the lemming squad but I even doubt that will be the case. And of course it was dumb that everyone ran into the cave. But our people live by that mantra that Yumiko voiced back in season 9 "ride or die". So stupid as it was, it was not out character for any one of those people to take the action they did . So am not left biting my nails until February 23. What I do like about it is Alpha is given yet another chance to flex her cat and mouse muscles. They wanted to know where her horde was, well....now they know!

Do I think Gamma/Mary betrayed Team Lemming? No, I do not. I do however think that Alpha played Gamma and thus she became an unwitting pawn in this leg of Alpha's psychological warfare.

CONS -- (-2.25)
    For me the weakest part of the episode was Oceanside. I suppose it was used to begin the set up to Michonne's departure. If that is the case then all can be forgiven when we return in February. (-.25)

Daryl. Yes I know that I am not the person one thinks of when they think "who is the biggest Daryl fan on the forum" BUT even I know that Daryl's reaction about Lydia running off into the night is a bit off kilter. Based on who I think Daryl is his first priority would have been to find Lydia and bring her back safely to Alexandria
    I wanted to see Daryl give Carol the treatment she deserves. Not this mollycoddling he did with her out in the woods....UGH. (-2.0)

My rating --- 7.75 rounded up to an (8.0)

The preview for the back half looks exciting as hell. For anyone who thought the pacing of this first half was too slow - well seems as though that will be remedied when we return February 23

#12 Dnae, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm just going to steal all of this because it's 100% on point. No need to say anything else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You and I are on the same page in regard to Carol, and also about the MSF. At this rate she will need a stronger redemption arc than Negan :D

I also agree that Carol should not be the one to kill Alpha. In my eyes she lost that "right" with all of her stupid, selfish, dangerous and ridiculous revenge infused antics. UGH.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Sambalman

Sambalman New Member

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought it was a solid episode, actually. I did have some disappointments. I felt the extended mid season finale would have been a good time to
    And in that regard, I was sorry we didn't see any Negan. Another complaint was the editing of the cave-fall at the end, and at times Carol's continued insistence on going after Alpha rogue style almost felt like an FTWD gimmick. If it goes on much longer, it might become that. But in reality, all three of those complains are pretty minor for me at this point...

I gave the episode an 8.55, just enough to round up to a weak 9.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

7 for me.
    I was expecting more after last week. More of what I'm not sure but it felt a little flat.
    I have lost all patience with carol's selfish and impulsive behaviour, I understand that she is traumatized and angry. but OMG she has become sooo whiney and stupid. even Daryl is getting fed up with her.

I am not sure that Michonne would leave with Virgil discussing it first with the council. perhaps another character would be better. would the ever-cautious Michonne be so ready to leave with this stranger at a time of such crisis and threat on the vague promise of getting potential weapons in return? would she leave Judith and RJ? It just feels like an excuse to explain Danai's absence from the show.

I am all for Fr Gabe destroying Dante the way he did I think it was a good way to show his character's development. same with Rosita fighting off Dante and walker Siddiq.

#17 Toothpick, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

All I gotta say is atta boi Gabe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Carol really does seems like she's been dumbed down a bit this season, even if Henry's death has affected her this much for revenge, she can't be this dumb. I get its for plot convenience, but did she really think running after Alpha was a good idea and there wasn't gonna be a trap? Hell she didn't even attempt to shoot at her she just chased her like they were playing tag lmao. Hopefully Daryl finally finally puts her in her place and she becomes methodical killing machine carol again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

The cave ending was balanced out for me by the prospect of a particular kiss next season!!!!!!

That makes it a terrific mid-season ending for me. :)