Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1009 Squeeze Opening minutes

Discussion in 'Episode 1009 - Squeeze' started by Dnae, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We have the opening minutes from the mid season premier.

If the video is any indication then the lighting department for TWD has yet to figure out how to film dark scenes that the viewers can actually see!!! I know I will be making some brightness adjustments to my tv prior to the premier!!!

UPDATE: Watched the opening minutes on the ol television last night and the lighting was vastly improved upon

Anyway, here is the video.....

@BlackBird @Seventh_son @mistertrouble189 @Neuropyramidal @Jen7 @PepperAnn @Sharpie61 @Chr1s @VenomGA @GregsGirl @tink @Rapscallion @Lindigo @Stealth @Terminator @purriwinkle @NakedCity @92Pony @Tigger @Gaycandybacon @Miamicuse @Blueman @fylimar @KiernansFaerie @WillyJakkz

#1 Dnae, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

And here we have a clip (though it is poor quality) that I have not yet seen on youtube.

Has quick snippets not yet seen in other teasers

Via article from comicbook.com
    https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdea...ryl-vs-alpha-bloody-brawl-season-10b-trailer/

Samantha's take on Alpha (from the linked article)
    Despite Alpha's vicious deeds — a slew of decapitations among them, including the murder of Carol (Melissa McBride) and King Ezekiel's (Khary Payton) son — Morton is "not playing in mind that she's a villain."

"She doesn’t think she’s a villain. Just don’t mess with her. You know? You look at lots of politicians all over the world right now, and war, and how things happen, and how things can escalate, and I think she’s just incredibly strong minded," Morton previously told Entertainment Weekly. "I haven’t played any scenes whereby it’s about pleasure, and I think that when you look at psychopaths, they get pleasure from their actions, whereas Alpha, it is just what this is about. She is leading an army, and she’s clever, and if somebody crosses her, then it’s different."

Even before
    Morton took gleeful pride in getting to play a female "badass."

"How many women get to play a badass like this? How many women get to do these parts? They just don’t exist," she told EW. "So you think of the comics, and what [TWD creator] Robert Kirkman’s done in making this character, it’s a dream come true. I often look at films, some really good films in the male parts, and I go, ‘Oh, Dirty Harry. I’d love to play Dirty Harry,’ but obviously he’s amazing, and those films are whatever, but it’s very rare that the women get to take that on. That they get that responsibility."

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The darkness of that scene reminds me of the final season of Game of Thrones. They had a large battle and among the many complaints, was that the scene was too dark. Those involved with the episode had the response that "people don't know how to set their TVs." And they also said the show wasn't meant to be watched on tablets etc. After further pushback they simply said, "We don't have to always see what's going on, it's about the emotional impact."

It drives me crazy when you simply can't see stuff. It's a visual medium. I'll give them a bit more of a pass on this TWD scene though since it's in a cave. So they could be going for a bit more of the horror here. But we should be able to see basic night scenes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I just posted an update about the opening minutes. I watched it on my television last night and the lighting was vastly improved upon.

Still unnerving in its effect BUT able to actually see what the characters are doing/feeling etc

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the whole point of tv is to watch it.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

These pretty much suck.